Dynadot

Pheenix domains being moved to Encirca

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just received this, which is not pleasant at all. Years ago I used encirca and it sucked. Not sure whether they have improved or not. Anyone familiar with them at this time?

Welcome to EnCirca!

EnCirca (www.encirca.com) was selected by ICANN to manage the bulk transfer of domain names from 49 Pheenix-related registrars recently terminated by ICANN. EnCirca was founded in 2001 and is based outside of Boston, Massachusetts USA.

Here is what to expect as we transfer over your domain names from Pheenix to EnCirca:

Next week the account owner will receive a second Welcome email from EnCirca with their account details.

The new EnCirca account will be based on the “true” email in the Registrant or Admin Whois contact that existed at the Pheenix registrar. If you were previously using a Whois privacy service at Pheenix, please note that this service is not carried over to EnCirca and the underlying data will be displayed in the Whois instead.

You will also receive a “verification” email as part of the new account creation process asking you to review and correct any inaccurate Whois data. You must update any inaccurate data and acknowledge this email or you may lose access to your domains.

It may take some time before you have the ability to make updates to some of your domains, due to the large number of Registrars involved in this bulk transfer. We appreciate your patience while we work through this process.

We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial business relationship!

Thank you,
EnCirca Support
[email protected]
www.encirca.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I assume the registration process happens when one registers a domain with them.. it's the same with other registrars (eg. domain.com if I'm not mistaken).

I totally dislike that practice tbh.

They let me create a ticket with no possibility for me to read the ticket or any of it's replies. Go figure.

•••
They let me create a ticket with no possibility for me to read the ticket or any of it's replies. Go figure.

I got their reply to my ticket in my emailbox.
I keep contacting them by replying to that ticket via email if that helps.

•••
I got their reply to my ticket in my emailbox.
I keep contacting them by replying to that ticket via email if that helps.

All that did for me was create another ticket :(

•••
Just an update to the issue I have with the domain transfers out of encirca

It's been two weeks now and I still haven't been able to get a proper code out of them since they seem to provide the wrong format for the auth codes.

I even forwarded them an email response I got from the central registry which clearly states that the auth codes they provide are wrong but they don't seem to understand.

There have been some changes in how the codes should be generated a few months back but it appears that encirca haven't kept up with those changes and that's where the transfer gets stuck.

meanwhile, domain expiration is approaching fast :/

•••
I too have been doing the rounds of Pheenix/Encirca/ICANN. Encirca refer me to Pheenix. They provide me the wrong code, I go back to Encirca who tell me to go back to Pheenix. who don't even bother to reply. So I got fed up with this run around, sent and got an eMail back from ICANN. As soon as I've collected the mountain of information they require. I will be sending it to Pheenix AND Encirca.

The strange thing was. It was only 2 domains, and after 1 or 2 wrong codes. They actually sent me the correct auth code for the other domain.

I just got another Auth Code for the 1 remaining domain from Pheenix. Guess what. It didn't work. :(

Last edited:
•••
OK. It was the 5th or 6th time of asking Pheenix before they sent me the correct Auth Code. Each time I copied the incorrect auth code and included it to prove they had provided me with the wrong auth code. But I eventually got one that worked. If it hadn't worked I was going to ask them for the head of the department to deal with this problem personally and failing that I was going to report them to ICANN for failing (refusal) to provide me with a correct auth code. You might try that if you are already sick and tired of all the unco-operatoin and BS.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back