Dynadot

Please Sign this petition to help Mr Rob Monster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There has been continuous attempts of character assassination and paid witch hunt towards Epik Registrar and Its CEO Mr Rob Montser.
I request all respected domainers all around the globe to come and play their part by signing and sharing this petition to help one of ours i.e Mr Rob Monster.

If We domainers wont stand against these corrupt practices of paid journalists, no one else will. Today its Mr Rob, tomorrow it will be you.

http://chng.it/g9mqK4Cy - Link to petition

I also request everyone to spread out the word and to share it on your respective social media timelines.

Also please raise your voice here --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:...roposal_to_change_the_lead_paragraph_for_Epik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have not lied about Epik or about Rob. I have repeatedly invited anyone who will listen to point out any inaccuracies in the article, but no one has. I've looked for anything not supported by the citations and can't find anything, but I can't read minds here.
I think it is more some of the semantics and more omission of additional information about the company.

Anyone reading it currently would come away with a partial knowledge and a negative impression versus a neutral impression and all the facts to consider themselves.

Certainly you wouldn't necessarily know, or be expected to know, any company from the bottom up in an industry you know little about.

You started an article, as you are supposed to. It's the editing and maintenance that have been unclear. That is not your fault.

Your response to fair criticism has been terrific.

Last edited:
•••
I have not lied about Epik or about Rob. I have repeatedly invited anyone who will listen to point out any inaccuracies in the article, but no one has. I've looked for anything not supported by the citations and can't find anything, but I can't read minds here.
Would you be open to discussing this with Rob? Many times direct communication can solve differences we may have. A better understanding can happen with direct communication. So how about a chat with Rob?

•••
I think what Molly was saying is that there is a protocol. She also has agreed to review any supported information. Seems that what needs to happen is a reset. Epik or a representative should submit changes, once the temporary lock is lifted, and if those changes are found acceptable under Wikipedia policy, she would not prevent them or remove them.

I don't know that a phone call would help with the Wikipedia article.

Silentptnr - There is a year of history you can see of them turning down some 36 attempts for individuals to make these changes. As well as every individual involved along with their user tags, their comments back and forth, and the real truth of their taunting. Repeatedly. Dozens of instances.

This is absolutely bonkers. I hope you all have fun with your conspiracy theories, I'm going to take my leave of this forum now. I do not have to subject myself to these insane attacks.

It only took posting your actual profile pictures and the individuals handling Epik to get you to leave? Which part of your own profile pages exactly are conspiracy theories?

Better call your handlers. Your compartmentalized access is getting ready to get rooted.

Last edited:
•••
Silentptnr - There is a year of history you can see of them turning down some 36 attempts for individuals to make these changes. As well as ever individual involved along with their user tags, their comments back and forth, and the real truth of their taunting. Repeatedly. Dozens of instances.

It only took posting your actual profile pictures and the individuals handling Epik to get you to leave? Which part of your own profile pages exactly are conspiracy theories?

Better call your handlers. Your compartmentalized access is getting ready to get rooted.
I see. Thanks.

•••
What? All of your comments are still there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Epik_(domain_registrar) You are again making accusations that are disproven with even one second of research.

Another administrator did "collapse" some of the sections (in those tan boxes) written by other editors, probably because they were not following the guidance in the notice at the top of the section to make arguments based in Wikipedia policy. They were also breaking Wikipedia policies that prohibit personal attacks and legal threats. But as with anything on Wikipedia, they remain visible in the page edit history as well as if you click "show" on the boxes.

1) as mentioned in wikipedia mail to me , i want to clarify that neither i work for epik nor i represent epik, also i am not subject of the article.

2) If epik would have not raised their voice i am very sure Ms Molly White would have never ever come on this forum.

3) @frank-germany a) yes i started this petition and your threat accusation is absolutely false. pls go through those threads first sir . the matter had already been resolved .

