Dynadot

question Partial payment market place available?

NameSilo
Watch

Sumeeth

DomExpertTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I need small help, is there any market place available where the domain buyer can pay the amount in to 2 to 3 installments to the domain owner due to lack of funds currently without additional charges.

Also what are the different ways or places where we can sell the domain name directly to client securely avoiding commission charges?

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
is there any market place available where the domain buyer can pay the amount in to 2 to 3 installments to the domain owner

Hi,

I believe Epik, NameSilo and Undeveloped have programs that allow for installment payments on domains. (You may still have to pay a commission of some sort, however.)

As far as your question about selling domain names directly without commission charges--you might as well handle that yourself, if you're looking to avoid extra fees. A word of caution: unless you know exactly what you're doing, going that route could be extremely risky, in my opinion. Perhaps you'll get a better answer from someone else.

Good Luck!

•••
•••
@Undeveloped , can you please throw some light how undeveloped works in this context. Also share the commission amount for domain transfer and any charges for installments?

•••
Escrow.com does installments right ?

•••
Escrow.com does installments right ?
I'm not aware! What is the fee when we use escrow for domain purchase?

•••
Escrow does installments, when using the concierge service. (Domain transferred to escrow account). The fee is around 1,7 percent.

•••
Escrow does installments, when using the concierge service. (Domain transferred to escrow account). The fee is around 1,7 percent.
1.7% or 17%?

•••
1,7%. About $500 on a $29,000 transaction.

•••
1,7%. About $500 on a $29,000 transaction.
Ohk thanks! So No other charges i guess, please clarify!

Also one more doubt, how it handles partial payments like suppose buyer wants to pay price in 2 installments i.e. second payment after 2 months then if domain is already transferred after first installment and if buyer doesn't pay second installment then what about my domain which we already transferred to buyer?

•••
Contact Escrow.com. They will help you.

•••
•••
Also one more doubt, how it handles partial payments like suppose buyer wants to pay price in 2 installments i.e. second payment after 2 months then if domain is already transferred after first installment and if buyer doesn't pay second installment then what about my domain which we already transferred to buyer?

Usually, in this case, the domain is not transferred to the buyer until the end of the payment of instalments. The domain is held by the escrow agent, however the buyer can use the domain for his project, for example, to set DNS etc

•••
Usually, in this case, the domain is not transferred to the buyer until the end of the payment of instalments. The domain is held by the escrow agent, however the buyer can use the domain for his project, for example, to set DNS etc
Thanks! This helps!

•••
•••
@Undeveloped , can you please throw some light how undeveloped works in this context. Also share the commission amount for domain transfer and any charges for installments?

You can easily setup an installment transaction with us. Check out how installment works on one of our landers: https://antiwet.com

We charge a flat 9% commission on sales, including installed sales and have no additional fees in place.

The domain is only transferred to the buyer once the total purchase price is paid. If the buyer misses a payment deadline, the transaction can be cancelled and the received monthly payments are contractually turned into rental fee. The domain will also be returned to you in if this situation occurs.

Last edited:
•••
You can easily setup an installment transaction with us. Check out how installment works on one of our landers: https://antiwet.com

We charge a flat 9% commission on sales, including installed sales and have no additional fees in place.

The domain is only transferred to the buyer once the total purchase price is paid. If the buyer misses a payment deadline, the transaction can be cancelled and the received monthly payments are contractually turned into rental fee. The domain will also be returned to you in if this situation occurs.
Thanks @Undeveloped

•••
@Undeveloped , suppose I know the buyer and we want to perform sale through undeveloped. In that case, does undeveloped charges 9% charge or is there any other option with less comission where we can use it as a escrow service ?

•••
@Sumeeth At NameSilo Marketplace, buyers can make a purchase with montly installments and domain name is pushed after the first payment.

•••
@Sumeeth At NameSilo Marketplace, buyers can make a purchase with montly installments and domain name is pushed after the first payment.
What is the commission %?

Thanks

•••
It depends on the price and the payment method, but, generally %7.5

•••
@Undeveloped , suppose I know the buyer and we want to perform sale through undeveloped. In that case, does undeveloped charges 9% charge or is there any other option with less comission where we can use it as a escrow service ?

We do have an lead import feature, where you can import your own lead and we'll charge a 5% fee. However, we can't offer that due the extra features our escrow services has for installed purchases. The payment processing fees would be too high.

•••
•••
•••
@Undeveloped , the link you have given antiwet.com is the demo URL only right where we can see how it works..?

Yes, that's correct.

From first installment onwards, the buyer can use the domain right?

Indeed, we give them access to the DNS settings of the domain while keeping the domain in escrow with us.

•••
Back