Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Varon said:
Honestly, I'm not in any top 50 or 50K list of domainers. Wish this meet had been in VA. I really can't make it to KY.

Hun, Ky. is about as close as your gonna get to VA. You were game to drive here a couple months ago.....Sorry I couldn't get the time.....I understand though, things change.

Nothing in stone yet any way but I'd like to double or triple what I'm making now and getting together with other experienced domainers would be great.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Hun, Ky. is about as close as your gonna get to VA. You were game to drive here a couple months ago.....Sorry I couldn't get the time.....I understand though, things change.

Nothing in stone yet any way but I'd like to double or triple what I'm making now and getting together with other experienced domainers would be great.

lol.... my Dear Prez... I thought you were game for driving down to VA this weekend... I am still open to that idea. More than doubling our stats, maybe we could figure out a way how to reduce the stats from negative doubling on finalizing?

•••
Varon said:
lol.... my Dear Prez... I thought you were game for driving down to VA this weekend... I am still open to that idea. More than doubling our stats, maybe we could figure out a way how to reduce the stats from negative doubling on finalizing?

My Dear Varon...My deepest apologies, I forgot it was Super Bowl Weekend and we're having employees and friends over.. I am looking Very forward to getting together with you and as Always I have a special :All expenses paid" invitation for You to come here

All Though Business is much more important than the Super Bowl, I just can't swing this one.

I hope you'll agree with me in that we can make it up in the coming weeks.

Dave C.

•••
GILSAN said:
Hey Stub, could you explain the term tail wagging the dog please. Never heard it before.

GIL :)

Sure Gil. The Free Dictionary gives this definition http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tail+wagging+the+dog

Under normal circumstances it would be the Fed dictating financial policy and setting interest rates, and the Financial Markets would follow. The dog wagging the tail. In this case it appears the Financial Markets appear to be telling the Fed what they expect the Fed to do about interest rates. The tail wagging the dog.

I'm sure that if the Fed had not cut those 50 basis points, markets would have plunged, since all the pundits were saying the 50 basis point cut was already priced in. Which is why they jumped in between Fed meetings 9 days ago. Precisely to stop a stock market freefall. If they'd not cut those 50 basis points we would probably have been looking at another freefall. The tail wagging the dog.

I just heard that growth went from 4.9% 07QTR3 to 0.6% 07QTR4. That's a huge slowdown in the economy. That slide, if it's projected to continue into 08QTR1, certainly justifies almost unprecidented cuts in interest rates. Economics, although can be expressed in simple terms, is complicated when applies to a whole country. Bring back Alan Greenspan.

The Fed should at all times be in proactive mode, not reactive mode. Reactive mode scares the daylights out of me. This is my last post on this OT subject.

Last edited:
•••
RPC doesn't fall on it's face, because of a slowing economy, Or a bad US economy, Internet advertisers are as healthy as ever, and paying top rates, The question is, where has the RPC gone at Parked????????????????

Yahoo TQ score? Many people state to having a 10, But their revenue keeps dropping.

Ask.com? I can see a fall of around 3 to 6 cents per name at another parking service, nothing drastic.

My YPN revenue hasn't dropped? steady same revenue per click via Yahoo Pub.

I hope this gets worked out Extremely Soon with Parked.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
All Though Business is much more important than the Super Bowl, I just can't swing this one.

I hope you'll agree with me in that we can make it up in the coming weeks.

Dave C.

Sure Dn... we should meet up. :)

•••
DnPresident said:

Shame on you. NOTHING is more important than football.

•••
netmeg said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Sunday is Monday down under, so I've taken the day off to watch the superbowl. Do it every year...now if only the cowboys were there

:hehe:

•••
stub said:
Sure Gil. The Free Dictionary gives this definition http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tail+wagging+the+dog

Under normal circumstances it would be the Fed dictating financial policy and setting interest rates, and the Financial Markets would follow. The dog wagging the tail. In this case it appears the Financial Markets appear to be telling the Fed what they expect the Fed to do about interest rates. The tail wagging the dog.

I'm sure that if the Fed had not cut those 50 basis points, markets would have plunged, since all the pundits were saying the 50 basis point cut was already priced in. Which is why they jumped in between Fed meetings 9 days ago. Precisely to stop a stock market freefall. If they'd not cut those 50 basis points we would probably have been looking at another freefall. The tail wagging the dog.

I just heard that growth went from 4.9% 07QTR3 to 0.6% 07QTR4. That's a huge slowdown in the economy. That slide, if it's projected to continue into 08QTR1, certainly justifies almost unprecidented cuts in interest rates. Economics, although can be expressed in simple terms, is complicated when applies to a whole country. Bring back Alan Greenspan.

