Dynadot

Pool.com -- I'm sure I didn't backorder that domain..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've just received an email from Pool.com congratulating me on a name that I'm sure I didn't backorder.

Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of problem with pool?
Have they ever caught a domain that you're CERTAIN you didn't backorder?

How best would I appeal for a refund?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
are you sure it's not a scam email?

•••
It happened to me once when I accidentally checked the wrong box. I didn't ask for a refund though because the name was actually decent.

•••
It's definitely real.
I've also received the login details to manage the domain.

The name is.. POSTTOKN.COM.

What's strange is that the name isn't listed when I go to "MY BACKORDERS LIST", whereas a name I successfully backordered 2 weeks ago is.

•••
Well, I would email [email protected] and ask them what is going on.

Brad

RUPERT said:
It's definitely real.
I've also received the login details to manage the domain.

The name is.. POSTTOKN.COM.

What's strange is that the name isn't listed when I go to "MY BACKORDERS LIST", whereas a name I successfully backordered 2 weeks ago is.

•••
Emailed.

I'll let you know the outcome

•••
How it works...

Hello Rupert,

I'm sure you will also get a prompt response from our customemr service department but for everyone's interest, here is how our systems work.

First, when you place a backorder at Pool, it never expires! We will try to get that domain for you as long as it keeps coming available and your account is in good standing. The moment we fulfil your order (ie we get the domain for you specifically) then it will disappear from your backorder list. Up until the domain actually gets awarded to you, the backorder will remain active, unless you delete it.

If a domain is acquired and it does not go to auction, then it is awarded to the single customer that ordered it, the backorder is closed and removed from that customer's backorder list. If a domain is acquired and it goes to auction, then it is awarded to the winning customer and is removed from their backorder list but remains on everyone else's list since their backorders have not been fulfilled.

We encourage our customers to periodically check their backorder list to make sure there are no "very old" requests that they no longer want fulfilled.

I hope this helps with everyone's understanding.

Rupert, I'm not sure of the specific example of the domain that you acquired that is still in your backorder list, that is an anomaly that I would like to check in to. If you can send me the specifics of that domain I will look into it.

Richard

•••
Well, just be glad it was not atomicmonkeyboner, RE the other thread!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back