NameSilo

Parking Stats from China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rubber Duck

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Nice, congratulations! :tu:

JeffM2 said:
To Non IDN believers your day has arrived. ;)
If you are going to address them, you shouldn't complain about them visiting or posting in this section. You can't have it both ways, you know what I mean? :p B-)

•••
The url gets blocked from Thailand - info please.

•••
•••
I hope the ads are in Chinese in China, the pages are showing up in English in the States. Some nice idns, good luck.

•••
•••
I hope the ads are in Chinese in China, the pages are showing up in English in the States. Some nice idns, good luck.
Yes, the page shows up in Chinese if visited from within China.

Could one of our fellow Chinese IDNers post a screenshot of a Dopa parking page?

•••
namebug said:

The original interface is at Silverclicks.com and is in Chinese. They started a new interface at Dopa especially for Foriegn Clients.

Incidentally, it would seem that Snapnames had it first significant sale of a Chinese IDN yesterday. The Rumour is $1900. Probably very cheap, but a start nonetheless.

•••
Can Dopa payout to Paypal accounts? I might give them a go.

If the Snap' sale really was 字典.com (dictionary in Chinese), then the buyer got an amazing deal.

Last edited:
•••
Ben said:
Can Dopa payout to Paypal accounts? I might give them a go.

If the Snap' sale really was 字典.com (dictionary in Chinese), then the buyer got an amazing deal.

Yes Dopa does do paypal, but they really only do Chinese Domains.

Sedo cannot only not sell IDN, for reasons only beknown to themselves, they cannot for the present even do Escrow on IDN.

namebug said:

Yes, you only get Chinese Parking pages in China.

•••
History In the Making

This thread Will Go Down in History , Duck go grab you a Nice Wardrobe i suspect we will see you on the cover of DNJournal very very soon :)

OMG i just noticed we havent even Hit Critical Mass Yet , IE7 isnt even with us yet .... You may have to change your avatar to Scrooge Mcduck lol

barks5.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I loaded Chinese XP and was able to see the Chinese page, I can take a screenshot if you wish.

•••
nice figures on that one. Congratulations :)

•••
•••
For Chinese IDNs that relate to daily living, e.g. Health, Books, Music, etc., the advertisers have to be domestic (i.e. Chinese) and all messages have to be in Chinese in order to be most useful.

Dopa's delivery of English ads (for US visitors) for a Chinese IDN does not make sense. If the visitor preferred, or is fluent in, English, he/she would not have typed in a Chinese IDN in the first place.

I just visited Dopa.Com and found that you cannot even open an account via the web. Again, it makes no sense at all.

•••
NP41215 said:
For Chinese IDNs that relate to daily living, e.g. Health, Books, Music, etc., the advertisers have to be domestic (i.e. Chinese) and all messages have to be in Chinese in order to be most useful.

Dopa's delivery of English ads (for US visitors) for a Chinese IDN does not make sense. If the visitor preferred, or is fluent in, English, he/she would not have typed in a Chinese IDN in the first place.

I just visited Dopa.Com and found that you cannot even open an account via the web. Again, it makes no sense at all.
This is google's doing or whoever provides the ads for dopa.

If you access this IDN from an IP based in China you will see chinese ads.

In the U.S.A. you will see english ads on that chinese idn...

that is how it works.

•••
Thanks for the reply.

I wish Dopa does a better job of service. They don't seem to return calls or reply to emails.

•••
JeffM2 said:
This is google's doing or whoever provides the ads for dopa.

If you access this IDN from an IP based in China you will see chinese ads.

In the U.S.A. you will see english ads on that chinese idn...

that is how it works.
I guess it depends on the language of the browser or OS you are using. I am in US using a Chinese WinXP with Chinese FF and it shows me Chinese ads all the time. :bingo:

212068636_8649fbf449_o_d.jpg

•••
duskdawn said:
I guess it depends on the language of the browser or OS you are using. I am in US using a Chinese WinXP with Chinese FF and it shows me Chinese ads all the time. :bingo:

Thats Great News there :lala:

•••
Genius get back to work :P
Keep developin and don't look back.

•••
duskdawn said:

MY IE7(beta) is set for Chinese language. Can you give me one or two Chinese IDN websites you've tried that show Chinese Ads, so I can see if I get the same results (in Chinese).

TIA

•••
NP41215 said:
MY IE7(beta) is set for Chinese language. Can you give me one or two Chinese IDN websites you've tried that show Chinese Ads, so I can see if I get the same results (in Chinese).

TIA
Did you try the one I showed?

•••
duskdawn said:
Did you try the one I showed?
Which one? I use WinXP (English version) though my IE7 is set for Chinese for the test. I get only English Ads.

•••
NP41215 said:
Which one?
xn--zuxw4l.com, the one in my screenshot. Or I misunderstood your question?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back