IT.COM

Pheenix domains being moved to Encirca

NameSilo
Watch
Just received this, which is not pleasant at all. Years ago I used encirca and it sucked. Not sure whether they have improved or not. Anyone familiar with them at this time?

Welcome to EnCirca!

EnCirca (www.encirca.com) was selected by ICANN to manage the bulk transfer of domain names from 49 Pheenix-related registrars recently terminated by ICANN. EnCirca was founded in 2001 and is based outside of Boston, Massachusetts USA.

Here is what to expect as we transfer over your domain names from Pheenix to EnCirca:

Next week the account owner will receive a second Welcome email from EnCirca with their account details.

The new EnCirca account will be based on the β€œtrue” email in the Registrant or Admin Whois contact that existed at the Pheenix registrar. If you were previously using a Whois privacy service at Pheenix, please note that this service is not carried over to EnCirca and the underlying data will be displayed in the Whois instead.

You will also receive a β€œverification” email as part of the new account creation process asking you to review and correct any inaccurate Whois data. You must update any inaccurate data and acknowledge this email or you may lose access to your domains.

It may take some time before you have the ability to make updates to some of your domains, due to the large number of Registrars involved in this bulk transfer. We appreciate your patience while we work through this process.

We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial business relationship!

Thank you,
EnCirca Support
[email protected]
www.encirca.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only had two domains which moved but Encirca's menu is difficult to navigate. It seems you have to reset password every time you want to log in and any menu option you select also asks for login credentials. I did manage to renew one expiring domain but cannot determine how to change nameservers or get auth codes or anything else. As a result I decided to transfer two of my few remaining Pheenix domains to Godaddy. One other will have to wait a month or so before it is eligible for transfer.

•••
Discovered an even worse issue with this encirca/pheenix handoff. I had about 15 of 30 names dumped into a new Encirca account, but then noticed there were names missing from my Pheenix account, that were not in my new Encirca account.

It turns out after talking to Encirca's Customer service, they somehow bungled up the transfer, and now lost in the Encirca abyss, not associated with anyone's account

Now they want proof of ownership (I guess reciepts from Pheenix?) and proof of ID to get back into my account.

HUGE WTF

CC: @encirca @gorilla_bob
Image%202018-06-27%20at%209.19.32%20AM.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
Discovered an even worse issue with this encirca/pheenix handoff. I had about 15 of 30 names dumped into a new Encirca account, but then noticed there were names missing from my Pheenix account, that were not in my new Encirca account.

It turns out after talking to Encirca's Customer service, they somehow bungled up the transfer, and now lost in the Encirca abyss, not associated with anyone's account

Now they want proof of ownership (I guess reciepts from Pheenix?) and proof of ID to get back into my account.

HUGE WTF

CC: @encirca @gorilla_bob
Image%202018-06-27%20at%209.19.32%20AM.png

Stay vigilant. It took me several weeks to get my 2 names that were in the abyss back, but it's possible! I even missed a sale in that time.

•••
My 332 domains have been moved to encirca from Pheenix.

First they said, you could transfer out on july 18th. Its there in their FAQ's
https://helpdesk.encirca.com/portal/kb/articles/pheenix-customer-faqs#When_can_I_transfer_my_domains

Now they are saying Aug12 th. It seems encirca is very fishy. May be they just wanted to hold domains for ransom.

Anyone facing the issue on outbound transfers?

Yikes, I missed a sale because of this move, and was about to contact the buyer to let them know the domain is available to transfer out now (because of the date they originally gave me - july 18th - like you said). Should i assume that I will have a delay as well? Any way to test this?

•••
Yikes, I missed a sale because of this move, and was about to contact the buyer to let them know the domain is available to transfer out now (because of the date they originally gave me - july 18th - like you said). Should i assume that I will have a delay as well? Any way to test this?

Is there no way for them to manually override the lock?

•••
I've been back and forth with them and ICANN on this, as I would like to transfer my domains away from them as well. They refuse to remove the 60 day transfer lock and state that it is due to ICANNs policy. However, I spoke to ICANN who stated that it's on the Registrars Discretion.

See below on my reply from them.

