Dynadot

Please Sign this petition to help Mr Rob Monster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There has been continuous attempts of character assassination and paid witch hunt towards Epik Registrar and Its CEO Mr Rob Montser.
I request all respected domainers all around the globe to come and play their part by signing and sharing this petition to help one of ours i.e Mr Rob Monster.

If We domainers wont stand against these corrupt practices of paid journalists, no one else will. Today its Mr Rob, tomorrow it will be you.

http://chng.it/g9mqK4Cy - Link to petition

I also request everyone to spread out the word and to share it on your respective social media timelines.

Also please raise your voice here --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:...roposal_to_change_the_lead_paragraph_for_Epik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You know some of this comes right from you? You were literally promoting your association with Gab - https://www.epik.com/blog/why-epik-welcomed-gab-com.html

It's like people forgot all these past Gab threads.

Gab is known for having a lot of hate, anti-Jewish posting.

You were on Twitter telling people if people have issues with Gab, to contact you. People thought you were one of the admins. You were active over there.

The video where you got on cam with 2 racists. I was aware of it, but it was actually you that first posted that video here at NP. You were complimenting David Duke as well.

You were trying to tap that market, sell product. So when you do that kind of stuff, what do you expect?

You made a lot of mistakes with all that stuff and I understand you're wanting to take a different course. But this is the result of your actions.
No disagreement.

However, the Wackipedia article written by Queer Molly is inadequate, riddled with inaccuracies, and clearly slanted. Furthermore, it has omitted much more than it included.

•••
No disagreement.

However, the Wackipedia article written by Queer Molly is inadequate, riddled with inaccuracies, and clearly slanted.

To be fair, yeah, it does lean negative. However, it is sourced, you can just scroll to the bottom and checked the references. They quote him, they link to sources etc.

•••
I don't think a woman should be harrassed because of the clothing she wears. Do you?

The whole Gab thing was wrong in my opinion, but illegal it was not. I don't think Epik should be harrassed because of what it wore that day.

I don't think "What did you think would happen" is a fair question.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think a woman should be raped because of the clothing she wears. Do you?

The whole Gab thing was wrong in my opinion, but illegal it was not. I don't think Epik should be raped because of what it wore that day.

I don't really get that analogy at all.

Should a business be judged by the people they do business with, while happily promoting that connection? Yes.

Brad

•••

Should a business be judged by the people they do business with, while happily promoting that connection? Yes.

Brad
Okay I changed it to harrassed for the faint of heart.

•••

Brad
If you believe that, then why isn't more written on other companies. The point is, Queer Molly picked up on the Epik action and ran with it like a reporter instead of capturing the essence of what Wikipedia is all about.

Her article should have been about something other than Epik. She seemed fixated on Neo-Nazi, etc.

I think Queer Molly just wanted to get Epik. Of course, that my opinion. Her writing clearly conveys it.

Even @JB Lions got the feel of a negative slant. I don't know why you can't admit that. It's as clear as your monitor in front of you. :)

•••
(Sorry to repeat this post, I wasn't sure which thread to put it on. Please remove if this is not allowed.)

Hello. There is a lot of misinformation (and simple misunderstanding) here around my activities on Wikipedia, and while I have invited anyone who has questions to engage with me either on Twitter or on Wikipedia (links available elsewhere in this thread—I am not allowed to include links in my posts on this site without upgrading my account) there haven't been many takers. I was hesitant to create an account here because I am not a member of the domaining industry and did not want to seem like I was barging in on Mr. Monster's community, nor do I want to escalate things with Mr. Monster. However after being invited here by a few people and seeing repeated confusion I decided to create an account. I do thank those of you who did reach out to me for clarification—I believe strongly in open, good-faith dialogue.

I have been quite taken aback to find all these threads about me on a website I am not a part of, and am saddened to see that the thread linking to the Change.org petition full of lies about me has remained up. I have published a clarifying statement on that petition here, which I invite you all to read. I have just tweeted out the link and if someone who is able to post links could link it here directly, I would appreciate it. I have tried to explain things as clearly as I can.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy in this pandemic.

Yours,
Molly

•••
Welcome to Nampros Molly!

You will find very bright minds here.

•••
Welcome to Nampros Molly!

You will find very bright minds here.
So can we discuss your wikipedia article? I have no bias against you or Epik. I am a fan of Wikipedia and have written there in years past.

However, you can probably read this thread to get an understanding of why I think you need to reopen that article and re-write it. It could be so much better.

Last edited:
•••
(Sorry to repeat this post, I wasn't sure which thread to put it on. Please remove if this is not allowed.)

Hello. There is a lot of misinformation (and simple misunderstanding) here around my activities on Wikipedia, and while I have invited anyone who has questions to engage with me either on Twitter or on Wikipedia (links available elsewhere in this thread—I am not allowed to include links in my posts on this site without upgrading my account) there haven't been many takers. I was hesitant to create an account here because I am not a member of the domaining industry and did not want to seem like I was barging in on Mr. Monster's community, nor do I want to escalate things with Mr. Monster. However after being invited here by a few people and seeing repeated confusion I decided to create an account. I do thank those of you who did reach out to me for clarification—I believe strongly in open, good-faith dialogue.

I have been quite taken aback to find all these threads about me on a website I am not a part of, and am saddened to see that the thread linking to the Change.org petition full of lies about me has remained up. I have published a clarifying statement on that petition here, which I invite you all to read. I have just tweeted out the link and if someone who is able to post links could link it here directly, I would appreciate it. I have tried to explain things as clearly as I can.