The Fed should at all times be in proactive mode, not reactive mode. Reactive mode scares the daylights out of me. This is my last post on this OT subject.
Thanks for the explanation Stub. Unfortunately, Alan Greenspan just like oil prices will never come back!

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
I agree wholeheartedly. Sunday is Monday down under, so I've taken the day off to watch the superbowl. Do it every year...now if only the cowboys were there

:hehe:

I'd rather be domaining than watch football.

Can't stand it - I feel like I am wasting my life every second I watch football.

:)

In other "news", it appears that Ask is being hit upside the head by Google, if you are to believe what this blog says.

Google is apparently taking Ask's parking company customers and letting some contracts Ask has with other Parking companies expire.

They may be lowering payouts too, which may be why some of us are hurting. I guess only Donny could verify if Parked is being affected by this.

http://isitmeoriseveryoneelsestupid.com/2008/01/31/change-in-the-wind/

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
I'd rather be domaining than watch football.

Can't stand it - I feel like I am wasting my life every second I watch football.

:)

In other "news", it appears that Ask is being hit upside the head by Google, if you are to believe what this blog says.

Google is apparently taking Ask's parking company customers and letting some contracts Ask has with other Parking companies expire.

They may be lowering payouts too, which may be why some of us are hurting. I guess only Donny could verify if Parked is being affected by this.

Same here. I play WOW and watch my dashboard...party. I do however go to my neighbors super bowl party to pig out. :)

•••
mrizos said:
Same here. I play WOW and watch my dashboard...party. I do however go to my neighbors super bowl party to pig out. :)

Yeah, I know... I go to the parties too, but I keep my bidding secret while I'm there. :hehe:

I'm just there talking and talking and end up pissing off all my hardcore football friends b/c I won't shut my trap. That makes me mosey on outside with the partiers.

But, the Super Bowl really is a must-attend social requirement to some extent. The food and hot chicks are always cool too, but at my age all the hot chicks are turning into wives. :'(

•••
Can't miss those Super Bowl Commercials :gl:

•••
Anyone remember that bomb that got dropped in donny's lap think it has anything to do with current RPC?

•••
Seabass said:
but at my age all the hot chicks are turning into wives. :'(

Just give it time, they'll be divorced soon :P

•••
•••
•••
DnPresident said:
Can't miss those Super Bowl Commercials

That's actually the main reason I watch it. I'm a total College football junkie - have missed only a handful of home games since 1969, my mom only missed a few since ** 1951 ** believe it or not ) but not much on Pro Football. But I like the commercials, and I always like to pick out the former Michigan players. Mostly we sit around and wonder why the hell Tom Brady didn't play like he does now when he was at Michigan. And since Plaxico Burress was at arch rival Moo U (Michigan State), of course we hope he'll go down in flames too.

•••
Anybody else having a very-down past couple of days? I tweaked my custom content the other day by adding some text links to other sites at the bottom, and my CTR dropped by about 40% again like it did last time when I put affiliate ads in.

Also, when the CTR drops like that, coincidentally, so does the RPC, and the number of visitors seems to fall dramatically as well (are these really just coincidences, or is something else going on?).

Hmmmm... (?)

•••
Seabass said:
Maybe this:

End of Feb. is end of Ask with Parked and all other parking companies? Anyone know anything about this beyond what this blog says?

I dont think there is any way this could be true considering ask and google just signed a 5 year 3.5 BILLION dollar contract for ask to syndicate out googles feed read back about 10 pages there was something posted about it that even donny didnt know about who in turn i think made calls and commented on it a bit. Not sure who posted it and I dont see it saw it when I went through this thread the first time

•••
Seabass said:
End of Feb. is end of Ask with Parked and all other parking companies? Anyone know anything about this beyond what this blog says?

If this rumour has any truth in it, then it could be related to that bomb that got dropped in Donny's lap. I don´t like these kind of rumours as they usually end up being true. What will happen to Parking Panel and Bodis if they don´nt have alternatives to Ask.com? Parked, at least has other solutions.

•••
I cant wait for Puppy Bowl IV I got money on "Kodiak", a Rottweiler/Lab mix :hehe:

•••
netmeg said:

Try telling that to a Canadian.

Another good update yesterday for me. The lower my tq goes, the higher my epc is!

•••
Is it just me or is anyone else missing their TQ. I don't mean just a TQ but the whole shebang. There's no mention of Yahoo TQ on my dashboard now. Or is this what others were referring to as "having no TQ"

•••
Mine's gone too. Maybe it wasn't working right, and they took it back until it's all better. This is Thursday, too, the day it is normally sposed to update (I think).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back