IT.COM

Domain name parking ever going to be stopped?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think registrar companies should give domain name owners a year for them to a least develop a site with their domain. If they park that domain for over a year, I think the domain should be taken away from them and put out for someone else to register it. I dont think its fair for someone to just park a name when someone else out there willing to develope it and make it a productive site.

Most of the domains I wanted are parked and are still parked for years now without any attempt of them being developed into a website for people to use. Most of the time when you contact the owner to see if you can buy it from them they hardly reply back.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks to this thread and to Australia, I've put one of my "parked" domains to good use by using his example: cardiscounts.com (hope you don't mind there Australia) even though "technechely" it's still "parked" It is providing valuable content and giving my end users what they come to my site searching for and earning me some $$$ in the process!!!

If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known how to do that!

Thanks,

OldRatRacer

•••
Well Just imagine this situation! You have a really cool MillionDollar website idea. You want to register a cool domain. You save it for tommorrow. Then the next day you come and see the domain registered and parked elsewhere. Well how would you feel? I would be too pissed off. Well maybe that guy had the same situation. Someone else is making money instead of him. Well i Apologise for using the word "Greed" Cuz even iam here to make money out of domains. Iam a domainer for about a year now and for the sole purpose of making money. But some just want to develop sites. And want to make money through websites. And I was just talking from their point of view under such circumstances when some other guy buys a domain you want to register.

lol ......... Hope you guys understand

Untitled

•••
Well Just imagine this situation! You have a really cool MillionDollar website idea. You want to register a cool domain. You save it for tommorrow. Then the next day you come and see the domain registered and parked elsewhere. Well how would you feel? I would be too pissed off. Well maybe that guy had the same situation. Someone else is making money instead of him. Well i Apologise for using the word "Greed" Cuz even iam here to make money out of domains. Iam a domainer for about a year now and for the sole purpose of making money. But some just want to develop sites. And want to make money through websites. And I was just talking from their point of view under such circumstances when some other guy buys a domain you want to register.

lol ......... Hope you guys understand

I can "imagine" just what you described...that is kinda what happened to me right after I had an Aneurysm and came out of the hospital after 30 days of intensive care and another 4 weeks of recovery then 6 months later after I finally was able to "think" "normally" I went OH &^%$ MY DOMAINS!!! They weren't on Auto Renew!!!

I lost them ALL!! There WENT MY MILLION DOLLAR IDEAS.....

It's just BACK to the Drawing Board....Don't cry over spilt milk....Come up with other names and do it again (which I have by the way).....

Don't envy other's.... JUST DO IT!

OldRatRacer

•••
Hi guys. I think value and Untitled have made some of the points in their posts. And although it is not welcomed by most of the domainers (including me), it is supported by a lot of people outside of this business.
Think in another way, and don't bash other opinions by your own.

Last edited:
•••
duskdawn said:
Hi guys. I think value has made some of his points in his post. And although it is not welcomed by most of the domainers (including me), it is supported by a lot of people out of this business.
Think in another way, and don't bash other opinions by your own.

Thanx for saving me lol! :)

•••
Most names that are parked are for sale. :)

If its a name you would like to rescue from the big bad world of parking... buy it :hehe:

Oh and if you do happen to come across any of my names could you click on the poker ones, they pay more :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
Well Dusk I disagree with you 100% people have every right to stand up agianst an idea they think is wrong they don't have to agree one iota with the idea. THis is not NAZI Germany people here can state their opinion is in direct contrast to that of the initial poster. This idea has no merit take domains away form law abiding citizens who regged them first? WHAT if the domain just said I regged this name so Value could not develop it? WOuld not be a parked page is that ok? If people see something here posted that makes them sick they have every right to speak out against it SO DUSK you leave your opinion like everyone else you are not to tell anyone else what they should do and more importantly they would not listen to your commands anyway.

and no offense but who really cares what people outside this business think anyway? I know people who own parking lots that I think the land could bedeveloped with nicer buildings they could care less what I think and I am fine with that why ? Because its not my property. IF someone has a development idea they can develop any domain I think maybe they just want a valuable name on the cheap.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I posted this topic on the wrong site so im being owned

My apology goes out to everyone who was offended by this thread. I am truly sorry and I do understand were most of you are coming from with your replies.

