Dynadot

status-invalid [POLL] Start banning members

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you believe that the warning system at namePros is effective at keeping members at bay?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    69.2%
  • No

votes
    30.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
It's been nearly 6 months since @Shane Bellone posted a request to namePros staff to start banning toxic members that continually violate the rules.

@Eric Lyon responded, and presumably closed the thread afterward, with:
This thread has been closed.

The warning system worked as intended: it gave the member a fair chance to learn and abide by our rules, and when the member did not, their account was closed automatically due to exceeding the maximum warning points allowed.

If you'd like to learn more about how the warning system works, please review my posts in this thread:

Please assist us when possible:

If you notice a member breaking the rules (such as being disrespectful, non-constructive, or antagonistic), please use the Report link at the bottom of their post so that we can investigate and issue a warning if necessary.

Thank you for helping to keep our community professional and friendly.

My question to the namePros community, after looking back on the past 6 months, do you truly believe that the warning system has worked as intended? Cast your vote so that your voice can be heard by namePros management.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
As a neutral party, NamePros cannot make the distinction between disruptive, controversial, antagonistic, aggressive, and problematic--they're all the same to us. Justified or not, you are a disruptive and controversial member, David, and you'd be banned under your own proposition. Are you thinking these things through before you post them? I feel like you've been trying to make an impact lately, without any real regard for what that impact actually is.

•••
It's possible to hold an "intellectual conversation" without pointing fingers and turning our community into a battleground. This is not a courtroom and our members aren't a jury. If you want to start a war, do it somewhere else.

We stand up to fraud on a daily basis; the majority of our infrastructure costs go toward detecting and preventing fraud. In most cases, prevention is sufficient, so you never actually see us doing anything--it all takes place behind the scenes. When prevention is insufficient and detection is necessary, we do our best, but we can't go around banning people based on rumors and circumstantial evidence.

I don't know what the current deal is between you and Rami, but I don't want you speaking about him or anyone/anything related to him ever again on this website. I don't want it in your private messages, I don't want it in your signature, and I don't want do hear you're searching for more reasons to hate him. It's a witch hunt, it's emotionally abusive, and I won't tolerate it. If you continue to push the matter, I'll delete everything to do with it, because it's becoming a liability on our part. If you still have a problem with him, take it to court or keep it to yourself.

We try our damnedest not to censor, but there's a point at which your campaign has become so abusive, so single-minded, so ignorant, with so little evidence to support it, that any sane person would stand in your way. In an effort to make yourself an icon of transparency and honesty, you've lost sight of what matters, and have resorted to hurting other people to further your own cause.

Here's a question for you: is it more important to expose every criminal or avoid wrongfully condemning innocent bystanders? Don't answer, because NamePros has already made its decision, and you know what it is. If you don't like it, the exit is a click away.

•••
THE FACT IS @David Walker YOU HAVE COMPLAINED AND MAKE A BIG DEAL OF LITTLE THINGS!!

You complained about @Michael Ehrhardt, @KINGOF.TOP, @ Rami Stietieh and other members that you don't like; like me :cautious:

First of, if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen.period!

Second of all, you is extremely rude and it is uncalled for you to still drag Rami names all over the forum. :xf.frown: I think NamePros should stop you from doing this. I really think this is not nice :(

This is NamePros site; not David Walker site.

David Walker has his own way of doing things; go by David's protocol; that's good. And keep it to yourself.

I would suggest, Mr. David Walker create your own site, set your rules and regulations. I don't think you bring any contribution to NP. Your constant whining and none sense complaints will drive NP members away!! :'(

•••
THE FACT IS @David Walker YOU HAVE COMPLAINED AND MAKE A BIG DEAL OF LITTLE THINGS!!

You complained about @Michael Ehrhardt, @KINGOF.TOP, @ Rami Stietieh and other members that you don't like; like me :cautious:

Second of all, you is extremely rude and it is uncalled for you to still drag Rami names all over the forum. :xf.frown: I think NamePros should stop you from doing this. I really think this is not nice :(

David Walker has his own way of doing things; go by David's protocol; that's good. And keep it to yourself.

I would suggest, Mr. David Walker create your own site, set your rules and regulations. I don't think you bring any contribution to NP. Your constant whining and none sense complaints will drive NP members away!! :'(

You and the others mentioned are toxic. You ruin communities.

•••
@Eric Lyon and @Admin Tech please remove or cancel my account here. Thanks.

