IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny said:
Custom Content is so last year. I'm focusing on custom layouts now. :)

netmeg - I'll let you know if we need a tester. I'm sure we will.

Donny

Great, I maintain all my domains (and put together keywords for new domains) in elaborate spreadsheets anyway, so this will be a huge time time saver - I can just concatenate, cut and paste my little heart out.

•••
What we're witnessing is what makes Parked.com BY FAR the BEST parking company around. :hearts:
There is a problem...and we all try to get it fixed...this is why Parked will ALWAYS be the best! :tu:
THANKS to ALL! :)
Parked is an exclusive club that works...we all should be proud to be part of it!
Ok, that's enough praise for one day...I just had to share my emotions :lol:

•••
Donny said:
I haven't really looked into the Google thing that people are mentioning, I definitely know that they are indexing domains, because one of my says it was updated 11 hours ago. I'll have to look into the Google issue some more, not sure what we could do, but I'll take a look. Can anybody verify when Google had any major updates this month?

When you see somehting like domain.ca/click.php?c%3Efn%3AlbXGkd3mocj6k... and their is no text at all that means that they indexed the page at some point it still exists, but they can't remove it because we have them blocked from visiting that page.

I can guarantee that if your TQ goes up then you should make more money. Understand that if you have a 10, you may actually have a 9.5 or greater, a 9 maybe a 8.5 to a 9.49. Sometimes I have seen if somebody has an 8 one week and then a 7 the next they don't really see a difference, but if the following they go to a 9 they can see the difference.

Donny
Donny I also just noticed that I have quite a number of domains like "domain.ca/click.php?c%3Efn%3AlbXGkd3mocj6k..."

What would be the reason/s for blocking them from Google?

I also noticed that I have lots of domains that are no longer indexed :'(

•••
URLs like that were indexed a long time ago, I think over a year ago. We told Google to not index those urls and they did anyway, we told them about the bug on their side and they stopped indexing them. But now they won't update them either. I think I might have a way of getting them to remove them, but I'll have to see if it will work or not.

Donny

•••
If you could come up with a way to show the Googlebot a 404, shouldn't they drop out after a year or so?

•••
Donny said:
URLs like that were indexed a long time ago, I think over a year ago. We told Google to not index those urls and they did anyway, we told them about the bug on their side and they stopped indexing them. But now they won't update them either. I think I might have a way of getting them to remove them, but I'll have to see if it will work or not.

Donny

These are new ones.

For those with this problem you can try as I did - but make sure you move them to a parking company that is search friendly! Sedo would be a no-no for this purpose. Fab has been good for this and have been paying really well as of late too!

Looking at those domains where I did put custom content - none were indexed funny.
:tu:

•••
Donny said:
Custom Content is so last year. I'm focusing on custom layouts now. :)

netmeg - I'll let you know if we need a tester. I'm sure we will.

Donny

Donny...PLEASE...Custom Layouts by the end of this year? ;)

•••
I see a note that says:

2008/11/02: 10-30-2008 Stats
Final stats for 10-30-2008 are delayed.
full story

is that really for 10/30, or did someone just forget to update the date?

•••
30th is delayed..and probably now the 1st also

•••
I was beginning to feel left out of the bad bot traffic the past few weeks - well they finally visited whitebark! Anyone else seeing crazy stats starting late last night and into today?

•••
Hi Donny,
any movement on .mobi parked pages? we still have the drab hideous grey ones.
considering how classy parked's normal parked pages are, the mob ones are really terrible. do you know when they will be revamped or given other options?

•••
Avo19 said:
30th is delayed..and probably now the 1st also
1st is delayed now

Last edited:
•••
They are all up to date now. Ask has been having stats problems for the past week or so, they claimed it should have been fixed by this weekend, but it's still having issues.

Donny

•••
Probably to advanced but A great feature that I'm pretty sure a lot of us could use is in the domain statistics if it would say 1 or 2 click lander, so we don't have to manually view and review each and every domain from day to day. It's difficult enough to remember them and now that names are changing to 2 click landers like crazy there's no way of knowing without looking at each one which is very time consuming.

•••
Showing the date of the last time each domain has been updated in any manner would be helpful so as to keep track what should be looked at again ; Or if a person was on a editing/updating binge it would be nice not to have to keep making a mental note of where stopping point is.

•••
Vacation Getaway
Your source for great vacation getaway savings
gotovacation.com

Friend Finder
Looking for real singles? Find someone now on the worlds largest dating site.
friendfinder.com

Women Clothing Store
Looking for a women clothing store like no other? Look no further.
womenclothingstore.com

I get the above 3 ads for "natural crystal dot com" for these keywords "natural crystal, crystal, crystals, spiritual healing" Just for the experiement, I entered "handphone" and the same 3 ads appear.

Am I seeing these 3 ads because of my IP? Or because there's no ad inventory for crystals, natural crystals.

Could any1 suggest more keywords? Thank you.

•••
PowerUp said:
Vacation Getaway
I get the above 3 ads for "natural crystal dot com" for these keywords "natural crystal, crystal, crystals, spiritual healing" Just for the experiement, I entered "handphone" and the same 3 ads appear.

Am I seeing these 3 ads because of my IP? Or because there's no ad inventory for crystals, natural crystals.

Could any1 suggest more keywords? Thank you.

I think its because of your geo location. Out here in Va, U.S.A, here are my results. The keyword seems fine.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/adsensor/crystal1.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/adsensor/crystal2.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Did something change in estimates today??
I'm showing some domains with hundreds of visitors, but no clicks! :-/
And NO...this is NOT normal for these domains. :)

•••
SDX said:
Did something change in estimates today??
I'm showing some domains with hundreds of visitors, but no clicks! :-/
And NO...this is NOT normal for these domains. :)
I'm not seeing it. Earnings are lower for me than they should be at this time of day however.....maybe b/c of election hangover.

•••
I notice there is a significant decrease in PPC rate~~

•••
•••
Seabass said:
Earnings are lower for me than they should be at this time of day however...

Ditto...always something!...now what is the issue?

•••
Stats are always "stuck" when we are finalizing the numbers. It's been the same way for 2.5 years now. :)

One day, that won't be an issue.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back