Domain Empire

Parking Stats from China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rubber Duck

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
duskdawn said:
xn--zuxw4l.com, the one in my screenshot. Or I misunderstood your question?
OK, I just tried it. It gave me all english ads and links on the landing page. The format and appearance remind me of a Fabulous generic landing page. The links are generic and have nothing to do with "Coal", which is the meaning of your Chinese IDN domain, right?

Just for your information, if I type in Google.Com, I would get the Chinese version of Google (Chinese phonetic-translation meaning: Valley Song) with all Chinese characters and links. So, Google recognizes the language setting of the IE7 (beta) I was using and respond in the same langauge (Chinese), but not in the case of your domain.

But you said you use the Chinese version of WinXP, whereas I use the English version. So I guess for Dopa, the OS language version was what was used to decide on the language of the landing page display for your IDN. Just my guess, of course. Make sense?

l

•••
NP41215 said:
OK, I just tried it. It gave me all english ads and links on the landing page. The format and appearance remind me of a Fabulous generic landing page. The links are generic and have nothing to do with "Coal", which is the meaning of your Chinese IDN domain, right?

Just for your information, if I type in Google.Com, I would get the Chinese version of Google (Chinese phonetic-translation meaning: Valley Song) with all Chinese characters and links. So, Google recognizes the language setting of the IE7 (beta) I was using and respond in the same langauge (Chinese), but not in the case of your domain.

But you said you use the Chinese version of WinXP, whereas I use the English version. So I guess for Dopa, the OS language version was what was used to decide on the language of the landing page display for your IDN. Just my guess, of course. Make sense?
hmm so we find it out, the OS decides in what language the ad shows.
But I am curious about how the fabulous generic landing page look like.

•••
Alright, I skipped just about every post in this thread, but:

Those stats show you get good visitors, yes, but 64 clicks for 10 yen? That's somewhere around 10 cents. [I'm not too up on Japanese/Chinese currency, forgive me if I am wrong.]

edit: From Google: ¥ 10 = 0.0868507903 U.S. dollars

What do those first domains mean?

•••
Dan Friedman said:
but 64 clicks for 10 yen? That's somewhere around 10 cents. [I'm not too up on Japanese/Chinese currency, forgive me if I am wrong.]
No that's RMB aka Chinese Yuan not Japanese Yen, although same character 圆 with similar pronunciation and even the same symbol ¥.
You divide it by 8 to get US$, yea, I know it's still cheap but remember Chinese economy ensures a brighter future for CN¥ and it is currently underrated and already start rising from 1:8.3 to 1:8 last year..

Dan Friedman said:
The OP intentionally blocked them. :)

Last edited:
•••
duskdawn said:
No that's RMB aka Chinese Yuan not Japanese Yen, although same character ? with similar pronunciation and even the same symbol ?.
The pronunciation is similar, but the character is different.

•••
gou said:
The pronunciation is similar, but the character is different.
Ok, to be more accurate, the simplified for both coutries become different but the traditional character is the same.
So 圆->元 in China and 圆->円 in Japan.:$: :$: :$: :$: :$:
wikipedia said:
The yen is a cognate of the Chinese yuan and the Korean won, and was originally written in the same way in Kanji as the Chinese yuan (圓 pinyin: yuán, Wade-Giles: yuen). Modern Japanese writings now use the simplified shinjitai character ( 円 ) which is different from the one commonly used (as shorthand) in Chinese ( 元 ).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_yuan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_yen

•••
Dan Friedman said:
Alright, I skipped just about every post in this thread, but:

Those stats show you get good visitors, yes, but 64 clicks for 10 yen? That's somewhere around 10 cents. [I'm not too up on Japanese/Chinese currency, forgive me if I am wrong.]

edit: From Google: ¥ 10 = 0.0868507903 U.S. dollars

Welp dan , we are not sure what the domains are at the moment , every domain would serve different ads on it , There is a Bid tool for the chinese market and there are tons of terms that pay pretty decent , These stats are from less the 24 hrs lets keep this in mind (meaning even on N.D each term only pays 2 cents for the first 24 or so hours untill its fully calculated). Also Domaining is not all about Parking , this screenshots just disprooves alot of the b.s theorys that people say, "natives wont type in these names yada yada yada"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back