IT.COM

advice High CPC and Parking

NameSilo
Watch

CakeCode

Top Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

This thing has been bothering me since many days and I couldn't find any answer on the internet so I finally decided to place it before the experts.

If a domain has a high CPC and if I park it , do I earn the stated CPC when some one clicks on the ads ?

To be precise , I own VehicleAccidentAttorney.xyz which has a staggering CPC of $63.12 , and I have parked it at Uniregistry, so if some one visits the domain and clicks on ads do I earn the above mentioned CPC ?

Please let me know , how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
CakeCode.net

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only have basic knowledge here, so dont take this for granted.

What I understand, the CPC will be dependant on what the actual advertiser pays for the listing. The CPC you see is the suggested CPC for those keywords. It is a guideline for when you want to advertise on these keywords to get a decent amount of volume. However, it is all at auction base: the highest entered CPC will win the auction and be displayed. An advertiser can say: i am only willing to pay a max of $5. The volume will be lower and the ad will probably only be displayed after many other ads.

So if less advertisers will enter the auction for your ad placement, the price will be lower.

Besides that, I imagine the parking host will take a percentage, meaning you will earn only a percentage of the suggested CPC. How much that is I cannot tell you. Might be interesting to investigate per niche and see how it differs.

•••
Yap, the big G takes the money and give you a tinny percentage out of the money paid by the advertisers. Though, there are many other parking companies but big G is the most prominent and the best of them all.

They give you about 5% of the paid ads on your parked domains and that is why it is no longer a good business to park domain. But parking is just for you to keep it and to develop it for good income.

Cheers.

•••
Yes you would get approx. 35-50 USD for US visitor and click on that niche. The actual number depends on which position the add took on the parked page. BUT actually your domain will not produce any revenue cause .xyz 3 word domains dont have traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back