NameSilo

discuss Please can some school me on .Website gtld

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
Why are .websites worthless? it is a generic tld which can rank in serp like any other tld but yet no one uses?
is it only the reg fee of $30? That doesn't seem that high to me if you have over 1,000,000 exact match searches a month? Can anyone shed some light on this for me, cause I am obviously missing something.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had few numeric 🔢 .website domains and I sold them during numeric domain rush during 2016.

•••
And even those pretty much suck as names/brands. They just don't look right IMO.

It doesn't have to be a brand just target the exact type in.

•••
Why are .websites worthless? it is a generic tld which can rank in serp like any other tld but yet no one uses?
is it only the reg fee of $30? That doesn't seem that high to me if you have over 1,000,000 exact match searches a month? Can anyone shed some light on this for me, cause I am obviously missing something.

personally I think dot website, dot site, are not that bad!:xf.grin: because sometime I use dot site or dot website to build pbn, i.e my personal preferance!

but if we talk about biz, investing, domain buy and sell, trading or whatever! never use your own personal preference! because market don't care to what we likes! and if you want to make money! try to likes what market want! :xf.grin:

just like Big Boss always said! "don't think, just do it!:xf.cool:

but if you wanna be "Wright brothers" go a head, be my guess!:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
in seo language, why choose short tail keywords , because obviously, long tail keywords are much much more easier! unless you have big budget to spend, its up to you:xf.grin:, ATM, people don't know about .website dot site and etc! maybe they know, but majority, they only know dot com! :xf.grin:

simple question, which you will choose, Toyota, Honda, or Jialing ? ( I bet you never heard about Jialing):xf.grin:
obviously, 9 years old kids, will choose Honda or toyota! :xf.grin: Correct me If I am wrong:xf.smile:

•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATI
Why is everything the top or the highest with you?
But back to the topic .website if every other gtld is taken like for example "loans" If you had loans.website what would it be worth? $0? Not worth regging?
I am asking all this obviously because I registered some .websites with 1,000,000 exact search monthly
:ROFL: i bet he's a stoner

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back