IT.COM

Please Sign this petition to help Mr Rob Monster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There has been continuous attempts of character assassination and paid witch hunt towards Epik Registrar and Its CEO Mr Rob Montser.
I request all respected domainers all around the globe to come and play their part by signing and sharing this petition to help one of ours i.e Mr Rob Monster.

If We domainers wont stand against these corrupt practices of paid journalists, no one else will. Today its Mr Rob, tomorrow it will be you.

http://chng.it/g9mqK4Cy - Link to petition

I also request everyone to spread out the word and to share it on your respective social media timelines.

Also please raise your voice here --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:...roposal_to_change_the_lead_paragraph_for_Epik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I can guarantee that Molly's resume does not begin with. "I'm Queer. I've been with this many whatever... I stole something when I was 10... I once used the N word..."

You feel me.

That's how she wrote Epik's resume. Completely wrong.

Last edited:
•••
I can guarantee that Molly's resume does not begin with. "I'm Queer. I've been with this many... I stole something when I was 10..."

You feel me.

In fairness, I don't really want to be discussing personal things about some random person that are not relevant to the discussion, but I will point out on twitter it says -

Tech lead • software engineer • Wikipedian (User:GorillaWarfare) • queer • feminist • she/her

So there are far more things listed than just that.

Brad

•••
In fairness, I don't really want to be discussing personal things that are not relevant to the discussion, but I will point out on twitter it says -

Tech lead • software engineer • Wikipedian (User:GorillaWarfare) • queer • feminist • she/her

So there are far more things listed than just that.

Brad
I read it on her wikipedia bio. She is obviously a proud Queer. I can respect that. I am sure she was caught up in the whole Gab thing and thought she was doing the right thing. She was wrong.

In retrospect, I bet she probably wishes she hadn't written it the way she did.

•••
This Wikipedia editor is unfairly labeling and defining an organization, with no supporting documentation.

Regardless of political views, either right or left, this type of behavior, by the Wikipedia editor, should be highly discouraged. This behavior leads to a society where misinformation is the largest nemesis.

•••
This Wikipedia editor is unfairly labeling and defining an organization, with no supporting documentation.

Regardless of political views, either right or left, this type of behavior, by the Wikipedia editor, should be highly discouraged. This behavior leads to a society where misinformation is the largest nemesis.

Again, what is factually untrue? There are multiple citations listed.
Which specific one is not credible?

Specifics please.

Brad

•••
Again, what is factually untrue? There are multiple citations listed.
Which specific one is not credible?

Specifics please.

Brad
Why is is wrong to call a fat person fat?

•••
Why is is wrong to call a fat person fat?

So are you then conceding that the Wikipedia article is factually true, but you just have an issue with how it is framed?

Brad

•••
So are you then conceding that the Wikipedia article is factually true, but you just have an issue with how it is framed?

Brad
No, of course not. The article is factually incorrect.

•••
known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications. Inaccurate

The company touts itself - Inaccurate

Epik has a history of not responding to reports of illegal activity - Inaccurate/Unsupported

Pharmaceutical watchdog website LegitScript reported in 2018 that they had alerted Epik to the sale of illegal drugs and counterfeit medications - Unsupported/Unsubstantiated.

Epik received media attention in early November 2018 for registering Gab - Untrue/Unsupported (Epik didn't register anything)

Epik is also known for registering other websites with far-right content - Again inaccurate and really just plain stupid

I could go on....that's just the first few lines.

Last edited:
•••
•••
known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications. Inaccurate

This is known to be true even from NP threads.

The company touts itself - Inaccurate

Yes, they do tout themselves.

Epik has a history of not responding to reports of illegal activity - Inaccurate/Unsupported

I do not have first hand knowledge of this. So can't say either way.

