Dynadot

Parked XYZ domains. Is it worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, I have around 60 xyz domains parked on Bodis. They are getting many visits, but no clicks. Should I assume that only domainers check them out? Is it worth it to park XYZ domains? Do you get any clicks on XYZ domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably that or bot traffic. Most domains, especially non .com, don't really receive much type in traffic to monetize.

Brad

•••
Almost certainly just bots/scrapers (plus maybe a few curious domainers, if they're one word).

Just look at your server logs, they'll probably be full of IPs from Google Cloud, AWS, Digitalocean and maybe Linode. All garbage.

•••
Useless traffic. If you want to play the type-in game, try ccTLDs. All the juicy reverse leaks from .com

•••
It is weird, because my coms get clicks as usual. I thought Bodis stats were more accurate?
I have one com though that receives unusual high traffic from Belgium, but zero clicks. That sounds like bot traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Should I assume that only domainers check them out?
Hi

that would be the general assumption to make, because right now, .xyz has no usage history with the general public.
therefore, they wouldn't be typing in "keyword search" .xyz... so no type-ins from them

and
since .xyz doesn't have enough backlink history from other websites, then you can't count on receiving traffic from that source.
so... you're left with domainer searches and bots.

imo...

•••
parking is about having right domains..it has very little to.do with extension

•••
Hi

in principle, i can agree with that, from the perspective of:

one is parking the domain while waiting for an offer.
and since ppc pages can be enabled with a "for sale" option and means to contact the owner...
then it's an easy no-upfront-cost option for sellers.

i've received traffic and earnings from a variety of cctld extensions over the years, as well as some /net and .org that still produce today.

but yes, all that is about having the right domains.
and even though that's a vague phrase, those who have them know what it means.
and those who don't are wondering why, "no clicks on their names yet".

imo...

Last edited:
•••
"no clicks on their names yet".

imo...
Biggie, apparently nobody gets clicks on their xyz parked names, so it's not just about the quality of names, but mostly about the extension, right? Coms get clicks just fine. Do you make any money from parked XYZ domains?

Last edited:
•••
I thought many people automatically type .com as opposed to .co.in?

•••
it's all about the right name..backlinks etc... unless yer talking hotel.com etc... tld is not relevant.
just look at dyna exp auctions.some bs.worhless .club or xyz no sense names.selling 100s and 1000s.

why.
cause revenue says 500usd per month etc

I.ve seen people showcase .cx or other useless extensions that were making em 1000s per month

if u think parking is about extensions then u are simply clueless about parking

its that simple
...I'm no park pro else I'd not be selling domains...but I'm no park clueless either

•••
Hey Alcy, I think these domains with 100K backlinks or so are connected to some fraudulent activity or not? Do parking companies accept this kind of domains?
I see plenty of this kind of domains on expired domains but when you test the quality of backlinks it's almost always poor.
I don't know exactly how it works, still learning :)

If a domain makes 1000 bucks monthly, why would someone want to sell it? it's a bit shady I think.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Alcy, I think these domains with 100K backlinks or so are connected to some fraudulent activity or not? Do parking companies accept this kind of domains?
I see plenty of this kind of domains on expired domains but when you test the quality of backlinks it's almost always poor.
I don't know exactly how it works, still learning :)

If a domain makes 1000 bucks monthly, why would someone want to sell it? it's a bit shady I think.

well in sure there is all kinds names around

me i was referring to.dyna exp auctions.. where domains with traffic just expire for.various reasons..

those who bid on.em are usually serious knowledgable parkers.. who research b4 buy

if u know what u do then I'm sure u can tell fraud name from good one too...anywhere...its all just matter of research..
tools..
experience

there are some worthless namewise names on dyna exp as we speak..for 100s in bids... .club etc...

•••
I thought many people automatically type .com as opposed to .co.in?
No. people from India will type in .in or .co.in by default, so will people in countries with respect to their popular tlds.

I even owned and sold a cctld with 1000-5000 type-ins a day...

As Alcy said, unless it is a Hotel.com you are not going to get many .coms with good type in.
All my moneymakers are ccTLDs. I don't buy domains with backlinks for Type-in. Just a personal preference . I only buy "Type-in" traffic names.

I even own ".im" and made me 400 or so last year. let me grab a screenie..

im.png

Last edited:
•••
No. people from India will type in .in or .co.in by default, so will people in countries with respect to their popular tlds.

I even owned and sold a cctld with 1000-5000 type-ins a day...

As Alcy said, unless it is a Hotel.com you are not going to get many .coms with good type in.
All my moneymakers are ccTLDs. I don't buy domains with backlinks for Type-in. Just a personal preference . I only buy "Type-in" traffic names.

I even own ".im" and made me 400 or so last year. let me grab a screenie..

Show attachment 208752
Who types a domain directly with C.C.T.L.D.? Are they mostly the older generation? Demographics? Cant be kids, teenagers or 30 y/o surely?

•••
Who types a domain directly with C.C.T.L.D.? Are they mostly the older generation? Demographics? Cant be kids, teenagers or 30 y/o surely?
Why do you care?

I don't make any random assumptions. I just care about what the data says and try to replicate.

•••
Why do you care?

