Dynadot

Please Sign this petition to help Mr Rob Monster

Spaceship
Watch
There has been continuous attempts of character assassination and paid witch hunt towards Epik Registrar and Its CEO Mr Rob Montser.
I request all respected domainers all around the globe to come and play their part by signing and sharing this petition to help one of ours i.e Mr Rob Monster.

If We domainers wont stand against these corrupt practices of paid journalists, no one else will. Today its Mr Rob, tomorrow it will be you.

http://chng.it/g9mqK4Cy - Link to petition

I also request everyone to spread out the word and to share it on your respective social media timelines.

Also please raise your voice here --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:...roposal_to_change_the_lead_paragraph_for_Epik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Epik is not Google or GoDaddy (as much as Rob would like to think so). They have many articles in authoritative sources written about them.

Where's the opinion? Those statements are backed up.
Molly wrote a considerably narrow piece that does not do justice to the depth of Epik. I say Epik, but this could be about any company.

•••
Molly used terms that clearly indicate her displeasure with Epik. Her use of words like "tout". Her statements like "Epik has a history of not responding to reports of illegal activity on the websites they register"

What the hell?

•••
We should not be questioning NP, we should be questioning Wikipedia. Since when did Wikipedia start allowing shot nosed brats to post this type of crap. Sorry, but when companies are investing real money in growth and other areas, no kid with limited experience should have the ability to post such things.

•••
What Molly did was try to become a sleuth of sorts. From my reading, she took on a roll of some kind of reporter, versus providing unbiased, well-rounded, balanced information. Far too much spin.

•••
so your condoning someone who is attacking a woman's reputation that works for an organisation that you are in disagreement with?

Your business is your business deal with it - do not go down this Donald Trump path.......

It is not a question of gender, race, ethnicity, etc.. This is a concerned citizen who has taken issue with an obstinate editor who is abusing the Wikipedia brand for some private agenda. Related Tweet exchange:

Free speech is definitely at work here.

Molly is entitled to abuse her editorial position defending her article as her sacred property. And the Netizens of the world have the right to challenge that decision. And they are.

Read this thread:

In one thread she declares that all of the following are insignificant:

- Raymond Hackney
- TLD Investors
- NamePros

Wikipedia is not functioning as a platform. Wikipedia is showing editorial privilege and serving as judge, jury and executioner. You can be sure that this stance is not protected under CDA 230.

•••
Free speech is definitely at work here.

Molly is entitled to abuse her editorial position defending her article as her sacred property. And the Netizens of the world have the right to challenge that decision. And they are.

Threats are not protected by free speech. Are you alright with what was said by barybadrinath to her, on your behalf?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is entirely possible that their resolve will cost them dearly before everything is said and done. If they were wise, they would choose an easier target to defame.

@Rob Monster

It's not defamatory if it is true. Point out anything said that is untrue on Wikipedia. If such is the case, why don't you use legal action?

This is bullying tactic that you are using because you know you have no legal grounds and you know what is said is true. And you are encouraging your minions to follow your lead.

•••
I have read the entire wikipedia article and looked into Molly a bit.

Let me ask? Would it be proper to post about Molly's sexuality which she identifies as "Queer"?
When Molly meets someone, say on a job, is the first thing she says "I'm Queer"?

What she has written about Epik is the same as a bio about Molly focused on her being Queer.

Not about her entire life, not about her accomplishments, but all about her being Queer.

Queer is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities who are not heterosexual or are not cisgender. Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar", queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, queer activists, such as the members of Queer Nation, began to reclaim the word as a deliberately provocative and politically radical alternative to the more assimilationist branches of the LGBT community.[1][2]

Last edited:
•••
I have read the entire wikipedia article and looked into Molly a bit.

Let me ask? Would it be proper to post about Molly's sexuality which she identifies as "Queer"?
When Molly meets someone, say on a job, is the first thing she says "I'm Queer"?

Queer is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities who are not heterosexual or are not cisgender. Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar", queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, queer activists, such as the members of Queer Nation, began to reclaim the word as a deliberately provocative and politically radical alternative to the more assimilationist branches of the LGBT community.[1][2]

She can identify however she wants. Why is that relevant to anything being discussed here?

Brad

•••
She can identify however she wants. Why is that relevant to anything being discussed here?

Brad
Because, I think she would agree that she is about more than being Queer. You feel me?

Epik is about much more than she wrote. She was unfair. It would be unfair to only judge her for being queer.

•••
Because, I think she would agree that she is about more than being Queer. You feel me?

I am sure she is, just like every person is complex and about more than one thing.

I just don't think that is really pertinent to the ongoing discussion.

Brad

•••
In one thread she declares that all of the following are insignificant:

- Raymond Hackney
- TLD Investors
- NamePros

It is true that these sources are not on the same level as Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Vice, etc. At least not yet. Your poll on NP could have been easily manipulated. Yet you scream about it from the rooftops.

•••
I am sure she is, just like every person is complex and about more than one thing.

I just don't think that is really pertinent to the ongoing discussion.

Brad
It absolutely is. Molly painted a picture. She should not have.

•••
I will say that the title of this thread should have said Queer instead of Corrupt. Maybe both.

•••
•••
It is true that these sources are not on the same level as Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Vice, etc. At least not yet. Your poll on NP could have been easily manipulated. Yet you scream about it from the rooftops.

Epik only won with the support of their employee votes. I am sure if that fact was listed on Wikipedia Rob would have the same issue, even though it is objectively true.

I have yet to see what is factually not true. You don't like the way it is framed, fine, but that doesn't make it factually untrue.

This is the downside of doing business with shady groups pushing fringe things.
It is largely the reason Rob is known. Far more than for his actual business, outside the domain world.

Brad

•••
Epik only won with the support of their employee votes. I am sure if that fact was listed on Wikipedia Rob would have the same issue, even though it is objectively true.

I have yet to see what is factually not true. You don't like the way it is framed, fine, but that doesn't make it factually untrue.

It is largely the reason Rob is known. Far more than for his actual business, outside the domain world.

Brad
Now that, IMO, is not pertinent.

•••
Now that, IMO, is not pertinent.

You are talking about someone's sexual orientation. That is not relevant to the discussion.

I am talking about Rob's issue with Wikipedia. That is relevant to the discussion.

Brad

•••

Brad
Look, we could parse every word of her contribution but the fact is, it paints a distorted picture.

Molly should not be immune from criticism, nor should her post be immune from serious correction.

•••
You are talking about someone's sexual orientation. That is not relevant to the discussion.

I am talking about Rob's issue with Wikipedia. That is relevant to the discussion.

Brad
No, this thread is a "Please Sign this petition against Corrupt Ms Molly White to help Mr Rob Monster".

•••

Brad
I'm not talking about her sexual orientation. I'm quoting her.

I have a problem with all the Molly's of the world. She is in no position to write that article. IMO.

•••
No, this thread is a "Please Sign this petition against Corrupt Ms Molly White to help Mr Rob Monster".

Which is about Wikipedia.

Brad

•••
Which is about Wikipedia.

Brad
Wikipedia does not write. Molly did.

With all the heat NP moderators take here, I would think you would see the connection. Molly is wikipedia for this discussion. IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back