•••
Another good point of reference. This is what any individual looking up information on Epik over the past ten months gets to see dozens of times a day before they make decisions about partnerships. This is why they do what they do. If you want to know why, take a deep dig into the Epik Labs section.

Funny how so many people could react this badly post you writing this Rob - "Epik is a strong advocate for digital empowerment, and is believed to be the first and only company to own and operate the entire stack of technological infrastructure required to power secure and resilient distribution of digital content from end to end."

EpikSearch.jpg

And in other headlines, GoDaddy and Afternic are pleased to announce a brand new addition to their robust selection of premium domain names.

GoDaddyLovesYou.jpg

Keep playing with Epik. No patience for those who would harm others with such intent or glee. We need leaders in this industry, not individuals who employ secret lobbyists to remove Who Is information, tank markets to drive expiry auctions, or can't stand up to ICANN and the corruption we are having our faces smeared in every day.

•••
Man I love Namepros. I've decided hah.

•••
IMO this is an excellent wikipedia, innocuous wikipedia article....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_speculation

I searched "domaining" and it brought that article up.

Everyone knows that article could have been mostly about scandal, squatting, etc. Instead, it conveys a generic definition, history, etc.

I think there is a parallel. Epik and all businesses should be portrayed in the same balanced perspective.

Last edited:
•••
IMO this is an excellent wikipedia article....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_speculation

I searched "domaining" and it brought that article up.

Everyone knows that article could have been mostly about scandal, squatting, etc. Instead, it conveys a generic definition, history, etc.

I think there is a parallel. Epik and all businesses should be portrayed in the same balanced perspective.

I don't have a Wikipedia account (I don't edit there, etc.), although I do read it. I believe that article has gone through many edits, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Domain_name_speculation&action=history

and might have been more controversial in the past (I recall some of the domain industry blogs talking about it).

Even now, though, it's debatable Some might construe the term "speculation" to have negative connotations. It's more accurate to call it "Domain name investing", rather than "Domain name speculation", in my opinion.

But, free speech exists, and that free speech extends to Wikipedia too. Unless something is outright false and defamatory, proven in court, they're allowed to have an editorial position. While they attempt to say they are neutral, CNN says that too, as does FOX News. People will report things the way they want to, and opinions or viewpoints do tend to filter into their coverage.

The very first sentence of that article is imprecise, in my view. It literally says (at present):

Domain name speculation is the practice of identifying and registering or acquiring Internet domain names as an investment with the intent of selling them later for a profit.

Here's why it's not correct. Someone could buy example.com for $1,000, but then earn annual revenues from it (from domain parking, ads, or other monetization) of $100 per year. After 15 years, monetization of $1,500 would exceed the $1,000 purchase price, and they'd have a positive return on investment over that lifetime. They might never want to sell the domain name. Their goal is to earn a positive return on investment, and that can happen from the cash flows from the domain name. It's the same for stocks. One could buy a stock for its dividends, to buy and hold it. One need not ever sell it at a profit.

The examples like Sex.com in the article are misleading, because they ignore the fact that those sites were monetized with advertising, and thus the capital gains or losses associated with buying and selling the domain are only a small piece of the puzzle.

i.e. profit (or loss) = (simplistically, ignoring interest rates) (Sales Price - Purchase Price )+ (Cash Flow While Owning The Asset)

You can have the sales price be ZERO, below what the domain name was purchased for, and still yield a "profit", because the cash flow while owning the asset (i.e. from monetization, minus other factors like hosting costs, domain name renewals, etc.) exceeded that purchase cost.

The thing is, Wikipedia doesn't really allow "experts" to edit their articles. They rely on "independent media" (which of course can often be debated!) as sources. And Wikipedia tends to not give any weight to "trade journals" in the domain name industry (who would actually know stuff like the above), so until it actually filters out properly into the "mainstream media", somewhat misleading or imprecise articles can persist.