Again, I apologize and I am truly sorry.

Have a good day or enjoy the game ( steelers will win BTW)

Thank you for your replies ( either negative or positive) Truly appreciate it.

value.

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
Well Dusk I disagree with you 100%

Please state my points of view before disagree 100%. My post is to remind people of thinking in another way before getting crazy with the original poster. So you disagree with this 100%?

equity78 said:
THis is not NAZI Germany people here can state their opinion is in direct contrast to that of the initial poster.

I don't know why my post reminded you of "NAZI Germany". What I could get from the posts before mine is bashing without understanding. And that is more similar to NAZI if you prefer this metaphor.

equity78 said:
SO DUSK you leave your opinion like everyone else you are not to tell anyone else what they should do and more importantly they would not listen to your commands anyway.

I was leaving my opinion like everyone else, however, in a understanding way. BTW, I was not commanding anyone to obey me.

value, you don't need to apologize to anyone, since

equity78 said:
THis is not NAZI Germany people here can state their opinion is in direct contrast to that of
the other posters, even if they are in majority.

Last edited:
•••
value said:
I think registrar companies should give domain name owners a year for them to a least develop a site with their domain. If they park that domain for over a year, I think the domain should be taken away from them and put out for someone else to register it. I dont think its fair for someone to just park a name when someone else out there willing to develope it and make it a productive site.

Most of the domains I wanted are parked and are still parked for years now without any attempt of them being developed into a website for people to use. Most of the time when you contact the owner to see if you can buy it from them they hardly reply back.

value, please PM me. I want to turn all my domains over to you for free.

Last edited:
•••
Pretty rude post there ebooklover.
Do you think that just because you don't agree with him that he shouldn't vote even if he is a US citizen? Are you a communist?

•••
value, hh, badger, bobba. please PM me. I want to turn all my domains over to you for free.

Last edited:
•••
Someone might need the domain more than you need it for parking purposes...

•••
value, hh, badger, bobba. please PM me. I want to turn all my domains over to you for free.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe you are a little too sensitive.
All I see is a misdirected post from someone who is frustrated that they can't get the domains they want.
How you were able to interpret that innocuous post as an attack on your freedom is beyond me.

•••
EbookLover said:
It has nothing to do with the fact that I did not agree with him but rather everything to do with the fact that he attcked and tries to kill my freedom.

You snooze, you lose. There are plenty of other domains you could register. Leave mine alone, OKAY!

What if I have more of a need for any one of your possessions (tangible or untangible) than you do? Should I be allowed to take it from you?

Oh, and BTW, who is going to determine that degree of "need'? You? Why?

Domains are no different from any one possession. Get your own and leave mine ALONE!

Heh, i am not saying it should be taken away from you, but if your not gonna use it, whats the point???

•••

Last edited:
•••
HH, dont get scared, I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one...

Ebook, your offensive post was way out of order... I suggest you remove the personal insults...

•••
Bobba said:
Heh, i am not saying it should be taken away from you, but if your not gonna use it, whats the point???

What's the point. How about the point is that it is none of your business?
If it is parked it is probably generating revenue. That is something. ANd most importantly, it's none of your busienss.

•••
value said:

OK so you want a name to develop a site to make money, they have a name to make money, I don't see the difference. and like houses, cars, coins, jewelry etc. all to make money .

•••
Badger said:

Ebook, your offensive post was way out of order... I suggest you remove the personal insults...

It was bound to happen eventually. I figure if you have enough opinions everyone is bound to agree with you eventually. :)

•••
Badger said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
•••
Threads like this make me want to support Child Abuse (Not Really of course) - Folks , if your children behave the way some of the members have to each other in this thread - Go Home and beat them ;)

Thread closed - Please move on ..... Nothing to see here :guilty:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back