IT.COM

advice Please remove your domains from afternic ( Before listing at auctions )

NameSilo
Watch

Hireinternet

Top Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I bought domains from nameliquidate auctions but seller did not remove from afternic. This is not the first time i purchased 100+ domains from nameliquidate auctions but everytime i have to send emails to afternic for adding names to the account. Afternic is lazy but domainers too. If you are a domainer please remove domain from afternic before listing and stop wasting our time.

Dan listing: Failed
Afternic: Already Listed

I have sent emails to both. Now Waiting for their reply.

Best Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler, any way to do this without making it a process?

@DanSanchez anyway to check if afternic list before listing NL

@Rob Monster, where are you, i miss you : )

Samer

Last edited:
•••
In afternic case, many conflicts do appear as the RESULT of domain appearing on pre-release registar-powered auctions, most notably nameliquidate, namesilo, dynadot. Also, if one listed his domain for sale on such a venue (especially with BIN) but did not list it on afternic - somebody else will. And, it would have MakeOffer setup, which would be promptly distributed to all the afternic network. What for? Sort of frontrunning. Since afternic does not bother to verify ownership, the problem is growing (and will be growing), until ownership verification is implemented.

How did I find this? Well, once I decided not to renew a specific set of domains. Removed them from all marketplaces, including afternic. Listed dynadot- and namesilo- regged domains on their marketplaces with liquidation prices, $69 or so - low BIN, instant transfer, "take it or leave it". After some time, changed my mind and renewed a few domains which were either not yet expired or had grace period. Tried to add them to afternic again. Ops, I cannot. Domains already listed! All with makeoffer...

Lesson learned: I do my best not to remove domains from afternic before expiration... even if I have no intention to renew. Domain expired and not in grace period anymore - only then I remove it from afternic. Of course, such domains will still appear on afternic after Pre-Release registrar-powered channel shows them. Frontrunning is a serious industry problem ;-()

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000 last thing afternic needs is godaddy tedious ownership verification please don't give them any ideas :o

i never have trouble listing my names sedo and afternic usually reply within a day or two on the other hand dan takes few hours to reply and add the names to my portfolio

•••
Hello Everyone,

I bought domains from nameliquidate auctions but seller did not remove from afternic. This is not the first time i purchased 100+ domains from nameliquidate auctions but everytime i have to send emails to afternic for adding names to the account. Afternic is lazy but domainers too. If you are a domainer please remove domain from afternic before listing and stop wasting our time.

Dan listing: Failed
Afternic: Already Listed

I have sent emails to both. Now Waiting for their reply.

Best Regards

so afternic is lazy but domainers shouldn't be?

I think u got it the other way around

•••
I just find that a domain (kkccc.om) that I get in 2019-07-11, was listed by a member of afternic in 2020.
https://www.afternic.com/yepdomain

@Joe Styler I think you should ban these account that list other people's domains.

•••
so afternic is lazy but domainers shouldn't be?

I think u got it the other way around
Here is another story,
I purchased domain here after finalize deal, i said please remove domain from afternic he said he did not listed at afternic. But when i forced him to double check he said removed now ;) we are lazy after getting our funds. Nobody cares of anyone. #Happy Domaining. My point is please remove if you are listing domain at auction. Save our time and yours too :)

regards

•••
I just find that a domain (kkccc.om) that I get in 2019-07-11, was listed by a member of afternic in 2020.
https://www.afternic.com/yepdomain

@Joe Styler I think you should ban these account that list other people's domains.

nobody will ban anybody. cause 99perxent of those names are listed by prev owners.

its platform responsibility to remove them. or offer text or other ownership verification.

•••
Here is another story,
I purchased domain here after finalize deal, i said please remove domain from afternic he said he did not listed at afternic. But when i forced him to double check he said removed now ;) we are lazy after getting our funds. Nobody cares of anyone. #Happy Domaining. My point is please remove if you are listing domain at auction. Save our time and yours too :)

regards

do add domains 50 at a time..then quickly scroll down to submit before failed starts to show

not sure if this will list failed ones on yer accnt but at least u wont waste yer time clicking delete failed ones.

otherwise yet post is useless because we all know domainers wont delete them because of it. its true and we all know it.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you have owned these domains a while now and are getting frustraited either that it was just other day and you're easily triggered.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you have owned these domains a while now and are getting frustraited either that it was just other day and you're easily triggered.
I said i purchased 100+ domains- everytime same situation not only today domains and i know seller will not remove because many domains are in pending.

•••
do add domains 50 at a time..then quickly scroll down to submit before failed starts to show

not sure if this will list failed ones on yer accnt but at least u wont waste yer time clicking delete failed ones.

otherwise yet post is useless because we all know domainers wont delete them because of it. its true and we all know it.
I do not think its useless - atleast marketplaces should do something.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back