•••
Please I apologized if I had done something wrong at NP or to NP members; I wish all us luck in the domaining collecting or investing. @Eric Lyon, @Paul Buonopane and NP moderators please I apologize :(

•••
•••
The little things in life count. When members repeatedly break the rules and run amuck, they make me, and everyone else who cares about their personal image, look bad.
Michael creates toxic threads to create commotion amongst members. He hasn't made one recently, or within the last two weeks, that I can recall. However, he constantly posts antagonistic replies to others because he knows exactly how to trigger people. And as far as KINGOFTOP, he's done nothing wrong except spam the forum; whenever a ngTLD comes up he posts about .top, even if it's unrelated to the subject (i.e., in a fictitious discussion on .newtld launch date, he'd comes in and says .top is better and will always be .TOP).
What heat is in the kitchen? All I see are dishwashers. Look around. The chefs have left. There are barely any more sous-chefs that remain as well.

I know, you're horrible at analogies, as seen in your McDonalds vs. hamburger reply. Let me break that down to you:

A dishwasher is a beginner domainer (or troll), a sous-chef is an intermediate domainer that contributes where and when they can, and a chef is one that has been practicing in this industry so long that has a plethora of knowledge to share. Though, because there are so many dishwashers on namePros, the chefs and sous-chefs have packed their knives and left the kitchen.
I had to put it in my signature. This is because namePros management chose to close the thread that had indisputable language that Rami and tha-she participated in shill bidding, which ultimately buried it. Although, it's since been twisted and rephrased, it still can be interpreted in such a way that Rami does (or has) shilled on namePros. This is to protect the dishwashers from bidding on his auctions.
Exactly. What was I thinking when I signed up for a business account? I paid namePros over $300 in subscription fees as a Business Account and NamePros Supporter. I've since canceled those subscriptions because I noticed that it's not "David Walker's site", or rather, a paying member has just as much say in how things are run as a troll. In otherwords, Michael was allowed to stick around, even after having his hand held, and other members also voicing their concern about his status of membership. Well, it's not my site... and I'll no longer pay to upkeep it if management is unwilling to bend (a little) to those that do assist.
No. I think that a fair system should be in place. There's no reason that you, or another member, should have to be told not to do something twenty+ times. It's just not necessary; you're an adult. Take responsibility, and, if you accumulate so many points, take some time off of namePros (as in, a ban). When you come back, don't break the same rules as Michael has done. Learn from your mistakes and participate in a productive manner. I am a very forgiving person.
Not counting my hundreds of other positive contributions in threads around namePros, I'll just leave this here:
About The Author — David Walker

David Walker is located in Okinawa, Japan and has been a registered member of NamePros since Nov 25, 2009 with 83 followers and 3,617 posts. From those posts, 230 members have been thankful for them and 644 members have liked them.

This is David Walker's 65th blog post on NamePros. View all blog posts

Home Page:http://www.djw.net
What have you done, besides post ":ROFL:" in a post-padded reply to an off-topic response lately?

•••
As a neutral party, NamePros cannot make the distinction between disruptive, controversial, antagonistic, aggressive, and problematic--they're all the same to us. Justified or not, you are a disruptive and controversial member, David, and you'd be banned under your own proposition. Are you thinking these things through before you post them? I feel like you've been trying to make an impact lately, without any real regard for what that impact actually is.
As I've said, plenty of times, I think things through and affix my name to my opinion; I take accountability for everything I do and say. Unlike these others that need their hand held, I am an adult. You don't have to tell me twice. Have you had to tell me twice? Please provide an example, besides the non-engagement of Shane Cultra (due to it being obscure the first time). Since then, I've only quoted him in MLA, as instructed. Again, I'm an adult, and you don't have to tell me twice.

What I say, lately, is partly due to the inept management of the toaster ovens here at namePros which is allowing this type of stuff to happen, time and again. I can only attribute the lack of participation, that I once seen, to these types of posts. Or, perhaps, I have tunnel vision and a forum or community is not the place for intellectual conversation to take place anymore. Maybe, they're on blogs.

•••
Paul,

This was never about fraud. I never mentioned fraud in this entire thread. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that this matter had anything to do with fraud.

The conversation here was about rampant abuse of the warning system that is currently in place that allows trolls and toxic members to continually participate after being warned, not once, not twice, but countless times. A reform must be made, and a suggestion has been proposed to do so six months ago: Let members dictate who is, and who is not, a genuine member with a reputation bar or something similar. That way, NamePros may still stay impartial, as you so suggested. Was that too much to ask?

-David

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back