I don't make any random assumptions. I just care about what the data says and try to replicate.
Exactly. I'm asking for the data.

•••
Biggie, apparently nobody gets clicks on their xyz parked names, so it's not just about the quality of names, but mostly about the extension, right? Coms get clicks just fine. Do you make any money from parked XYZ domains?
Hi

it's always, about the quality of the domain name.

you, don't think like an investor, you are in 'state of being' of what is today.
so, since you don't see no clicks on extensions with no history... then you question.

if you knew history of past extensions, with same history of no history, then you'd know it takes time.
and in that time, to the time clicks start coming, then having the "right domains" will most likely generate the most clicks or sales inquiries ...if/when that time comes.
but only a true investor, will invest the time, to wait for that time, to come.

imo...

•••
Hi

it's always, about the quality of the domain name.

Agreed, but I only park xyz and coms,no other extensions. Is there anyone here that gets clicks on their xyz domains? I'm talking about 2 word xyzs.

•••
I spent more than 8-9 months doing research on parking and thereafter hand reg and acquire many domains. One of my gem (graph shown below) is this two wards XYZ domain which I acquired in February 2021. At that time I was using Bodis as through google analytic I can see the traffic origin and accordingly refine my parking strategy.

This domain was just a coincidence to me and getting exceptional views, clicks & revenue every day consistently. I was curious to know why the EPC was so little $ 0.01 to 0.05 compared to $1-5 as shown in the AdSense and other tools. I asked this question to the Bodis Support team and then they reply blaming me if I am using any software or something to get this extraordinary traffic. I told them that I even don't know if such things exist and acquire this domain based on my 8-9 months of research. Anyway, they told me that your traffic is not quality traffic and therefore you can not use Bodis for parking. It's funny when my more than 200 domains were showing views without any clicks for almost 8 months they do not have any problem but when one of my domains started earning they blocked my account. During that one month period, I earned approx. $12 and nowadays still that one XYZ domain is earning $5-10 per month at another platform. By the way, before this domain, my total earning in more than 8 months at Bodis was less than $12.

Parking is not about SV, CPC or keywords only there are more than 20 critical parameters one has to minutely observe over the period of time and accordingly define their strategy. Also, remember Domainers are the most vulnerable species in the domaining industry just like farmers in the agriculture sector and always depends on these intermediaries therefore in long term better to develop and monetize.

This is based on my personal experience and limited knowledge and I hope it will be useful to you. Best wishes

1643368370137.png

Last edited:
•••
I spent more than 8-9 months doing research on parking and thereafter hand reg and acquire many domains. One of my gem (graph shown below) is this two wards XYZ domain which I acquired in February 2021. At that time I was using Bodis as through google analytic I can see the traffic origin and accordingly refine my parking strategy.

This domain was just a coincidence to me and getting exceptional views, clicks & revenue every day consistently. I was curious to know why the EPC was so little $ 0.01 to 0.05 compared to $1-5 as shown in the AdSense and other tools. I asked this question to the Bodis Support team and then they reply blaming me if I am using any software or something to get this extraordinary traffic. I told them that I even don't know if such things exist and acquire this domain based on my 8-9 months of research. Anyway, they told me that your traffic is not quality traffic and therefore you can not use Bodis for parking. It's funny when my more than 200 domains were showing views without any clicks for almost 8 months they do not have any problem but when one of my domains started earning they blocked my account. During that one month period, I earned approx. $12 and nowadays still that one XYZ domain is earning $5-10 per month at another platform. By the way, before this domain, my total earning in more than 8 months at Bodis was less than $12.

Parking is not about SV, CPC or keywords only there are more than 20 critical parameters one has to minutely observe over the period of time and accordingly define their strategy. Also, remember Domainers are the most vulnerable species in the domaining industry just like farmers in the agriculture sector and always depends on these intermediaries therefore in long term better to develop and monetize.

This is based on my personal experience and limited knowledge and I hope it will be useful to you. Best wishes

Show attachment 208863
Bodis is a joke, and they have to fall
They also blocked my account claiming that my traffic is not quality traffic, when the only thing I did was leave the domain with them
But relax because everyone reaps what they sow

•••
Off topic, if the ads shown on Bodis are not relevant to your domain, what can you do?

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 208863

I fear u wasted 9 months if all u could come up with is worst parking on earth..ie sedo

•••
I think 🤔 it’s literally the word only, extension has to do with the amount of traffic, quality and country ( clickable cpc) that comes to the domain. @alcy

You could point other domains to the domain and get traffic.

Website could be built out on the domain with particular extension and rank keywords, so many different variables.

.com, net, org, info, io, co is king and xyz because of web3

•••
Off topic, if the ads shown on Bodis are not relevant to your domain, what can you do?
first you need to keep in consideration that a lander with bodis shows ads relevant to the country and the user cache so what you see visiting your domain can't be the same that i can see if i visit it.
After considered this, you may suggest some keywords that you believe are relevant for each of your domain. there is a "manage domains" tab in your bodis account.
the feed will evaluate your keywords and if they accept it they MAY put and try ads that can be relevant with your keywords.
I wrote MAY because sometimes the feed continue to put the ads they believe are more relevant for the coming traffic.

•••
Back