Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For yesterdays' stats, I had a drop of 486 clicks when comparing estimates to actual. I did not see any bots that drove up traffic. That's a pretty big number, much larger than I've experienced before. There may be a legit reason for it, but I wanted to see if others experienced a big drop in clicks yesterday. Thanks.

•••
For yesterdays' stats, I had a drop of 486 clicks when comparing estimates to actual. I did not see any bots that drove up traffic. That's a pretty big number, much larger than I've experienced before. There may be a legit reason for it, but I wanted to see if others experienced a big drop in clicks yesterday. Thanks.

yep, same here...very large drop.

•••
There seems to be an issue with international. Checking.

Donny

•••
My stats closed out then the asterisk re-appeared and my revenue dropped way down?

•••
Basically only 2 of the countries were made available to us in our international feed. So if you have all US traffic, then you should be fine. Otherwise, it will be updated once we get the correct information.

Donny

•••
my ctr with parked has dropped by 50 percent since the last problem with yahoo stats, whats going on with this????

•••
And this is why we love stats! :)

•••
My Cinco de Mayo revenue:

Lost 40% 3/4 the way thru the day.
Gained 40% after finalization today.
Lost 40% again AFTER finalization.
Finalization removed again, awaiting further good/bad news...

I'm scratching my head on this one.

•••
As I mentioned earlier, the stats from yesterday didn't include all of the countries. Still waiting on the final stats.

Donny

•••
Stats have been updated.

Donny

•••
Post removed, found answer.

Last edited:
•••
As I mentioned earlier, the stats from yesterday didn't include all of the countries. Still waiting on the final stats.

Donny

Thanks, it was good news again.

•••
•••
Donny, will Parked.com start slowly fading away in way of WhyPark...or will you start implementing changes from WhyPark into Parked.com?

•••
Huh? The decision for us to purchase WhyPark was pretty easy on our end. When we looked at the overall deal we got some very interesting technology that I would love to add to Parked, a website with a big following in WhyPark, and some really dedicated employees.

The first thing we want to do is get WhyPark to the standard that we like things, which is making money for our customers and ourselves. Based on the initial numbers things are looking really good so far, but it will still take some time to get everything more automated and bigger. We have a lot of new things that we are working on for that.

We do plan on adding the WhyPark technology in some shape or form to Parked at some point. Will the WhyPark technology, replace our Parked system, not at all. It may just be an additional option, almost like another template or layout.

Remember that Craig still runs WhyPark just like before, now he just has a lot more resources behind him. We plan to continue letting WhyPark run as a seperate system with it's own team as much as we can.

Hope this helps.

Donny

•••
Huh? The decision for us to purchase WhyPark was pretty easy on our end. When we looked at the overall deal we got some very interesting technology that I would love to add to Parked, a website with a big following in WhyPark, and some really dedicated employees.

The first thing we want to do is get WhyPark to the standard that we like things, which is making money for our customers and ourselves. Based on the initial numbers things are looking really good so far, but it will still take some time to get everything more automated and bigger. We have a lot of new things that we are working on for that.

We do plan on adding the WhyPark technology in some shape or form to Parked at some point. Will the WhyPark technology, replace our Parked system, not at all. It may just be an additional option, almost like another template or layout.

Remember that Craig still runs WhyPark just like before, now he just has a lot more resources behind him. We plan to continue letting WhyPark run as a seperate system with it's own team as much as we can.

Hope this helps.

Donny

Donny, so can you start implementing WhyPark technology such as RSS feeds to help Parked.com sites with SE ranking?

•••
WyhPark

I have a 300 Domain account with WP set up in late '07. As you know, Google banned domains mapped to WP servers. What are the plans to ensure this will not happen again and how can domainers in a similar position have their dns reconsidered without submitting one by one...

•••
I don't know how to explain this, but I just did a WhyPark test and most of my domains are still doing better at good 'ol PARKED.COM, without all the RSS, etc. hoopla?? :)

•••
•••
Less content and less choice is often more when it comes to CTR.

The main advantage of a developed looking site is building traffic...

However, that often comes with a trade-off in less clicking, and traffic leaks to related links (usually necessary for indexing purposes) that don't pay anything.

IMHO, domains that already get good steady traffic likely are best left "parked". Those getting little and/or unsteady traffic are often better suited for a pseudo-developed like site, such as WhyPark offers.

Ron

I don't know how to explain this, but I just did a WhyPark test and most of my domains are still doing better at good 'ol PARKED.COM, without all the RSS, etc. hoopla?? :)

•••
Domagon - I couldn't have said it better myself. Perfect.

Donny

•••
I created a Social Group for Parked.com on NamePros :

http://www.namepros.com/groups/27-parked-com.html

Welcome everyone! :)

Thanks...how do we join?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Less content and less choice is often more when it comes to CTR.

The main advantage of a developed looking site is building traffic...

However, that often comes with a trade-off in less clicking, and traffic leaks to related links (usually necessary for indexing purposes) that don't pay anything.

IMHO, domains that already get good steady traffic likely are best left "parked". Those getting little and/or unsteady traffic are often better suited for a pseudo-developed like site, such as WhyPark offers.

Ron

Thanks Ron...repped...I figured it was all due to CTR...but I can certainly vouch that with a large portfolio with traffic, there is NOTHING better than PARKED.COM! :)
Maybe we can now learn from WhyPark how to build Search Engine traffic and then we would truly have a winning combination! :tu:

•••
•••
Donny.....

I am noticing that some clicks are just disappearing....any reason why?

Tony

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back