Pharmaceutical watchdog website LegitScript reported in 2018 that they had alerted Epik to the sale of illegal drugs and counterfeit medications - Unsupported/Unsubstantiated.

https://safemedsonline.org/wp-conte...the-Dark-Web-LegitScript-June-2018-Report.pdf

Epik received media attention in early November 2018 for registering Gab - Untrue/Unsupported (Epik didn't register anything)

Semantics. Gab was transferred to Epik. Same thing.

Do go on...

•••
Wikipedia - "Epik is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web hosting company[1] known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications."

Again, what is factually untrue?

How can they state Epik is "known" for providing services to the mentioned groups. They are not known for this. Suggesting they are "known" to be supportive of the mentioned groups is completely false and inaccurate, at best.

•••
Wikipedia - "Epik is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web hosting company[1] known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content as well as those that sell illegal drugs and counterfeit medications."

How can they state Epik is "known" for providing services to the mentioned groups. They are not known for this. Suggesting they are "known" to be supportive of the mentioned groups is completely false and inaccurate, at best.

The opening paragraph is the dealbreaker above all, because you get this on Google:

upload_2020-4-18_12-52-41.png

When the article was amended briefly, it was not that way. So, the correlation with Google is instant.

It is fine to have a balanced discussion of the controversy but the synopsis is weaponized.

•••
Hey, @barybadrinath

Did you threaten Molly White to show up at her house as she claims? What were you thinking of doing to her?

Last edited:
•••
This is known to be true even from NP threads.

Yes, they do tout themselves.

I do not have first hand knowledge of this. So can't say either way.

https://safemedsonline.org/wp-conte...the-Dark-Web-LegitScript-June-2018-Report.pdf

Semantics. Gab was transferred to Epik. Same thing.

Do go on...
Semantics? Perhaps to you. I have decided the entire article is full of semantic errors. Her omissions are glaring. Her lack of research provided a very weak article. Using basic semantics...It sucks.

•••
•••

Outside the domain world pretty much no one has heard of Epik as a company.

I would say Rob's real rise to prominence came after the Huffington Post article about Gab, then his tweet suggesting the New Zealand shooting was a hoax, then hosting and sharing the video went viral.

I think that is largely what they are known for outside the domain world.

Brad

•••
•••

I would say Rob's real rise to prominence came after the Huffington Post article about Gab, then his tweet suggesting the New Zealand shooting was a hoax, then hosting and sharing the video went viral.

Brad
Well, I can't speak for the outside world. I don't think you can either.

We're speaking of Queer Molly's writing.

•••

Brad

That and the bullying culture that @Rob Monster has created around Epik is quite sickening, tbh.

•••
Well, I can't speak for the outside world. I don't think you can either.

We're speaking of Corrupt Molly's writing.

I am going to call her Factually Accurate Molly instead.

Brad

•••
That and the bullying culture that @Rob Monster has created around Epik is quite sickening, tbh.
I can't speak to that. Also, I am not defending any company or person. I am focused on what in my opinion is one of the worst Wikipedia articles I have ever seen.

•••
I am going to call her Factually Accurate Molly instead.

Brad
LOL...I call her only what she calls herself. I don't make things up.

•••
The opening paragraph is the dealbreaker above all, because you get this on Google:

Show attachment 151575

When the article was amended briefly, it was not that way. So, the correlation with Google is instant.

It is fine to have a balanced discussion of the controversy but the synopsis is weaponized.

You know some of this comes right from you? You were literally promoting your association with Gab - https://www.epik.com/blog/why-epik-welcomed-gab-com.html

It's like people forgot all these past Gab threads.

Gab is known for having a lot of hate, anti-Jewish posting.

You were on Twitter telling people if people have issues with Gab, to contact you. People thought you were one of the admins. You were active over there.

The video where you got on cam with 2 racists. I was aware of it, but it was actually you that first posted that video here at NP. You were complimenting David Duke as well.

You were trying to tap that market, sell product. So when you do that kind of stuff, what do you expect?

You made a lot of mistakes with all that stuff and I understand you're wanting to take a different course. But this is the result of your actions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back