I'm not going to weigh in on the whole Epik / Molly battle or take sides, but ultimately there is free speech in the USA (where Wikipedia, Epik, Rob and Molly all appear to be based). Unless a court finds an article to be defamatory and orders it struck down (even the negative petition that she claims is false), one has to put up with it, to some degree. That's the uncomfortable price we pay to have that precious right.

Last edited:
•••
The thing is, Wikipedia doesn't really allow "experts" to edit their articles. They rely on "independent media" (which of course can often be debated!) as sources. And Wikipedia tends to not give any weight to "trade journals" in the domain name industry (who would actually know stuff like the above), so until it actually filters out properly into the "mainstream media", somewhat misleading or imprecise articles can persist.

Agreed...and therein lies the problem.

•••
1.) This is not industry news.

2.) I think you, being someone who posted something that obviously came off as a threat to her, should quit posting this shit.

Brad

I think it is definitely part of industry new
;)

•••
Why is it factually inaccurate? Are you trying to say Epik didn't do those things?

Wikipedia’s judgement is very biased, it is very selective and not fully based on truth.

•••
Wikipedia’s judgement is very biased, it is very selective and not fully based on truth.
Yes, we are also seeing that Wikipedia's appeal and editing process, or policies, are a dog and pony show.

•••
I actually read this Wikipedia article months ago before I and Rob got into agreement on hi.tv project. I was surprised that article uses support “Neo-Nazi” “far-right” to portray Rob, because that is not Rob, and that is not Epik.

Epik treats everyone the same, because bible said you and I, all of us on earth, are the same with sin. Jesus accepts all, why we human reject others. I believe that is Rob’s idea why he is open to everyone.

With regard to that “Neo Nazi” wording, If someone never talked to Rob then they would definitely not work with Rob or Epik due to that extremely unfair description. I think from a business perspective, it hurts Epik’s public reputation. I think Rob can choose to sue if no other better resolutions

I also read many other Wikipedia articles, most of them are quite neutral and balanced in writing goods and bads, usually they put “controversies” part in the middle or bottom, However for Epik, why they use ugly description from the beginning to the end?

Why they don’t include the positive part of Epik?

Last edited:
•••
I actually read this Wikipedia article months ago before I and Rob got into agreement on hi.tv project. I was surprised that article uses “Neo-Nazi” to portray Rob, because that is not Rob, and that is not Epik.

Epik treats everyone the same, because bible said you and I, all of us on earth, are the same with sin. Jesus accepts all, why we human reject others. I believe that is Rob’s idea why he is open to everyone.

With regard to that “Neo Nazi” wording, If someone never talked to Rob then they would definitely not work with Rob or Epik due to that extremely unfair description. I think from a business perspective, it hurts Epik’s public reputation. I think Rob can choose to sue if no other better resolutions

I also read many other Wikipedia articles, most of them are quite balanced in writing good and bad, usually they put “controversies” part in the middle or bottom, However for Epik, why they use ugly description from the beginning to the end?

Why they don’t include the positive part of Epik?
That's the point for me. Its more sensational than factual.

You could argue particular matters factual, but to leave that article as a complete definition is negligent on the part of the wikipedia community imo. Particularly when they have been made aware.

I highly doubt a donation driven organization like wikipediia would benefit from companies having to deal with this type of matter.

Wikipedia should never weaponize its service or let it be weaponized.

I hope the editors read this and take it to heart.

Last edited:
•••
As a neutral, I can see the bias in the starting introduction.

"Epik is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web hosting company[1] known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications.[8] It has been described by Vice as "a safehaven for the extreme right" because of its willingness to host websites that have been shut down by other web hosts."

I want to compare it with well written article about video game GTA.
In its controversies thread, which probably has most content in the whole article. At the start it states;

"According to The Guinness World Records 2008 and 2009 Gamer's Edition, it is the most controversial video game series in history, with over 4,000 articles published about it, which include accusations of glamorising violence, corrupting gamers, and connection to real life crimes.[64] "

Now How about having an Epik style intro for GTA, it would look like;

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is an action-adventure video game series known for glamorising Crimes, Corrupting gamers, promoting Nudity and is accused of having connections to real word crime."

