NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
aras said:
So how does this work, some domains are at Ask, some at Yahoo or ads come mixed?

Ads are not mixed on the same domain, it's either with Yahoo or with Ask (which of course often serves Google ads).

My understanding is that Yahoo is the default provider and Ask is the secondary feed, and that if you wish to change the latter you would need to contact your account manager at Parked.

•••
Hello,

is there a huge difference between RPC from Kanada/USA/GB and the Rest of the World? Can someone say a bit about this...?

How do you PPC-Parker choose the Countries your traffic should come from? Testing? Or is there another way? Maybe choosing the top-searching countries in Google Trends for the terms?

This testing is really timeconsuming...

By the way. I have read the parked sites are shown in english for english Visitors and in other languages for other visitors. Is that true? I have only seen english sites till now. And if its true how does the language found out? From IP-Country or something like browser-language?

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
Seabass said:
A wise, old man told me, "You can also wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first." :|
Shit, that´s a tough one to guess!

GIL :)

•••
Still no final numbers from Ask yet. Still waiting and waiting. Placed a call and sent a few emails.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Still no final numbers from Ask yet. Still waiting and waiting. Placed a call and sent a few emails.

Donny

I guess Ask is well named - you have to ask, and ask and ask... :)

•••
with the delays ParkingPanel has....and now Parked...maybe name should be changed to ParkedPanel.com?.......:)

•••
Tony - ParkingPanel uses Ask as well.

Donny

•••
I don't find the delays upsetting, but it's more fun when you can check the "pulse" of your portfolio on a whim.

•••
Donny said:

Donny
Perhaps its time to look for an alternative to Ask, that is, if you hav´nt started doing that already! At the moment they seem to be a problem instead of a solution.

•••
•••
Eager to get the results from the past 2 days. Hope they come in soon. Thanks Donny.

Justin

•••
aras said:
So how does this work, some domains are at Ask, some at Yahoo or ads come mixed?

My understanding is where Yahoo do not serve ads on a domain (for a variety of possible reasons) then the ask.com ads should kick in.

So here in Ireland, Yahoo have no ads to show, so the ask.com feed kicks in.

There is also the option within parked.com settings to switch off the ask.com feed.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah ask kinds of sucks right now.

Donny any word from ask yet?

donny any word from ask yet?

•••
The FED cut interest rates by a half percentage point, to 3%. Just what financial markets around the world were hoping for. Looks like Ben Bernanke listened to the markets this time.
That at least is a good piece of news.

•••
might be time for me to buy a house I've finally gotten my credit into a decent place

on another note: stats are now updated in portfolio view for the 28th.

Last edited:
•••
wow only lost about 1% expected more since ask was late giving up the stats

for this pay period I am at 11,111 clicks odd to see a number like that

•••
bradocconor said:
wow only lost about 1% expected more since ask was late giving up the stats

for this pay period I am at 11,111 clicks odd to see a number like that

Congratulations! Mine went down once again....Took off $92.19 this time. Yeah that comes right out of the profit.

•••
GILSAN said:
The FED cut interest rates by a half percentage point, to 3%. Just what financial markets around the world were hoping for. Looks like Ben Bernanke listened to the markets this time.
That at least is a good piece of news.

Looks to me like the tail wagging the dog. God help us all.

•••
stub said:
Looks to me like the tail wagging the dog. God help us all.
Hey Stub, could you explain the term tail wagging the dog please. Never heard it before.

•••
I wish the portfolio trick would work for yesterday to

•••
Donny is it possible to increase the maximum allowed character limit for the meta description by another 20 or so?

See this example:
http://www.zapp.ca/images/parked.png

Mine is the rebuilt engine one - it is using the maximum allowed currently, but it could squeeze in another 20 characters.

And any update on new features? Even a teaser?

•••
RPC is going up for my part, looking good.

Just started trying arbitrage, should I send a ticket to my rep and ask for permission? This might be addictive, made 30$ , spent 2$.

Howard

•••
How sweet! Lost another 30% after final stats. :td:

•••
Mike said:
How sweet! Lost another 30% after final stats. :td:

Hmmm...must be a niche thing. I've been up a buck or two all week.

•••
I,ve been working hard trying to get my rpm higher...its tough

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back