domain Please appraise SpecificLearningDisability.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
It is a special education exceptionality. It is probably the largest exceptionality. You have probably hear of Autism, which technically has been removed as an exceptionality . . . The fastest growing exceptionality, I believe is OtherHealthImpairment which if you don't mind appraising OtherHealthImpairment.com that would be awesome. SLD and OHI were already taken;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's ReallyTooLong.com! lol

Seriously though .. it's rather long .. plus I'd think that if someone were creating a site about a "specific" disability, they would want that specific one named or referred to in some way in the URL.

That being said .. I don't know the field at all .. so if it is a specific term that actually represents something (not just a group of things) then it could have a bit of value .. but then I'd go back to my first comment in that's it's seriously long.

I'm thinking little to no value .. but you've proven us wrong with your sales so far .. so who knows ... lol .. i'll just wish you good luck with them! :)

•••
It is long!! Here are a few of the more prominent special education classifications:
Autism
Other Health Impairment
Specific Learning Disability
Emotional Behavior Disorder
Speech is usually a tertiary exceptionality. But not always.
Mild Intellectual Disabbilities
Moderate Intellectual Disabilities

The word specific is kinda funny. Specific learning disabilities speak to a processing deficit. Audio or auditory perhaps? It could affect short term memory for example. Could be seeing letters backwards. Like a lot of different possibilities. The idea though is it is a specific deficit. Maybe math calculation, and so math calculation may be a struggle but that should not impact writing an essay. But if you have a reading comprehension problem that could affect your math calculation.

Lol confusing isn't it?

So the two names are categories. And other health impairment is even broader then SLD. If I have ADHD I could be serviced under ohi. If you are hit by a car and have a tramautic brain injury you would be serviced under OHI.

I'm sure that was
More than you wanted.

Thank you for your feedback at any rate :)

•••
Hi @Want2learn Are you still registering? I thought you were going to put the brakes on for a while ;)
You have hundreds of names - it must be costing you a small fortune! Why not list potential names in a text file on your desktop? Then you can look at them for a while and think about which are really good and which are mediocre. I reckon if you have to explain why you think a name is good then it probably isn't.

•••
Hi @Want2learn Are you still registering? I thought you were going to put the brakes on for a while ;)
You have hundreds of names - it must be costing you a small fortune! Why not list potential names in a text file on your desktop? Then you can look at them for a while and think about which are really good and which are mediocre. I reckon if you have to explain why you think a name is good then it probably isn't.
I have sloooooowed waaaaaay down!! So I've tapped the brakes hard, but didn't slam them;)

For people familiar with special education they would not have required my explanation.

I do have a spreadsheet with my domains on them!! And believe me, I am trying to sell them. I am going to be a domaining mad man this summer working on organization and outreach. Not buying:)

•••
its actually has some value -- that value is NEGATIVE -9.99 (or however you spent) in the reseller market.

•••
•••
•••
Is this domain commercially viable ?

•••
the domain itself is valid
a good keyword domain

the problem I see is
I can't imagine it doing well in parking

and I don't see a guy with deep pockets
wanting this domain

•••
taking viable keyword combo's and adding vague, non-descriptive terms as prefixes, is not a method for constructing a domain with appeal.

imo...

•••
10 year of experience in domaining.

Listen, I mean this sincerely. I can take whatever criticism you give. There is absolutely no problem with that. When I ask for an opinion and feedback and you tell me negative ten dollars every time, well it is not helpful. When I ask you what you are basing your opinion on, the fact that you have 10 years experience is great! It is awesome. That experience, when shared with your feedback, is super helpful. I mean that sincerely. Simply telling me it is based on 10 years experience does not help.You can look at all of my previous posts or none of them! I can say when I ask for feedback and the feedback I get is constructive regardless of what it is, I try and use it positively. I will often dialogue with the person because I want to learn!

If you tell me negative 10 every single time and based on 10 years experience, the means I will have to make some bad domain purchases, which I have, and essentially go through a cycle of do I renew or let expire, which I will! And then when I reach 10 years experience I will also then have knowledge and experience because I learned the hard way. As an aside regardless of what you think of my domains, I can say that there has been learning and pogress. I owe that learning and progress to people on the forum that share their experiences with me, but they do so in a constructive manner.

So please do all of us a favor, continue to opine in my requests. Seriously, I do not want you to stop opining. I simply would like feedback to go with it. Otherwise I am not learning like I could be!

Best regards

•••
taking viable keyword combo's and adding vague, non-descriptive terms as prefixes, is not a method for constructing a domain with appeal.

imo...
Thank you for your feedback. I do think this comment is meant for another domain? Specific Learning Disability is a category. You could shorten it by saying learning disability, but if you read any literature or federal/state statutes it most certainly says specific learning disability. So nothing here is added!

•••
specific learning disability is incomplete, if and when that specific disability is not mentioned.

imo....

•••
specific learning disability is incomplete, if and when that specific disability is not mentioned.

imo....

It isn't incomplete. Specific Learning Disability is an exceptionality. Think of it this way . . .

One of your neighbors' kids is Autistic. And new neighbor moves in that has a child that is also Autistic. One of the kids has an IQ of 150, and comes across like Rain Man (Aspergers). The other child is bright cognitively, but does not speak. This leads the child to outburst and temper Tantrums.

They are both Autistic, but they are not really a whole lot alike. There is a spectrum with Autism.