Thank you for your email. As stated before, ICANN does not have the authority to remove the 60-day lock. Please refer to the Transfer Policy, specifically Section 3.7 that lists the reasons when the registrar of record may deny a transfer request, including under Section 3.7.6 for any domain names within 60 days (or a lesser period to be determined) after being transferred. Please note this is not a requirement and is done at the discretion of the registrar. Please see https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en .

•••
Encirca is not at all listening. They just simply sat on our domains. what would they gain any advantage by holding our domains?

•••
•••
Encirca is not at all listening. They just simply sat on our domains. what would they gain any advantage by holding our domains?

Probably just beefing up their portfolio of registered domains.

•••
I just unlocked my domain, and I'm starting the transfer out process now. Good bye CrapCirca (ENCIRCA). Now we wait for the 5 day transfer process.

21b.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I just unlocked my domain, and I'm starting the transfer out process now. Good bye CrapCirca (ENCIRCA). Now we wait for the 5 day transfer process.

21b.jpg

Transfer successful. Now to close my EnCirca account!!! :)

•••

Currently having a terrible time trying to transfer out my domains so if you could help on this I'd be grateful:

To unlock a domain, I click on the domain itself, then click on 'modify' and then I see this:
upload_2018-9-2_20-28-17.png

Switching the unlocked to 'Yes' and clicking 'save' does not change the status in the 'manage domains' section, ie. domain still shows the unlocked status as 'N':
upload_2018-9-2_20-30-17.png

How did you overcome that problem? ..or is the status being shown wrong and domain is in fact unlocked?

thanks

•••
You should set a new auth code for that domain before unlocking it. It should include aA1@ all.

•••
You should set a new auth code for that domain before unlocking it. It should include aA1@ all.

I did include an authcode but it was just alphanumeric. Thanks for pointing that out. Will try now and see what happens.

edit: Unfortunately it didn't work.
Domain still shows as 'unlocked:N' and transfer will fail :/
In case it's the auth code that causes the problem, I used this: U%yH7R7gz^GV . Any idea if it's of the correct format?

Last edited:
•••
I did include an authcode but it was just alphanumeric. Thanks for pointing that out. Will try now and see what happens.

In case it's the auth code that causes the problem, I used this: U%yH7R7gz^GV . Any idea if it's of the correct format?

I just followed this, which allowed me to unlock the domain. It took a little bit of time to changed the status as unlocked though. If I remember correctly, it took about an hour or so.

I also created a new authcode.

http://www.encirca.com/html/unlocking.shtml

Last edited:
•••

It should be 16 char long as well. Sorry about not mentioning that.

•••
It should be 16 char long as well. Sorry about not mentioning that.

That's correct (although I still have no idea how someone can know this detail).

Still, after numerous tries and fails, it seems that the issue is on the receiving registrar (Epik) :xf.rolleyes:
I'm currently waiting a response from their tech team.

@domaindmz.com
On my side, domain never shows as unlocked but I think it is. It seems that the problem now is on the authorisation code and not that domain is not unlocked.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, I don'tlike Encirca also.
Especially with their codes and authcodes, etc....
I won a domain in an auction or bought a domain from somebody but it resulted
in lots of difficulties. I still have the domain there, but it's the only one.
I don't know how to get out of it.

Last edited:
•••
Don't Encirca have a twitter or facebook account? Or are there just hundreds of people with the same questions and no answers?

•••
@domaindmz.com
On my side, domain never shows as unlocked but I think it is. It seems that the problem now is on the authorisation code and not that domain is not unlocked.

Does the whois show the domain in an OK status? I would reach out to the Encirca team to help you transfer the domain.

•••
Does the whois show the domain in an OK status? I would reach out to the Encirca team to help you transfer the domain.

Please provide a link please.

•••

Support told me about the need of 16 chars in the auth code and verified that the code I have set is correct.

The transfer has stopped at Epik. I'm still waiting to hear from their tech department.

Epik always had issues with domain transfers from pheenix so I would assume it was encirca behind those problems back then.

I'm afraid, all I can do is wait (btw. domain does have the 'ok' status).

•••
How do you create an account at encirca with no registration box?

•••
How do you create an account at encirca with no registration box?

I assume the registration process happens when one registers a domain with them.. it's the same with other registrars (eg. domain.com if I'm not mistaken).

I totally dislike that practice tbh.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back