NameSilo

Pheenix billing errors...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nikul Sanghvi

hypernames.coVIP Member
Impact
Thought this would be useful to share:

I transferred a couple of domains out of Pheenix back in April (to Uniregistry).

Pheenix recently sent me a renewal notice for these domains. They couldn't complete the transaction because my payment method had expired, but the email says 'your domains will be removed from your account' if I don't pay.

I logged into Pheenix, and sure enough, the domains are still showing in my account. I also logged into Uniregistry and I can see the domains there too. The whois records show Uniregistry as the registrar.

I raised a support ticket with Pheenix about four days ago, but despite it being auto-assigned 'critical' status, I have not heard back from them.

No doubt it's just a glitch in the system, and fortunately I didn't have a payment method that they could charge. I've never experienced this error at any other registrar after outbound transfers, so hoping it's a one-off rather than a common occurrence.

However, it did make me wonder if any other Pheenix customers are still being billed for domains that have been transferred away. If you're managing hundreds or thousands of domains, something like this can be easily overlooked.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pheenix is a real mess - I was unable to get a response from support for many days and had to contact the owner on LinkedIn to get an issue resolved. It's really too bad, they used to be great before DropCatch.com crushed them.

•••
I saw this at 1&1 all the time. Well i was a rookie and didn't know they suck, but when i realized it i transferred all my domains out, but they tried to charge me for some of those domains even 2 and 3 years later.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back