Domain Empire

discuss Paying Someone Else to Sell Your Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dogmains

Established Member
Impact
So I work full time but am starting to build up quite a bit of a portfolio. I tried getting my cousin to try and help sell my names but hes just a highschooler and never really started. I know that paying up to 25% of the profit is a bit steep but the ROI is still crazy good even after fees and accounting for taxes. Do any of you pay someone to sell your domains? How did you find them and has that worked for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Identity, savings, correspondence theft of female domain investors is the harsh reality of living in India, so it is difficult to sell directly
You're saying Google India intercepts your emails and deletes?

•••
I have always considered approaching a broker but after 16 years I still have not. Honestly, I dont know which one to trust. But I may start to experiment with brokers because my inbound offers have come to a halt (read below*).

I do not do outbound for fear of getting my names labeled / reported as a spammer.

In the meantime, I sell from GD auctions, Sedo, via my parked pages at Bodis, direct via WHOIS inquiries, etc and do OK.

-----------------

* I dont mean to change the topic but I believe its somewhat relevant... If we dont use a broker then we use some venue like Sedo, Efty, Undeveloped, Afternic (to name a few), parked page inquiry forms, even landers etc to sell names. I also rely on inbound WHOIS inquiries. Well, there is something screwy going on with WHOIS data lately.... Maybe its just Go Daddy's WHOIS - I dont know. 99% of my domains are registered there.

For example, none of my .IO domains show any contact info anymore, and thus 99% of the inbound offers have stopped. I was receiving upwards of 20 offers a week across my 8 .IO domains. Now, maybe one a month. I have to attribute this to the lack of .IO WHOIS data being shown these days. It changed sometime in June 2017 and I can see from my emails that the offers basically stopped at that time. This is across 3 different registrars and I have read that its the .IO registry who is doing this. Well, they killed most of my offers.

Even some of my non .IO domains at Go Daddy are no longer showing the full WHOIS info anymore. I dont know why, I dont see much discussion on it either. But from someone who has sold a lot of names via inbound WHOIS inquiries, I can tell you that those inquiries have pretty much screeched to a halt in the past 6-12 months.

Example, if I go to https://whoisology.com/email/MYEMAILADDRESSHERE and I look at the "September 2017" archive, I see 214 domains associated with my email address. If I go to the "March 2017" archive I see 372 domains. I should still have close to that 372 number (369) today (Nov 3rd). So what happened to the 155 domains? Well, the WHOIS is no longer complete. I do not have privacy on any of my names.

Here is an example of one of my domains which is in the March 2017 archive but no longer in the September 2017 archive. When I go to look at the WHOIS, it looks like the screenshot below. It used to show my address and email, phone number, fax, etc. It is LIKE privacy was turned on but I do not have privacy on. I know some people like privacy but I like my contact info out there. I've even received phone calls and a few snail mail offers!

upload_2017-11-3_7-47-35.png

•••
It's a difficult decision - do you opt for privacy, and risk losing the whois contacts, or do you leave yourself open to spam. I've seen some sites that have a purchase bar across the top of a web page, and a link to an enquiry ticket system. I'm wondering if I should start to use that method.

•••
You're saying Google India intercepts your emails and deletes?
Google employees may not be intercepting emails and other correspondence of the domain investor in panaji, goa, however allegedly google associates and contractors may be doing so as part of the google job, money bribery deal to isolate and destroy the life of the google competitor since 2010.
For example it is well known that in panaji, goa, some well connected inexperienced young women like goan gsb frauds 2012 diploma holder siddhi mandrekar , housewife riddhi nayak, sunaina and others have got R&AW/CBI jobs only for committing corporate espionage, defaming, exploiting the google competitor, falsely claiming that these women have the impressive resume, investment of the domain investor, google competitor who had a better 1989 jee rank than google ceo sundar pichai,
In panaji, goa the google competitor is held a virtual prisoner, her emails, smses, postal, phone calls and courier mail diverted to these goan fraud intelligence, security agency employees who are operating an extortion racket, stealing whatever correspondence they wish. Local politicians are saying that it is a central government issue and only a central minister can resolve the issue of diversion of correspondence and other problems of the google competitor, a harmless private citizen.
A blue dart employee told the google competitor that the intimation slips which they are leaving at the house of the google competitor are being stolen, so that she does not receive most correspondence. Even books sent for review are often not delivered in panaji, goa. There is no way an indian citizen can end the theft of their correspondence by corrupt R&AW/CBI employees out of hatred and greed . A well connected company ceo openly boasted that they were doing the dirty work for google, yahoo, and others a few years ago

The google associates are also closely monitoring the domain investor, google competitor online and misguiding most of the potential domain buyers she is contacting on namepros and elsewhere with their false defamatory stories, making it difficult to get a fair price. So it is better to sell the domains at the namecheap, dynadot marketplace directly as the domain investor is often getting twice the price on namepros at these marketplaces and she is not directly involved .

•••
I used Uniregistry(DNS platform) for years and they charge 15% commission, HOWEVER I decided to self broker ALL my names and use EFTY, bc I think some opportunities are missed when their brokers deal with 100000s of inquiries a day.

•••
If you have good names it's a good idea. At the moment I don't have time for the outbound sale. So I have others working on selling my stuff for me. I look at it this way I would have to pay 15% at a Marketplace. So I don't have a problem dishing out 15% to someone who will sell a name by outbound.

•••
It really doesnt work to hire some one , it is only you .. You should be able to sell your domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back