Domain Empire

Parking A Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How many of you guys Park your domain names at Sedo, Namedrive, and Afternic make money and have a lot of views every month? I come to realise that in order to make $$$ in the domain business you have to develope your site and advertise them yourself. my opinion is that I feel these site our doing a poor job advertising your park domain due to the lack of visit each month. What do you guys think about this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well I park my names at namedrive been testing them out since sedo was showing poor results on all my names. I would say give namedrive a shot. Also I get names that have expired and get traffic. You cant make money at this places just by picking up a name and hoping it gets traffic. You need to do a little research on them.

•••
I moved all my domain names to NameDrive (Dec 2005) and today I moved my domain back to SEDO coz NameDrive PPC / revenue is so wierd and confusing :D

•••
Initially, i parked at Sedo and the pay per click was low and i moved to Namedeive and getting some revenue.

•••
john_karr said:
How many of you guys Park your domain names at Sedo, Namedrive, and Afternic make money and have a lot of views every month? I come to realise that in order to make $$$ in the domain business you have to develope your site and advertise them yourself. my opinion is that I feel these site our doing a poor job advertising your park domain due to the lack of visit each month. What do you guys think about this?
It is correct that you always will get more out a domain by development and advertising, but most people at this board are having so many domains that it is impossible to develop all domains so parking services are good alternatives for unused domains.

•••
Sure we all want to pick up a bit of parking revenue from SEDO but I think the primary goal is to sell our domain names. What P@#%es me off with Sedo is their lack of advertising outside of the industry. Have you ever seen a SEDO advert in a Home Business Magazine???

•••
All I do right now is park my names(namedrive), I only started domaining a few months ago and I realized fast that trying to find a name for resale can be a rough way to make money so I went in a different direction, I’ve gone after typos with ovt only to create revenue and also it seems more difficult to find generic names with traffic, I don’t use drop services they cost too much money for me atm, and I never reg something that’s been reged before. Now that I’m in the black I will save it up till I can buy a few cheaper 2 word generics with traffic and pay to develop them, and then move up from there. I average about 3000 views per month now, last month I made 106$ yeah I know not a lot but that’s a lot more per month than I had started with 0$.

As for the comment about Sedo's promotion, before I got into this my company bought a few domain names alot of the names we wanted were taken so we just moved on and never even had a second thought to look for a domain marketplace to see whats out there, most of the time we would just check it at a registrar then move on if it wasnt there. I really cant blame sedo or others for lack of promotion I think its more of the way people think... its gone move on.

imperyal

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back