Dynadot

Dropcatch without auction with pheenix or park.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
Has anyone ever been able to catch a domain directly into their account without it going to an auction, with either pheenix.com or park.io ? I have read somewhere in the forum earlier that pheenix may assign at least one fake/bot bidder against to pump up your catch price. I have personally tried pheenix for a month and my doubts only got stronger.

How about park.io, because I personally have not tried it yet. Please share your experience with above mentioned services.

PS - I am a big fan of Dropcatch because I know for sure that they will give you the domain if there is no one else bidding against you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't backordered any name for the last two months, so I have no experience for those two months, before that time though, yes, I had names that went straight to my account on any BO service including pheenix (although I have never BOed with Park.io)

Maybe, you're going after really high sought names?
Note also that Pheenix have cheaper BO fees than dropcatch so you'll see many more people using that service compared to other more expensive BO services.

•••
@Hypersot, thanks for your input. It is a great relief to hear that backorders you did with pheenix ended up directly into your account ( probably not all but still this is good news for me ). Looks like I will need to revive my account with them again. This time around I will test it extensively for at least three months.

Maybe, you're going after really high sought names?
Not really actually. It is comparatively a bit cheaper alternative for average domains, so it is totally possible that others are doing the same as me.
------------------------------------------------

Anyone else, can you please share your experience with park.io, on whether you have been able to get a domain directly into your account ever ? TIA.

Last edited:
•••
I have clients using pheenix, some of them report me about a very high doubt about "fake bidder", some are not.
Maybe pheenix is playing with some accounts to see if they earn more with a fake bidder, if they do they continue to play... if not (the real bidder dont over bid the fake one) they stop...

To me the way is to NOT order with every company making public auctions if they catch a name, to avoid developping extra compete in the type of domains you'll order in the future...

Last edited:
•••
My experience is similar. Most everything caught at Pheenix goes to auction.

•••
@momentum thanks for sharing your experience.
I intend to perform a thorough test on these dropcatchers.
Nonetheless, I have been staying away from phoenix these days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back