NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GILSAN said:
"Yahoo Fending Off Takeover Advances". Because Yahoo´s stock price is very low at the moment there are lots of candidates for a takeover. Also there´s the news of 100s or 1000s getting layed off by Yahoo. Read the article here:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/01/25/yahoo-fending-off-takeover-advances

Hope this doesn´t bring big changes in the domain business.

GIL :)

As long as the businesses that are courting the idea of buying Yahoo. Such as the ones listed in the post at webpronews.

New York Post, AOL, AT&T, CBS, Comcast, Microsoft, Viacom and News Corp

News Corp is Rupert Murdock and owns Myspace. Please dont let it be Ao hell either. OR Microsoft. or CBS. just my thoughts/

•••
Gil, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but that is exactly the "end" I had mentioned earlier. Is Yahoo selling off.. thats the big question. If there is a sell... its going to be 100% Microsoft.

•••
GILSAN said:
"Yahoo Fending Off Takeover Advances". Because Yahoo´s stock price is very low at the moment there are lots of candidates for a takeover. Also there´s the news of 100s or 1000s getting layed off by Yahoo. Read the article here:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/01/25/yahoo-fending-off-takeover-advances

Hope this doesn´t bring big changes in the domain business.

As long as the businesses that are courting the idea of buying Yahoo. Such as the ones listed in the post at webpronews.

New York Post, AOL, AT&T, CBS, Comcast, Microsoft, Viacom and News Corp

News Corp is Rupert Murdock and owns Myspace. Please dont let it be Ao hell either, OR Microsoft, or CBS. Just my thoughts.

•••
Yahoo has denied the layoff rumors in public. Also realize yahoo is worth 30 BILLION right now in a depressed market. That leaves two companies Google and MSN that can afford to pay 45-60 BILLION to buy them out. Cant do it at current market price you have to pay a nice premium otherwise shareholders turn it down. Any kind of consolidation in the SE/Parking by the Search engines will lead to less payouts in my opinion

•••
Plus the PPC Ad division was one of the few profitable pieces of the company. They WANT it to grow.

•••
I've got something around 300 domains in Parked at the moment, but there's just *one domain* that is really getting pounded, almost daily, by the bots. Yesterday - 3 visits, 70 clicks. Similar type stats over several days in the past week. Is there anything I can do to lessen this? Should I just remove the domain for a while? I dunno why they picked this one, it's not even indexed yet as far as I can tell.

•••
Varon said:
Gil, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but that is exactly the "end" I had mentioned earlier. Is Yahoo selling off.. thats the big question. If there is a sell... its going to be 100% Microsoft.

Say good-bye to arbitrage if that happens.

•••
mrizos said:
Say good-bye to arbitrage if that happens.

Not neccesarly

If and the big word is IF yahoo ever decides to sell or is bullied into a hostile takeover chances are the same game plan in its overall PPC part of the company will stay in tact.

Things will shakeup as always happens in a takeover or a company sale.

MANAGEMENT CHANGES
SALARY ADJUSTMENTS
ETC.

Other than that yahoo itself will most likely stay the same. Just a fresh start with someone else calling the plays.

•••
domainpark said:
Not neccesarly

If and the big word is IF yahoo ever decides to sell or is bullied into a hostile takeover chances are the same game plan in its overall PPC part of the company will stay in tact.

Things will shakeup as always happens in a takeover or a company sale.

MANAGEMENT CHANGES
SALARY ADJUSTMENTS
ETC.

Other than that yahoo itself will most likely stay the same. Just a fresh start with someone else calling the plays.
There´s a big IF as you say, however, if Microsoft (which seems the most likely candidate, at least on paper) buys Yahoo then the changes, as Varon says, could be big. Rumors of takeovers usualy result in takeovers.

Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

•••
GILSAN said:
Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I agree its always good to prepare and hope things do not change.

The thing is yahoo knows in its overall PPC division that arbritrage is keeping the ship afloat so to speak. Its not got the online presence that google has nor the billions and billions that google has to dictate NO ARBRITRAGE to their parking providers.

Dont get me started on the arbritage thing with google. Ask.com and I take for granted many other big plaers who have the google feed as a search engine are 100% doing arbritrage to their listing pages. I have seen the listing comeup in smaller PPC engines

•••
what is Yahoo Traffic Quality Score ?

why my ytqs only 0 ?
now, i have more than 2000 click per day.

•••
kingdolar said:
what is Yahoo Traffic Quality Score ?

I had a vision, and it said.......... Register "Yahoo Traffic Quality Score .com" and they will come :hehe:

•••
what is up with stats settleing out the last few days really late

I had a vision the vision told me lets get a huge partnership of domainers together and offer yahoo 32 billion for a buyout

•••
bradocconor said:
what is up with stats settleing out the last few days really late

I had a vision the vision told me lets get a huge partnership of domainers together and offer yahoo 32 billion for a buyout

I'll put in what ever is in my wallet :laugh: that just leaves $31,000,000,998 more needed.

I think that would only be 1,000,000 domainers with $32,000 of investment money each.....Or the other way, 32,000 domainers with $1,000,000
Right?

•••
Anyone's stats update yet today?

•••
nope!...:(....it's all Ask.com's fault....

•••
whitebark said:
Anyone's stats update yet today?
Not yet over here..

•••
Even the portfolio trick isnt working

•••
Also parked visitor counts from yesterday and today don't match the MSN counts on some domains. I guess I will wait for the final updated numbers to show up before checking up with parked, may be parked didn't capture them all in raw stats.

Does anyone else see the visitor count mis-match?

Thanks.

•••
The Ask numbers are now available to us. The programs are running now.

Donny

•••
rickkumar said:
Also parked visitor counts from yesterday and today don't match the MSN counts on some domains. I guess I will wait for the final updated numbers to show up before checking up with parked, may be parked didn't capture them all in raw stats.

Does anyone else see the visitor count mis-match?

Thanks.

You should not be showing a click mis-match...I just added some and all were correct. MSN compares with the Parked numbers... Make sure you entered the correct URL on your MSN ad.

•••
domainpark said:
I agree its always good to prepare and hope things do not change.

The thing is yahoo knows in its overall PPC division that arbritrage is keeping the ship afloat so to speak. Its not got the online presence that google has nor the billions and billions that google has to dictate NO ARBRITRAGE to their parking providers.

Dont get me started on the arbritage thing with google. Ask.com and I take for granted many other big plaers who have the google feed as a search engine are 100% doing arbritrage to their listing pages. I have seen the listing comeup in smaller PPC engines

What do you think business.com is (sold for $400M+) ? They have a google feed.

•••
I went up .94 (can see with portfolio trick)

•••
bradocconor said:
I went up .94 (can see with portfolio trick)

Down 20%.
What I don't understand is why keyword.net on parking provider #2 pays 50% more than keyword.com on Parked. Same traffic, same kw.

•••
I am going to start looking for somewhere else for my adult names .06 and .07 there has to be something better than that

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back