IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i didnt know that todays #'s get stuck when finalizing yesterdays #'s....

never saw that before on a daily basis....:)

•••
same here ..........Parked.com sucks, after the estimates, just end up with few cents, iam going to change my parking company.

anyone know where to park the domain for good PPC????

•••
metronome said:
I notice there is a significant decrease in PPC rate~~

My estimate for today is at least 1/4 of what it should be by this time of day... :|

•••
SDX said:
My estimate for today is at least 1/4 of what it should be by this time of day... :|

same here.....and how much longer before today's stats become un-stuck?

$1 increase in revenue every hour is not the norm....never was the norm....and better not be the norm....:)

•••
tonyfloyd said:
same here.....and how much longer before today's stats become un-stuck?

$1 increase in revenue every hour is not the norm....never was the norm....and better not be the norm....:)

I'm really surprised to be honest...but I KNOW Donny and Parked will do everything possible to explain this or FIX IT! :sold:

•••
tonyfloyd said:
i didnt know that todays #'s get stuck when finalizing yesterdays #'s....

never saw that before on a daily basis....:)
Tony, I've seen it almost every day I have done biz with Parked ; I probably see it more often than others b/c I hit the reload button five or ten times an hour sometimes. :)

tvdotcoms said:
same here ..........Parked.com sucks, after the estimates, just end up with few cents, iam going to change my parking company.

anyone know where to park the domain for good PPC????
Parked.com.

You'll come back whimpering after making less elsewhere. 8-X

IMO....there are only about two other parking companies that come anywhere close.

SDX said:
I'm really surprised to be honest...but I KNOW Donny and Parked will do everything possible to explain this or FIX IT! :sold:
I saw some more bots hit today, and then earnings were rolled back after they were removed. But then after the bots were removed earnings kinda' froze....just creeping upwards very slowly the rest of the day.

I'm sure it is just a temporary blip as the systems are probably just catching back up to speed after processing and removing all the doings of the bots.

•••
well yesterday's stats have now finalized.. but today's are still way out of whack... hopefully they're still playing catch up.

•••
Seabass - You know you can have an XML or RSS feed for that, and you don't have to be logged in. :)

We are currently 4 hours behind in processing today's stats. So give it a few hours to get caught up.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Seabass - You know you can have an XML or RSS feed for that, and you don't have to be logged in. :)

We are currently 4 hours behind in processing today's stats. So give it a few hours to get caught up.

Donny
Yea....I saw you mention that the other day. I might just check that out here soon.

Thanks.

•••
Donny, will you, nakia and the stats guy be at Domainer Mardi Gras?

Who all here is going? I'd like to go, so if some others would like to meet up B-)

•••
Avo19 said:
well yesterday's stats have now finalized.

yeah....i see that...OUCH!!!!....:(

•••
DnPresident - I'll definitely be there, with beads on. And probably a camera and maybe a video camera. Our "stats" guy probably will be as well. Nakia I'm not 100% sure on right now. But it will definitely be fun.

Donny

•••
Seabass said:
Tony, I've seen it almost every day I have done biz with Parked ; I probably see it more often than others b/c I hit the reload button five or ten times an hour sometimes. :)

Parked.com.

You'll come back whimpering after making less elsewhere. 8-X

IMO....there are only about two other parking companies that come anywhere close.

I saw some more bots hit today, and then earnings were rolled back after they were removed. But then after the bots were removed earnings kinda' froze....just creeping upwards very slowly the rest of the day.

I'm sure it is just a temporary blip as the systems are probably just catching back up to speed after processing and removing all the doings of the bots.

I feel just like you Seabass...I somehow "fell in love" with Parked...and even though she's kicking me in the A$$ now...I still stick with her...;)

•••
i hear ya Peter......it's called a love-hate relationship!...:)

•••
Donny said:
DnPresident - I'll definitely be there, with beads on. And probably a camera and maybe a video camera. Our "stats" guy probably will be as well. Nakia I'm not 100% sure on right now. But it will definitely be fun.

Donny

Email me some kind of VIP :lol: Special Rate for 1-3 and I might bring a Hill Billy or two for entertainment. Female of course B-) Kidding :notme: , But email me some Donny Rates for 1-3_____

As for anyone complaining, I've probably taken one of the largest falls in revenue over the past 90 days myself . In my situation it was actually my fault so now I'm trying to climb out from 6 feet under. It's tough and if I can't pull out of the slump within the next week, It's time for a pep talk with the parking gods.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not saying your stats are good or bad today, but I hope everybody is happy with the speed of getting yesterdays final numbers out.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Not saying your stats are good or bad today, but I hope everybody is happy with the speed of getting yesterdays final numbers out.

Donny

It helps a lot when the stats are in early. Well done, and count me as happy

•••
Donny said:

Yes that was quick, but not too happy with stats. I get decent traffic and I get decent clicks, but RPC is hurting.
I have noticed a downward trend in the RPC over the last couple months.
Yesterday's finals took me down to the lowest average RPC I have seen (.08) and thats with a Traffic Quality Score of 9.
Is there something I can do to improve this? What am I doing wrong? Is this happening to everyone else?
Just curious what the average RPC (overall) is at parked and if you guys are noticing the downward trend? Is this something you track?

•••
I'm pretty much down to nothing, zip. Not just at Parked, all over. It's why I'm getting out.