Yours,
Molly
You are already blocking ppl on Wikipedia who stands against your biased reporting madam

•••

Yours,
Molly
Hello and welcome Molly!

Thanks for coming.

I just want to state that I disagree with what you have stated about Epik on Wikipedia.

Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that Epik is "known" for anything?

•••
So can we discuss your wikipedia article? I have no bias against you or Epik. I am a fan of Wikipedia and have written there in years past.

However, you can probably read this thread to get an understanding of why I think you need to reopen that article and re-write it. It could be so much better.

It is not my Wikipedia article, though I am one of the people who actively edits it. I prefer to discuss the content of Wikipedia articles on their article talk pages, so that many Wikipedians may weigh in on the suggested edits, not just me. However if you are not comfortable creating an account there I will try to answer the questions I can.

•••
You are already blocking ppl on Wikipedia who stands against your biased reporting madam

Please read the linked post. I have shown evidence that this is not true.

•••
It is not my Wikipedia article, though I am one of the people who actively edits it. I prefer to discuss the content of Wikipedia articles on their article talk pages, so that many Wikipedians may weigh in on the suggested edits, not just me. However if you are not comfortable creating an account there I will try to answer the questions I can.
Thank you for that. I am familiar with your status at Wikipedia.

So, wouldn't you agree that Wikipedia's goal is to provide as complete and thorough information as possible?

It appears that that particular article presents a very narrow picture of the company. It appears focused on topics that are highly sensitive.

Last edited:
•••

Are you going to apologize to @Molly White for the name calling and disparaging comments?

•••
Are you going to apologize to @Molly White for the name calling and disparaging comments?
Which? If Molly requests an apology for something, I will absolutely take a look and apologize if deemed inaccurate or otherwise.

•••
Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that Epik is "known" for anything?

Yes, that statement is based on the fact that its links with the far right make up the vast majority of mainstream reporting on the company. As one commenter (username "Britishfinance") pointed out on the talk page today, that is well-supported by sources including Forbes ("Far-right linked firms Epik...") and Vice ("As a registrar, Epik plays an important role in the online infrastructure necessary to keep far right extremists online, including those that advocate violence"), which actually state the connection more severely than the Wikipedia article. Sorry, I am stymied a bit by not being able to link to any of these things, but look at the Epik talk page and ctrl-F "britishfinance" to find it.

•••
Yes, that statement is based on the fact that its links with the far right make up the vast majority of mainstream reporting on the company. As one commenter (username "Britishfinance") pointed out on the talk page today, that is well-supported by sources including Forbes ("Far-right linked firms Epik...") and Vice ("As a registrar, Epik plays an important role in the online infrastructure necessary to keep far right extremists online, including those that advocate violence"), which actually state the connection more severely than the Wikipedia article. Sorry, I am stymied a bit by not being able to link to any of these things, but look at the Epik talk page and ctrl-F "britishfinance" to find it.
I see. Well, by contrast, please take a look at this... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoDaddy

or this.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter
or this... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google

Should those pages be edited and should the opening paragraphs be similar to the one here..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epik_(domain_registrar)

Last edited:
•••
You see @Molly White , this discussion has been about what some (including myself) see as a failure on the part of Wikipedia.

Wikipedia will be diminished if individual editors write freely instead of innocuously.

Last edited:
•••
I think Queer Molly just wanted to get Epik.
the Wackipedia article written by Queer Molly is inadequate

How many times are you going to refer to her as Queer Molly?

Do you want me to refer to you as [insert word here] + [insert your first name here]?

If adding queer is necessary to your argument, than get to it. Opposed to doubling down on what some might see as irrelevant, or even antagonistic, if you don't provide a reason for judging, or referring to Molly as such.

#wearenotgab

Last edited:
•••
I did not write the Wikipedia article on GoDaddy. If you think there is reporting that is missing from that article, I strongly encourage you to suggest it on the talk page. However I will say that the overwhelming majority of coverage of Epik in mainstream news is to do with the far-right associations—that is not true of GoDaddy, Twitter, Google, etc. That is why their controversial actions are not as prominent in those articles—though I will note that critical coverage of all of those companies is included on Wikipedia.

Apologies again, I am trying to reply to your comments in a timely fashion but I am now running into rate limits.

•••
How many times are you going to refer to her as Queer Molly?

Do you want me to refer to you as [insert word here] + [insert your first name here]?

If adding queer is necessary to your argument, than get to it. Opposed to doubling down on what some might see as irrelevant, or even antagonistic, if you don't provide a reason for judging, or referring to Molly as such.
How many times will brad ask what is factually incorrect?

•••
Which? If Molly requests an apology for something, I will absolutely take a look and apologize if deemed inaccurate or otherwise.

I'm not going to repeat them. I'm not necessarily referring to anything inaccurate, since I don't have the facts. But you certainly posted in deeming terms to lower her.

•••
I did not write the Wikipedia article on GoDaddy. If you think there is reporting that is missing from that article, I strongly encourage you to suggest it on the talk page. However I will say that the overwhelming majority of coverage of Epik in mainstream news is to do with the far-right associations—that is not true of GoDaddy, Twitter, Google, etc. That is why their controversial actions are not as prominent in those articles—though I will note that critical coverage of all of those companies is included on Wikipedia.

Apologies again, I am trying to reply to your comments in a timely fashion but I am now running into rate limits.
You see Molly, words like "overwhelming" are subjective.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back