IT.COM

advice Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I deleted the domain from my dynadot account (it was always in the grace delete period) that I registered 3 days ago. Today I decided to register again that name with godaddy service but there i see that domain is still registered. But when I try to register again with some other services (namesilo, enom ...), they says it's free.

When that domain will be free to register at the godaddy service?

Thanks in advance :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GD is not a good place to check domain availability in real time and reliably. If you don't want to miss the name I would use another registrar.

•••
Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to register this domain on godaddy, or it is best for me to register at another registrar

•••
It might be held until end of grace or the registrar might hold the name.
Then there's back ordering. Im not an expert but thats my opinion! ;)
So either check in a country registrar (not a big co), or a deal via google or check whois.

•••
I don't see why you deleted a domain at Dynadot to begin with. You wouldn't normally get a refund so late in the month. Because they work on a system of refund quotas/month. You could have held onto the domain for 60 days and transferred it to GoDaddy. As others have said GoDaddy's whois isn't always correct. To be sure you would need to register again at a register which says it is fee, like Dynadot :) And then transfer it to GoDaddy after 60 days. Which you could have done at Dynadot. Otherwise just wait until GoDaddy's whois says it is free to register. But you of course could run the gauntlet that somebody else might register it somewhere other than GoDaddy.

•••
Oh within 72 hours you can refund not after. And if you liked it then a mistake to delete it. I think its available after 48rs or similar.

•••
I don't see why you deleted a domain at Dynadot to begin with. You wouldn't normally get a refund so late in the month. Because they work on a system of refund quotas/month. You could have held onto the domain for 60 days and transferred it to GoDaddy. As others have said GoDaddy's whois isn't always correct. To be sure you would need to register again at a register which says it is fee, like Dynadot :) And then transfer it to GoDaddy after 60 days. Which you could have done at Dynadot. Otherwise just wait until GoDaddy's whois says it is free to register. But you of course could run the gauntlet that somebody else might register it somewhere other than GoDaddy.

Because my buyer wants domain at another registrar and does not want to open an account at dynadot.com
I do not want to wait 60 days for sale.

•••
It might show up in go daddy in a few hours?

•••
Because my buyer wants domain at another registrar and does not want to open an account at dynadot.com
I do not want to wait 60 days for sale.

Well you are going to have a problem then. Every registrar will block a transfer for the first 60 days. It's ICANN Policy. So your only option now is to wait until it shows free at GoDaddy, with all the potential risks that entails.

•••
Well you are going to have a problem then. Every registrar will block a transfer for the first 60 days. It's ICANN Policy. So your only option now is to wait until it shows free at GoDaddy, with all the potential risks that entails.

But the domain is free for registration at other registrars, so it confuses me the same situation is not on the goddady

•••
But the domain is free for registration at other registrars, so it confuses me the same situation is not on the goddady

Perhaps they prefer to utilize their own lookup services than to rely on somebody else's lookup services ;)

•••
so you sold the name to a buyer. and instead of transferring it or having him open an account, you took the risk of deleting the name - hoping the buyer or some else doesn't pick it up in the meantime?

•••
Back