Domain Empire

domain Please help me to appraise wholesale price for the set of 22 com geos - starts with BONNOTSMILL(com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Helmuts

DomainSummit.comRestricted (15-30%)
Impact
Good morning,

I have 22 exact match .com USA geo names and would really appreciate your opinions on the wholesale price tag the whole list could have.

Originally it was an experiment of mine to create a portfolio of geo names in following way:
1) US geos
2) only .com names
3) the places should have at least 1000 people living there

I have put up a Google sheet with main data (names, possible leads, related links and some other data):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oj24Ku7bSw_PWqijHh6KUGU2bwdnjmfQoNEnreeK3KI/edit?usp=sharing

screenshot:
usgeos.png

The plan is to list the whole set on ebay with a buy-it now price.. maybe around $1400?

Have you got experience with similar lists/processes?

Thank you for your opinions and thoughts,
Helmuts

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, your names are the type that would be research heavy for assessment. People that appraise for free don't have the time to do 22 of them.

So I just grabbed the middle one and quickly looked at it.

lower peach tree dot com

The wiki gives signs of why you were able to get this domain:

1 unincorporated community

2 The wiki doesnt even state a population.

3 "As of 2010, only the post office, a country store, and a historic United Methodist Church are actively used."

4 "There are many dilapidated buildings"

5 1980 the last time USGA made a detailed report of LPT

A huge red flag is that lowerpeachtree.ORG is available to register. LPT main topic of interest it's history, yet no one wants to have the org for a history site?

And finally this name was regged and parked continuously from 2006-2013 (full 13 year) and the owner gave up on the domain.

#xx good luck.

•••
3) the places should have at least 1000 people living there

That should have been 100,000 at least really. 1000 is so small there are no major attractions (usually), no major hotels, or restaurants, etc. This means there is no commercial reason to own the town name. There is no real internet traffic to drive visitors to a specific site (hotel, restaurant etc).

How long have you had them?
Where have you listed them?
Have you had any offers?

•••
well, I'm not really after an exact estimate.. just a thought.. more an opinion.

I have had a single email about Conestee (from the park) and that's it (they are just sitting in my godaddy account, individually put up for sale there as well and collecting dust).

Yes, some might say: "Hey, population of 1000 isn't really anything! bla, bla, bla..." and I can't really agree to that.

This means there is no commercial reason to own the town name.

I tend to think that owning the town name is more an ego thing (even for the guy who owns and offers Chicago.com emails) and there will be always at least 2 guys in every town with an ego of Napoleon :)

anyway, great day to you all,
Helmuts

p.s. I'm thinking to keep them.. will let this experiment run a bit longer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back