Now thats factually correct too but this isnt a professional way to do so. An intro should be just an unbiased and unjudgemental intro like in the case of GTA article which is surely written by a professional Editor;

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is an action-adventure video game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly;[2] the later titles of which were created by brothers Dan and Sam Houser, Leslie Benzies and Aaron Garbut. It is primarily developed by British development house Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design), and published by its parent company, Rockstar Games. The name of the series references the term "grand theft auto", used in the U.S. for motor vehicle theft. "

So even though Epik's Wikipedia article have references about its content and it should be in the article but in gta-styled controversies section and Introduction should be Just an intro without any judgements.

Last edited:
•••
As a neutral, I can see the bias in the starting introduction.

"Epik is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web hosting company[1] known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications.[8] It has been described by Vice as "a safehaven for the extreme right" because of its willingness to host websites that have been shut down by other web hosts."

I want to compare it with well written article about video game GTA.
In its controversies thread, which probably has most content in the whole article. At the start it states;

"According to The Guinness World Records 2008 and 2009 Gamer's Edition, it is the most controversial video game series in history, with over 4,000 articles published about it, which include accusations of glamorising violence, corrupting gamers, and connection to real life crimes.[64] "

Now How about having an Epik style intro for GTA, it would look like;

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is a action-adventure video game series known for glamorising Crimes, Corrupting gamers, promoting Nudity and is accused of having connections to real word crime."

Now thats factually correct too but this isnt a professional way to do so. An intro should be just an unbiased and unjudgemental intro like in the case of GTA article which is surely written by a professional Editor;

"Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is an action-adventure video game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly;[2] the later titles of which were created by brothers Dan and Sam Houser, Leslie Benzies and Aaron Garbut. It is primarily developed by British development house Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design), and published by its parent company, Rockstar Games. The name of the series references the term "grand theft auto", used in the U.S. for motor vehicle theft. "

So even though Epik's Wikipedia article have references about its content and it should be in the article but in gta-styled controversies section but Introduction should be Just an intro without any judgements.

Great comparison there @Wali Dahot.

If Wiki is ultimately exposed for being part of the cabal that actually supports Godless depravity, it would be counterproductive to condemn or judge video games. After all, a vast number of people have distracted themselves with that as well as other diversions that were loaded with (subliminal) messaging.

Epik gets condemned for enabling lawful free speech from people who choose to think for themselves rather than be told what to think. That creates real problems for organizations like Wikipedia and Snopes that were designed to control the narrative.

For those who don't know the context on Snopes:

http://www.truthwiki.org/snopes-snopes-com/

The folks at Wikimedia may think they can control the narrative but the more they try to do that, the more their bias shines through, and the more the hypocrisy of hiding behind avatars becomes a barrier to maintaining integrity when new authors are forced to contend with aggressive bans and filters.

Wikipedia's thuggery will not stand. They have overplayed their hand badly. Believe it or not, there are still presiding judges that have not been bought and paid for. Very capable counsel who know the law also know where to find them and how to get past summary judgement where Wikimedia normally prevails.

I would think that their Executive Director, Katherine Maher, would have better sense than to engage in systematic censorship. I think she grasps technology realpolitik as few others do in addition to being mighty charming and polished in her delivery:

Katherine makes a very assertive statement from around 10:00 where she describes a world where algorithmic profiling can determine whether your identity exists at all. Think that through -- if you say the wrong thing, then you get un-personed for wrong-think.

As for my own recent journey, I acknowledge that I was dropped into the deep end of the free speech movement in October 2018 when Gab became a client. I learned quickly and drew the line when 8Chan showed up uninvited, opting not to provide services when CloudFlare booted them.