Same thing with Specific Learning Disability. People can have a SLD, but it looks different from person to person. I promise, I may not know much about domains, but this I know:)

•••
in general, you can say one has a "learning disability", without being specific, about the nature of it.

however, if you don't mention which learning disability they have, then how do we know it's autism?

since autism is a "specific" disability that may prevent learning, then in the context of conversation or documentation, that specific disability must be stated, to communicate effectively, why the individual is not learning or progressing.

imo...

•••
in general, you can say one has a "learning disability", without being specific, about the nature of it.

however, if you don't mention which learning disability they have, then how do we know it's autism?

since autism is a "specific" disability that may prevent learning, then in the context of conversation or documentation, that specific disability must be stated, to communicate effectively, why the individual is not learning or progressing.

imo...

Thank you for your feedback. Yes you can say someone has a learning disability, absolutely.

Autism is not a specific learning disability. Autism by very essence and nature is communicative!

You are not understanding what I am explaining! Maybe I shouldn't be a teacher . . .

Maybe this will help:

There are 13 categories of special education as defined by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). In order to qualify for special education, the IEP team must determine that a child has one of the following:

• Autism
  • Blindness
  • Deafness
  • Emotional Disturbance
  • Hearing Impairment
  • Intellectual Disability
  • Multiple Disabilities
  • Orthopedic Impairment
  • Other Health Impaired
  • Specific Learning Disability
  • Speech or Language Impairment
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Visual Impairment

•••
@biggie I am kind of LOL internally because what I think you will say next is this . . .

I get what you mean now when you say Specific Learning Disability is a category . . . it would be better in dot org:)

•••
@Want2learn Thanks for thinking about this issue! Couldn't ask for better name, please sell at a reasonable price. Trainer will appreciate having your domain name!

Thank you!

•••
@Want2learn Thanks for thinking about this issue! Couldn't ask for better name, please sell at a reasonable price. Trainer will appreciate having your domain name!

Thank you!
Thank you. I am a special education teacher, so this topic is dear to me!

•••
You remind me a lot of myself when I started out, with all the pigeon s*** I picked up. I admire your passion so I think that is why I keep writing these posts in the hope they will help you.

Please pay attention to the advice I have given you in previous threads. Here is what you need to do for a while, STOP registering. Please stop and really think about the domains you are picking up.

Why is it you keep adding on to your hundreds of existing domains? That business model of hoarding hundreds if not thousands of domains takes an awful lot of experience and know how to do right. I personally know people in that game, they have tens of thousands of domains, and you know what, they make profit. But they have been doing this for a very long time. You are doing it all wrong, with poor choices.

It appears you have spent $xxxx on registrations alone. Now, stop and think for a moment, you could've picked up a few really nice .com's on the aftermarket or through private acquisition using that money. That is why you need to stop, read and learn more, build up an investment pot again and let any crap you have expire. Once you have enough to invest again please feel free to ask for my opinion before you buy any domains.

You DO NOT need a really big portfolio to make money in this game, if that is your aim. Quality > quantity.

Just a reminder of what I have said in previous posts:

I personally think it is silly of you to say "I'll take luck". Domaining shouldn't be a gamble. Do you know why? Because gamblers will always lose in the end. A good domainer needs to have a healthy balance in their portfolio and only a small percentage of that should ever be speculative names whereby your liquid domains can cover the costs of the others.

When registering or buying a domain name DO NOT think "maybe one person or company somewhere in the world will want this", because that is a very risky way to consider investing in domains. You want to look at a domain name and think "there really could be a LOT of people interested in buying this one day", because only demand provides value.

Please pay attention so you save yourself money.

•••
@biggie I am kind of LOL internally because what I think you will say next is this . . .

I get what you mean now when you say Specific Learning Disability is a category . . . it would be better in dot org:)

better in plural

ie: specificlearningdisabilities

•••
always think of who is your customer
will they spend "what ?"
if they really want it

how much can they afford?

are there better options for them
cheaper ?

its not worth to have a domain
when the answer is below $1000 USD

•••
always think of who is your customer
will they spend "what ?"
if they really want it

how much can they afford?

are there better options for them
cheaper ?

its not worth to have a domain
when the answer is below $1000 USD

Thank you for the feedback! This is a good process to think about before buying a domain. I will add that I don't have a need to only deal with domains worth XXXX. For me at this point, domaining was a hobby to supplement teacher pay. For me buying a domain at $100, and selling it later for $300 is perfectly fine by me. If this is how you make your living, I can certainly appreciate a desire to avoid domains that are a waste of your time.

We have different goals and strategies in mind. And don't get me wrong, I tutor in addition to teaching. With one company I make $50 for 45 minute sessions. With the other company I make $20 for 60 minute sessions. With the $20 company I could tutor 8 hours a day. $160! With the other company I can tutor about 2 students a day. In this situation, I only tutor for the $50/45 minute company. I make less money, but I have more time to do what I want. I essentially have to work more than 3x as much with the lesser pay co! I think your model is probably focused more like that. You are after bigger fish.

I have too many domains, and am working to reduce inventory, believe me! I have regd a few lately, but most of these have been regd for a little while! Maybe one day I will be in a spot to deal with XXXX domains only!!

•••
I will add that I don't have a need to only deal with domains worth XXXX.

sorry if I was unexact

thats not for me or you

if its not worth $1000 USD
it can not compensate your total cost

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back