Domain Empire

Poll for Name Protection Product Concept

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which brands do you prefer for protecting your domain from loss or impairment?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
I previously invited input for a new brand name for a product/service that protects domain owners from unforeseen risks and provides optional insurance against economic loss. The concept was introduced here.

After a few days of reviewing domain submissions, we now have a screened list of prospects for this project and are looking for some input on name selection before making a final decision.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rob Monster, who is the winner? Are you going to go by the name with the most votes?

We are negotiating with some finalists and will then decide on Thursday in a 3 person panel. The winner will be announced on Friday.

•••
edit: sorry, late response from me...Rob had already answered

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I would go with Vettednames, considering what you intend to use it for "
protecting your domain from loss or impairment " the domain suggested are good and will serve your purpose. Imh, VettedNames will be my first choice while the second and third choice will be NameSeal, and NameSoldier, respectively.

Anyway, I wish you good luck.

•••
Personally, I would go with Vettednames, considering what you intend to use it for "
protecting your domain from loss or impairment " the domain suggested are good and will serve your purpose. Imh, VettedNames will be my first choice while the second and third choice will be NameSeal, and NameSoldier, respectively.

Anyway, I wish you good luck.
Personally? Your level of involvement at namepros is anemic, and all the sudden you are giving recommendations, without prejudice of course?

Last edited:
•••
Which brands do you prefer for protecting your domain from loss or impairment?

Now that the competition is coming to a close and the winner is to be announced on Friday, I'd just like to leave one last(ish) point.

The aim of the competition was to find a brand for 'protecting your domain'. What interests me, is that none of the chosen entries for the final poll contained the word 'Domain'.

Please discuss and maybe those with more branding experience could explain the pros and cons of each perspective for a relative newcomer to domain investing.

Thank you.

•••
What I am wondering is why does @Rob Monster need a new domain for the service. Why not offer it under the Epik banner. Call it EpikSeal or something like that. For branding purposes you don’t need the word “domain” or “name”. A brandable can be almost anything as long as it is easy to spell and remember.

•••
What I am wondering is why does @Rob Monster need a new domain for the service. Why not offer it under the Epik banner. Call it EpikSeal or something like that. For branding purposes you don’t need the word “domain” or “name”. A brandable can be almost anything as long as it is easy to spell and remember.

Well, three reasons:

1. It will have a separate management team with a separate capital structure. The core product offering is an insurance product. The point of entry feature is a risk assessment, including a free "CarFax" for domains.

2. It will be made available to channel partners, including other registrars.

3. The logical end-exit is for it to be sold to a large international insurance underwriter.

•••
•••
The aim of the competition was to find a brand for 'protecting your domain'. What interests me, is that none of the chosen entries for the final poll contained the word 'Domain'.

Please discuss and maybe those with more branding experience could explain the pros and cons of each perspective for a relative newcomer to domain investing.

I mentioned my view of the 'name vs domain' thing previously, in my reply to Etinosa's post which stated that DomainShield.com was available at Sedo:

"I prefer 'domain' to 'name', in this instance. More specific, yet still general enough, for domains. I was going to ask if anyone had names that didn't have 'name' in them - it's one reason why I chose DNProtect."

•••
•••
Well, three reasons:

1. It will have a separate management team with a separate capital structure. The core product offering is an insurance product. The point of entry feature is a risk assessment, including a free "CarFax" for domains.

2. It will be made available to channel partners, including other registrars.

3. The logical end-exit is for it to be sold to a large international insurance underwriter.

I can certainly see the logic behind that. The reason I asked is because the service aims to be for domains directly. As a registrar it would seem to be aligned with your other domain-related services. Plus, if it works out it would add value to Epik.

•••
Personally? Your level of involvement at namepros is anemic, and all the sudden you are giving recommendations, without prejudice of course?

Anemic? Responding often on social media is not my thing. Consider yourself lucky that you are getting a response directly from me.

In brief, I am not on facebook, I have a certified LinkedIn account and I am often mute all year round, and for the trending "club" twitter Okay, I stroll there to catch some fun and I hardly comment.

The irony is I didn't vote and I will not vote just threw in my opinion.

I am glad I have a social media "namepros" police.

Welldone!

•••
NameSharp.com
can it be added

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats Ray. I'm a little puzzled though, after being told by Rob that DNSafeguard.com was not included in the finalist list as it contained 'DN' ???

I actually did not expect DN anything to win. Ray knows it.

DNP score is brandable

DNS is obviously a well-known industry acronym.

We did filter about 80% of the submissions to get to that long list. Engagement was off the charts.

•••
I would chose NameSafeGuard.com but you had to choose from a beauty contest, so kudos.

•••
•••
I actually did not expect DN anything to win. Ray knows it.
Congratulations on Raymond's win. Happy for Rob's choice -- and my only choice among all the options. Ha ha!

•••
Congrats to the winner, there was a lot of choices, and that would be one tough final call for sure.

Great product to test in Epik shopping carts, and from there you can take it to the broader market. I can’t see to many domainers buying into the product, but plenty of nervous small business, and corporate buyers where the gravy is might check that box.

Insurance companies are always looking for growth within their product offerings, so if you can make this work, you will have a nice exit. Equity78 you maybe should have taken equity instead of cash in this deal if you could.

•••
DNProtect sounds powerful to me, by scanning the list slowly.

It will do what it says on the tin, Protect the domain name.

•••
Too little, too late but I'm still a very happy camper and proud to have hand reg'd this at Epik :)

148001_7c1f36e7073a016e412805b932aecf82.png

•••
Congrats to the winner, there was a lot of choices, and that would be one tough final call for sure.

Great product to test in Epik shopping carts, and from there you can take it to the broader market. I can’t see to many domainers buying into the product, but plenty of nervous small business, and corporate buyers where the gravy is might check that box.

Insurance companies are always looking for growth within their product offerings, so if you can make this work, you will have a nice exit. Equity78 you maybe should have taken equity instead of cash in this deal if you could.

Thank you, equity was not offered, not sure what I would have done if it was.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back