At the end of the day, this concept of "hate speech" is a complex one. I believe there is a line between "speech that you hate" and "speech uttered from a position of hate". Over the last 18 months, I have become reasonably adept at discerning the difference. We enable the former but shun the latter.

It is insane that Wikipedia maintains a position that an entity is entirely defined by a single decision, e.g. in the case of Gab which completed its own evolution, in part with my help as it removed a small but vocal group of apparent misanthropes as it too navigated the bounds of free speech in the digital age.

We'll see how this plays out. I am still hopeful that cooler heads prevail though the window for demonstrating duty of care is closing fast, as the evidence mounts of malfeasance by Wikipedians in abusing editorial privilege in a way that falls outside of CDA 230 safe harbor.

Last edited:
•••
@Rob Monster

Whether the article is biased or not, threatening the editor with possible harm or inciting someone to do so is a counterproductive course, to be sure. Your efforts would be better spent to run a public relations campaign. Specifically to get authoritative media sources to publish positive reports or stories about your company. There are ways to go about it. Public outing on Np is not the ideal way. It only hurts your reputation. So far you have only used controversial matters to get media attention, which has not worked to the best interests of your company. Using the bullying tactic may work sometimes, but will not get you the results you want each time. It's about the honey versus vinegar principle.

•••
No, because it appears to be true. Supported by authoritative sources. If you can point out something untrue, let me know.

I think you mean "totalitarian sources."

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I think you mean "totalitarian sources."

If you have the “us versus them” mentality then there’s no solution.

•••
Last edited:
•••
If Wiki is ultimately exposed for being part of the cabal that actually supports Godless depravity, it would be counterproductive to condemn or judge video games. After all, a vast number of people have distracted themselves with that as well as other diversions that were loaded with (subliminal) messaging.

Epik gets condemned for enabling lawful free speech from people who choose to think for themselves rather than be told what to think. That creates real problems for organizations like Wikipedia and Snopes that were designed to control the narrative.

so just to be clear
so even I can understand it.

it's fine for us.tv to present holocaust denier videos en masse
( us.tv owned and hosted by epik / protected by Rob )

but it's not ok for wikipedia
to publish about Epik / Rob Monster supporting nazi's ?

and do I understand it correctly:
you, Rob love everybody
and pray for all of us
( please! not for me!!!)

and you are the protector of "free speech"
regardless of who says what
even if you protect criminals
you will fight for their right of "free speech"

but wikipedia reporting that
will make you utter threads?????????
against them?

Last edited:
•••
so just to be clear
so even I can understand it.

it's fine for us.tv to present holocaust denier videos en masse
( us.tv owned and hosted by epik / protected by Rob )

but it's not ok for wikipedia
to publish about Epik / Rob Monster supporting nazi's ?

and do I understand it correctly:
you, Rob love everybody
and pray for all of us
( please! not for me!!!)

and you are the protector of "free speech"
regardless of who says what
even if you protect criminals
you will fight for their right of "free speech"

but wikipedia reporting that
will make you utter threads?????????
against them?

Golan answered this;
What's wrong with Holocaust deniers now?

Being Jewish and Israeli, and one who lost more than half of my ancestor families in occupation during WW2, i don't see any problem in Holocaust deniers.

If people are idiots, how can they harm me? Just let them be. Can they convince any sane and educated and critically thinking person that Holocaust never happened? I really doubt so.

The real problem and threat to the free world are, in opposite, fighters with Holocaust deniers, all those anti defamation leagues etc etc. Because they want to shut people up, to ban free speech, and ultimately themselves are now the biggest cause of antisemitism in the modern times.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Samer

Holocaust denial is a major crime in Germany
if @golan thinks it's ok or not
doesn't really make a difference

But he himself is jewish, and didnt say ok...

Time for bed, hope i didnt take him out context;

Sorry@golan, that was the best counter heard, hope ur not mad.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back