Dynadot

.mobi Please explain about .Mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One thing I dont understand. How do you guys get a .Mobi registered now already when I read that only pre-registrations are being taken now and that the registry opens to general registrations on 11 October. I want to reg a .mobi now but it is only possible to pre-reg as this is a Landrush phase. But yet on Sedo .MOBI names are being put up for sale already.
???????????????????
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can buy them immediately at godaddy @$60.On Oct 11 the price will drop.

•••
I have just registered two memorable NNNN.mobi's at moniker- the landrush has begun and at most registrars you can now freely register .mobi's.

•••
But this is what it says at Godaddy about .MOBI
Landrush ends 10 October
General registration begins on 11 October
" * Landrush Registrations do not guarantee that the name will be purchased. GoDaddy.com will notify you if your request was not fullfilled.
* Fees are 100% refundable if a domain is not obtained.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Fred, follow this link and choose the .mobi extension from the drop down menu.
You can complete your purchase even if you do get a message about 11 oct. Complete the purchase process and your domain will be immediately registered.

•••
•••
•••
I think your reading this statement the wrong way. It essentially states that just because you are getting in during the landrush, you are not guaranteed to get the name, because someone else may have regged it already. I am sure that a similar statement with be added once the general reg period begins.

binaryman said:
But this is what it says at Godaddy about .MOBI
Landrush ends 10 October General registration begins on 11 October
" * Landrush Registrations do not guarantee that the name will be purchased. GoDaddy.com will notify you if your request was not fullfilled.
* Fees are 100% refundable if a domain is not obtained.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back