IT.COM

Pheenix Auctions offering possibility to list numerical, short or one word domains

NameSilo
Watch

Bram C.

AlmightyDomains.com + HeroForYou.comTop Member
Impact
I just received the following email from Pheenix:

It’s been a whiles since you’ve heard from us. As you have noticed, we have been making great improvements to Pheenix.

1. We have now made 2 Factor Verification – OPTIONAL. When we first introduced the new feature, we made it a requirement for users during the TRANSFER OUT, LOGIN, and REGISTRATION. This is a great feature to have to protect your account. However, we understand that some customers prefer not to use this feature. Therefore we have now made it optional. Should you wish to have this feature turned on for your account, please email [email protected] .
  2. Ability to TRANSFER IN domains. You now also have the ability to TRANSFER IN domains to our system.
  3. Ability to SELL domains. If you have numerical, short, or single keyword domain names, we may be able to list them in our auction. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
Thanks for being a great customer and we’ll have more exciting news coming very soon.

Tan Tran
CEO Pheenix, Inc.

I like the fact that Pheenix is more and more starting to look like a real registrar, since they are allowing transfer ins now, instead of merely a backordering service. And it seems that they are starting a real domain marketplace on top of that which is great news in my opinion. I sent an email to Pheenix for clarifications about how the marketplace will work and this is what they responded:

Bram,

Thanks for your interest in selling domains on our platform.

If you would like to sell your domain names on Pheenix, these would be the steps:

1. You will need to become a Pheenix Verified Member.

As a Pheenix Verified member, you enjoy a trusted status with trusted features.

a. Ability to PUSH domain names to other Pheenix accounts immediately after you purchase a domain name.
b. Ability to Sell domain names on our platform.

In order to become a Pheenix Verified member, we conduct a series of checks. Once you pass the checks, you will begin enjoying the benefits immediately.
In order to begin the checks, you’ll need a smartphone.

2. Send us a list of domain names you wish to SELL.

At the moment, we are only accepting domains that fall into any of the 3 categories:

Numerics
Short
Single Keyword

If your domain(s) are selected, they will be listed in our ‘Hot Auctions’ section for a 3-day public auction. For domain names that do not qualify for listing in ‘Hot Auctions’ we will have an option that we will launch soon.

3. Transfer In the domain names to Pheenix. The cost will be $9.99/domain for com/net.

a. You would need to unlock your domains and get the authcode.
b. Use our ‘Transfers > Transfer In’ tab to transfer your domains into Pheenix. You can use the ‘Transfer In Status’ tab to monitor your Transfers.

4. Once they are in your account, please let us know and we can confirm the auction schedule with you.

5. If a reserve price is suggested, we will have a ‘Default’ bidder place a proxy bid up to the reserve price.

6. Once the auction is over, you will receive payment credited to your account within a few hours after the auction is over…in most cases. (Unless there is suspicious activities which we would investigate.)

a. Our commission is 15% of the final bid price.
If you would like to get started, please do the following:

Let’s get started
————————-
Using your smartphone, please take a photo of your government id (such as a driver’s license or passport). Once done, please submit to us.
Please make sure not to alter the photo in anyway or you would fail the check.

Hope this helps and have a great day! We hope to make a lot of money for you.

Warm Regards,

Your Friends at Pheenix

I like their idea of launching a domain marketplace where you can list your own domain inventory (though personally not a big fan of being forced to transfer my domains to pheenix prior to being able to list them). You can also read more about this on my blog.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also got this email from them, and thank you for posting the clarifying followup!

I think i could try to send them some of my domains, although the need of transfer domains to them disappoints me a bit (although i understand it's their warranty) and also i need to wait two months after a domain reg before listing it there. But i'm quite optimistic, i saw how some of their auctions got picked up to crazy numbers.

•••
I read these comments about it on onlinedomain.com/2016/05/21/domain-name-news/pheenix-com/
Scott Boyles
Do not submit your names to Pheenix! I paid the transfer fee’s, and they stole my money and never put my names in auction after agreed doing do. After numerous phone calls and emails, Tan the CEO will not get back to me, nor will refund my money. Again, don’t deal with these guys, they will ripped you off. Going to file a report with the authorities regard this. You guys been warned. I been in this industry since 1998, and this Tan guy is the worst of the worst.
James
Your are not only one sir. They are not good at all. We had same experiences…
A
Tan was very concerned about the launch of the auction system and requested we sign an NDA. Never seen or heard anything like this in the industry regarding auctioning names. After all is said and done, we agreed to move forward for a test set of names to auction without an NDA. We went to start the transfer and funds have been already pulled from our account. He discussed that the system was still not ready to run a few hours later and cancelled the transfer. He mentioned he voided the charges, but they are still not showing up as refunded. Contacted him via email multiple times and phone calls. No response. There have been other threads on other forums talking about Pheenix’s business practices, so please be careful.
James
Pheenix.com is the worse domain selling platform. We had very bad experiences with them.
They can steal your domains and your money. They did before many times.
Dont rely on them.

•••
I read these comments about it on onlinedomain.com/2016/05/21/domain-name-news/pheenix-com/

Yes I read those comments as well. My personal experience with Pheenix in the past was ok. Not great, not bad.

•••
I just got an email from Pheenix that my domain has been scheduled for an auction. Two days left. We'll see how it goes.

•••
I sold my domain name at Pheenix yesterday. Absolutely good experience. Fast scheduling for auction and good email support service from the site. The staff were very helpful. No hidden fee. Fast payment to my PayPal account. I will list more domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back