Not open for further replies.

Stankodomains

Established Member
Impact
thank you for your time and comments.
Stankodomains

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. I hate to break it to you, but it looks like you just wasted a lot of money. Quickly skimming over the list, I'm not really seeing much of value. You can't just go and randomly hand register dozens of domains and expect them to be worth something. I would highly recommend you take some time to learn and do some research before spending any more money.

•••
Agreed. Take your time and read topics, that is the only way to learn.

•••
Thanks for your responses.

•••
Dear Sirs,
Please take a look at my domains and state your thoughts, from appraising to potential sales venues and some criticism is also welcome.
All the domains are .Com
All were hand registered at around $10
Here is my logic before the acquisition:
I started with budget in mind and registered about hundred domains.
I had potential of development in mind for some of them.
I invested in Miami domains ( where my business Network is )
I looked for some brandable and rare domains ( gut feeling )
I picked some on the strength and CPC of the keywords.

The imperative is to develop/sell and learn along the way and build a system that works, before investing thousands for single domains. Development would be anywhere from a landing page to a full referral/affiliate/sales site.
My background is engineering and arts, I work as a commercial photographer with knowledge of graphic design. I have a.large stock library of images to use.
Here are some of the domains, thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments:

Miamirun
Miamicarsale
Gmiami
Washmiami
BusinessinsuranceMiami
MiamiPalmtrees
TaxiMiamibeach
Miamicamping
FlaMiami
ZenMiami

CarwashUS
AffiliatesChannel
ActionSkates
Baycarrentals
BigShippers
CoconutoilExpert
DatacenterFlorida
LosangelesPlants
Indianatruckinsurance
Jumboroofing
Ocalahealthinsurance
PrivatePokerdealer
Sightsstock
SmartBeekeeper
ListDrone
BellyRemove

Pizzazle
HotIpa
Zstockphoto
HisBelt
HerBelt
WebcamK
BeerXyz
ABCDvitamin
ShirtLA
ArtBeards
TixList
WaxList

RozRoza
Soysu
HipAv
StartOv
TripSkye
Dfail

I would really like your opinions on

uuueu
Law2b

Again thank you for your time and comments.
Stankodomains

The one that stood out to me was SmartBeekeeper, if only for the fact that I had recently read about new tech being introduced to beehives to monitor temp, humidity etc, maybe you could find a beehive monitoring startup needing a name.

•••
•••
Hey bro, seems like you wasted some hard earned money there. If I were you at this moment, I'd instantly stop hand regging and devote some time to this forum, at least 1 to 2 hrs a day (if you're working; more if you're free). That's the actual required investment at this time. You need to learn the basics of war at least, before you go on a war. Go through the Domain name sales threads here and analyze the data there. Try to find some connection in those sales; why something sold for less and why some for more. Also, read the domain name discussions. See what the experts say and why. There are other sites like namebio, shortnames etc. that has mines of past sales that you can exploit.

Once you learn the basics, you can rather start picking names here on Namepros, than handregging. Some might appear a bit costly but they're worth it, believe me. Somebody invested on them in the past and now releasing them at premium. Also, don't daydream to handregg the "best" name for $10 and make millions out of it. There are thousands of domain investors who've already snatched all the good names, not just single words but up-to 4 or 5-word names like, VeryCheapWebHosting[dot]Com.

The names you've handregged sound good, appear good to you but who'd buy them from you and build businesses on them? Resellers are not going to do that. They already have their pockets full. No need to stuff unless it's that unique, saleable name with good returns. You'd have to find the endusers to sell them and that's the hardest part. If you've the zeal, idea and additional fund then you can actually set up a marketing team and start full time on it. :xf.grin::xf.wink:

So, that's my 2 cents about my experience with domaining. GL.

Edit: I added some links here for your reference:
http://onlinedomain.com/2016/12/19/domain-name-news/much-mike-mann-making-domain-names-per-year/
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2007/06/01/100050989/

Last edited:
•••
Awesome, thanks for the advice

•••
I can give you some tips to save your money:

1), Get a spread sheet, list as many domains as you like to register

2), wait a few days, cool down yourself, and come back to check the list again, see if any names you still love

3), finalize the name list. every name has to have a strong reason (for yourself) to register. You can ignore other "experts" suggestions- b/c they may not be able to see what you see. Trust yourself. If you failed to make money finally, you pay your lectures.

4), After your finalized list, dont register. Wait to see if any registrar offer extremely cheap price, for example, domain.com/dotster.com/mydomain.com/netfirms.com usually offer $1.99 to register a name.

Think about it. Compare $10.99, you saved a lot, both cost, and further risk.

Especially when you not sure how risky it is, choose to find a cheaper registrar. This is the key.

Some day you probably can still sell the garbage names that you hand registered to some others at $3 or 5 dollar

nothing to lose.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back