Dynadot

question "PM Sent"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domainzy

RetiredTop Member
Impact
"PM Sent"

I will probably get a lot of flack for this one! It's one of my pet peeves!

Why do some people post the comment "PM sent"? Do they not know that the message itself comes with a red alert? I don't get it..

How is that any different than sending a snapchat asking if they got your text message that ask them to check their and email, which contained a link to your website where they can see photos from instagram that said you called and left a message on their machine that says you stopped by to leave a note on the door that explains you Skyped to remind them of the letter you shipped snail mail, that said: Isn't this redundant?

All in good fun!! ;)

Cheers!
Jeffrey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A kind of habit. Also, on some other forums where a post count matters, n00bs think that's a simple way to bust the counter.

But actually i've seen a few threads here, usually in "want to buy" section, where an OP would ask to both PM and post in the thread. Maybe for a double control, i dunnow. To be sure not to miss anything.

•••
•••
The most logical reason is that it bumps the thread. That is why some buyers on the Requested section ask for a PM Sent message. It helps the visibility of their message.

•••
In a WTB thread, it could be a way to let other potential buyers know that you may have something they want, so you are just not trapped into only having one potential buyer.

•••
I write it because in the thumbnail it shows my Profile picture too, meaning I have sent the person the required domains that he wants to buy.

There are so many similar threads asking for the same type of domains it gets difficult to keep track of the domain names that I have sent and the ones which I haven't.

So would you like me to send you similar PMs or one PM and one "PM sent"? :)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back