IT.COM

PayPal Alternatives? Need info...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dgmweb

Established Member
Impact
Hey folks,
I have had an ongoing issue with Paypal that I will not get into here; but I am done with them and looking for alternatives. I also have Square and Escrow, so that's 2 options, but besides my searches and research I am also looking for any insight and your personal experiences or opinions with other services.

I'm also placing all my current auctions/listings on hold until I settle on an option, and removing my names from any marketplace that only pays out via Paypal.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
please do not use payoneer. I am using it already but they have bad support, high fees and you can receive money just from companies, not individuals. If someone will send you money to payoneer - they will ask for a bounch of documents about what you do, why the person is sending you money etc...I have had bad expierience with them. Payoneer is a choice for you if you are a company or you do receive money from the company ONLY.

•••
Check if you can get your domains approved on NameJet. They pay via wire transfer to your local bank account.

•••
•••
please do not use payoneer. I am using it already but they have bad support, high fees and you can receive money just from companies, not individuals. If someone will send you money to payoneer - they will ask for a bounch of documents about what you do, why the person is sending you money etc...I have had bad expierience with them. Payoneer is a choice for you if you are a company or you do receive money from the company ONLY.

Hmm...accepting AS a company isn't a problem, but I also sell other digital products to end-users.

•••
•••
Bitcoin is ok if you are using coinbase. At least with coinbase you can send btc to someones coinbase email adress and also receive ( without using btc adress as the main option). In this case you can see the name of person who has sent to you the money as well as - if you are sending - they can see from which person they got it... - good for proof. If you feel - you do not need any proof and feel safe by using just wallet generated adress - well...ok. You must have a secured system on place that works with coinpayments. Many owners also after paypal limitations in email marketing indusry - are going to use coinpayments on their websites for a half of year already.

•••
Hmm...accepting AS a company isn't a problem, but I also sell other digital products to end-users.
whatewer you sell as a company - you will need to provide very detailed info about your biz online...even your facebook profile page etc proofs...to payoneer - sure - without guarantee to be approved. I suggest you to read payoneer forum to see the situation on there to decide what's better for you. From the last what I see - people who own businesses and doing with payoneer are stuck with it and without solution to get their money...payoneer holds funds for even several weeks before they get it from the customers ea...

•••
You can accept using bitcoin, or you want to accept paypal you can go for 2checkout

•••
•••
I started to use stripe and I love it

if do do not know how to set it up
use their wordpress plugin

in the source code of your wordpress
you will see how to easily implement it anywhere

its is much cheaper then paypal
and you can collect indian payments ;)

if you transfer the money into your local bank
paypal will give you incredibly bad exchange rates
stripe doesn't charge extra for that

Last edited:
•••
You can try sedo escrow or epik escrow

•••
whatewer you sell as a company - you will need to provide very detailed info about your biz online...even your facebook profile page etc proofs...to payoneer - sure - without guarantee to be approved. I suggest you to read payoneer forum to see the situation on there to decide what's better for you. From the last what I see - people who own businesses and doing with payoneer are stuck with it and without solution to get their money...payoneer holds funds for even several weeks before they get it from the customers ea...

Great info, thank you!

•••
I started to use stripe and I love it

if do do not know how to set it up
use their wordpress plugin

in the source code of your wordpress
you will see how to easily implement it anywhere

its is much cheaper then paypal
and you can collect indian payments ;)

if you transfer the money into your local bank
paypal will give you incredibly bad exchange rates
stripe doesn't charge extra for that

I do have Stripe (as well as 2Checkout and Square) but the only issue with some of the non-PP options is the 30-cent (or higher) flat fee per-transaction on top of the percentage. For my products like ebooks and software this isn't a big deal, but it practically excludes .99-cent or .69-cent music downloads.

Which has me considering just putting up all my music for free and changing fields... ;):$::!:

Anyhow, good to know lots of options for domaining!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back