IT.COM

guide Sick of Enom (Kindly Recommend someone else)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Domainers,

Need your advice please. I've owned thousands of domains in my lifetime and for the past 15 years I've been with ENOM. I started of at $6 a domain but now I feel they're taking advantage of us regular customers at $13.50 annual renewal.

I only have some 150 domains left, all premium...(yes have lost them once in the past at GoDaddy and Enom)...but luckily got them back..

anyway... what is important to me:
- reputation,
- free email forwarding,
- lowest annual renewal fee,
- Good reasonably priced @Domain emails.. (Currently using one.com and it works out at $2 per domain, with 100 mailboxes... so one company email often might have me paying a few cents per month. Still have 16 emails at Gmail business at $6 per month, but will move them over soon also..

thanks
Tomaa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems to me that you are looking for registration and hosting together. I would immediately say that is not a recommended structure, because if you fall foul of any of your hosting rules, you could be left with both your domain and webhosting trapped and locked down at your host. Whereas if they are separated, you can at least move your hosting somewhere else and simply point your domain to your new host. I'm not saying that you are going to fall foul of your current hosts, hosting rules, but something might come up beyond your control, and you are stuffed if your domain registration and hosting are both locked down. It's an age-old piece of advice. Just in case it happens to you. I see no problem with you continuing with one.com, if you are happy with them, because your hosting is at one.com and your registration is at eNom.

So what you are really asking is for recommendation for a new Registrar. Well you are going to get lots of advice. Some good, and some not so good. I've been in this business for about the same length of time as you. I've had only 3 main hosts. GoDaddy>eNom>Dynadot. If I wasn't at Dynadot today, I'd choose between Dynadot or NameSilo. Both provide cheap registrations. Dynadot you can pay $500 upfront and get .com prices at $8.75, consumable within 1 year. NameSilo charges $8.79 with 100+ domains in your account. Transferring domains as they expire, it will take some time to reach 100 domains in your account. But don't worry. It's only $8.99 for transferring 1 domain at a time. You can find cheaper than these 2 registrars. But these are quality registrars at cheap prices. Both were on my shortlist when l last transferred my domains. Dynadot #1, and NameSilo #2 out of some 50 registrar pool. I'd still choose Dynadot today. I've been very happy with them. Excellent support. Powerful Control Panel, but easy to use even if you don't need the power.

•••
I've owned thousands of domains in my lifetime and for the past 15 years I've been with ENOM. I started of at $6 a domain but now I feel they're taking advantage of us regular customers at $13.50 annual renewal.

Same here. I had to send a couple of thousand to eNom, to get the best price forever. Now I have the worst prices.

Go to:

Dynadot
Namesilo
Epik

•••
•••
I've used several registrars over the years, but now I use Name Silo for virtually all of them. I like their market place and portfolio option as well. It's just a shame that they stopped paying out for sold names in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is my preferred payment method at the moment.

•••
Hi

i moved from enom to fabulous.com, for same reason

imo...

•••
•••
Dynadot is better then others (Price) $7,99 with coupon.

Last edited:
•••
In addition to the registrars that were already mentioned, Porkbun is another one you can look into.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back