•••
netmeg said:
I'm pretty much down to nothing, zip. Not just at Parked, all over. It's why I'm getting out.
I'm about the same as you. Everything has been dropping, just like the stock markets.

•••
I'm getting fewer clicks, but my RPC seems to be holding pretty well...

•••
texasgamer said:
Yes that was quick, but not too happy with stats. I get decent traffic and I get decent clicks, but RPC is hurting.
I have noticed a downward trend in the RPC over the last couple months.
Yesterday's finals took me down to the lowest average RPC I have seen (.08) and thats with a Traffic Quality Score of 9.
Is there something I can do to improve this? What am I doing wrong? Is this happening to everyone else?
Just curious what the average RPC (overall) is at parked and if you guys are noticing the downward trend? Is this something you track?
Ray, I at first was shocked to see the lower numbers/lower RPC and I almost thought there was a bug in the Parked system....so I understand your concern.

However, upon doing some homework/thinking over the last week or so I think I found the main reasons that earnings are down. Here is my conclusion:

1. I have been following three certain markets online since, really, 1996..... and I know who 95% of the advertisers are. And I have spoken to about 70% of them on the phone at one point or another.....many were customers of mine. Well, I did a bunch of spot checks on certain domains' keywords that match those markets...... and guess what? Many of the BIG players have pulled out of PPC for now......they can't be found on Yahoo or Google. These are folks/companies that have had PPC running for six or more years continuously. To see them not advertising is very telling. I'm sure they will be back b/c their business depends on it. Right now there are scared as hell......like everyone else, including most domainers. "Cash is king"..... and that is surely what they are thinking. They are probably trying to accumulate a cash pile to hold them through any more sh*t that may be coming. BUT.....they must return to advertising or it is their demise. When? Who knows..... until then we suffer.

I also suspect that many of the remaining advertisers lowered their CPC's if the market softness did not do it for them automatically in their ad accounts.

2. Google de-indexed me to the point of negligible traffic coming from them. I was hovering b/t about 9% to 12% G referrals, then it dropped to .92%. It has recovered to 1.7% the last few days, and now is at 2.01% ....I don't know what that means, if anything. But, maybe it will rise again.

Some other domainers noticed the de-indexing also. It happened around the 21st or 22nd of October. Check your Google referrals to see if things look normal....it could be part of the reason. Yahoo indexed sites dropped some too....not sure why.

3. I can only think of about three or four folks I know (not in domaining) that have not seen their incomes get worse. Almost everyone is feeling it.

That is why CTR was horrible in October, and I suspect folks are frozen up like ice and won't click. They are paralyzed mentally b/c of all the bad news on the TV, Net, radio, friends, neighbors, and possibly in their own family. Some may actually be window shopping b/c they are depressed....but don't have and desire to make actual purchases.

It seems that CTR is rising now a bit, maybe being "forced" upwards b/c of the coming holidays, maybe b/c the initial shock of the collapse has worn off a little..... who knows.

I'm sure many other forces are at work here too..... advertisers opting out of parked pages; search hijacking by G, Y, MSN, and Micro's Explorer ; smarter surfers realizing what a parked page is, etc........... these side issues keep growing in importance as well, and are now influential add-ons to the list of items which contribute the downward spiral of income.

Not to be overly gloomy, but as the Obama love affair wears off and the reality of the economy sinks back in, things will get worse - IMHO. I suspect many domainers will leave the business. I don't see us climbing out of this hell-hole that the financial system has us in any time soon.

Net advertising is still slated to grow at an incredible pace, and many new companies/individuals are joining the fray, but I suspect if the sh*t hits the fan, then all those advertisers will adjust their CPC bids down..... a total market adjustment, so to speak. The advertisers will all be there, just not paying worth a damn.

I do know one way out though if everything collapses b/c I did it from 2000 to 2002...... create tons of pages and then cold call folks and sell them on your domains, $50....$100, whatever, just so that you can keep your domains. If you have killer generic domains with traffic many will want to be on your site. You may make less than what you did in parking, depending on your sales skills, and you may even have to find some alternative ways to make some money, but when the dust settles you would be ready to ride the earnings surge in parking again. It's not easy but it can be done.

Who knows, nothing has happened in this industry for so long now, maybe a new form of monetization will arrive and save the day. Something should give here soon.....there is too much potential in all these millions of domains to overlook.

Lastly I would say, without some hope a person is relegated to failure brought on by himself, or herself. If you give up you get no rewards. That is why I held domains for seven years before parking even existed......hope. :yell:

I'll try to write more next time. D-:

•••
Thanks Seabass for providing the wisdom of your years of domaining experience. I didn't start parking until after arbitrage, so I don't know if some domainers are comparing the revenues back then against what is being made today. Since my only point of reference is parking for the past six months or so, PPC and RPC has been fairly steady for the 1,000+ domains I have at parked and not bad at the other parking sites as well. I have seen periods where 10 days will go by and a group of my domains will drop in traffic like a ton of bricks, only the come back up again. I'm sure that's related to Google and Yahoo indexing that you mentioned. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

•••
(re Oct 21-22 Google - there did seem to be some major shift for some sites on the 22nd, and then again on the 31st where according to the powers that be, some data found its way into the index without the usual quality checks (I'm paraphrasing here) which probably means that a bunch of spammy stuff got in and pushed other stuff around. Supposedly it was fixed within a few days. Whether or not parked pages would recover from something like that, I don't know. I also lost a lot of Yahoo love recently myself)

•••
Back