Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just curious guys...have you seen a major drop in adwords traffic?

•••
traffic is slow today hopefully it picks up now that church is letting out

•••
My revenue has stabilized at Parked finally, but only after I dropped to a 9 from a 10.

I recently read a report about Fabulous.com and they said their uniques per domain (500,000 domains ) had dropped from an average of 4 uniques per day in 2005 to 2 uniques per day in 2007, but rising click prices have offset the drop in uniques.

The year over year drop in uniques is something I have been noticing since about 1999. When you keep adding domains and see your "overall" uniques going up in your various portfolios, it's easy to overlook how each individual domain's uniques are dropping.

Now there is MySpace, FaceBook, iPods, more video game participation, more parked domains, more developed domains, etc..... and.....you slap a bad economy, a screwy Yahoo TQ score effect, greedy ISP's contolling user intent, IE typo redirects etc..... it is no wonder we all feel like we are getting bent over the barrel...... so to speak. D-:

•••
Yesterdays Finalized stats are out. After 3 stable days I got clobbered with a 45% drop. Pretty disheartening. Wish Donny knew what's hapenning. I'm sure if he does, he will let us know.

GIL :)

•••
•••
up a few bucks everyday for me, however my traffic is about half of what it was in dec....which really bites.

•••
parked.com has been slipping lately

I am not sure what to do.

Looks like i will give trafficZ a chance.

•••
bradocconor said:
I dropped about 20%

15% here. It seems that the more clicks the bigger the %age decrease I
get when the stats finalize!

•••
I'd swear the base traffic is just plain dropping on some days it seems.

These sudden dives must be the economy faltering is what I am starting to conclude.

•••
Seabass said:

These sudden dives must be the economy faltering is what I am starting to conclude.

The economy is not that bad. As of this week US economists are predicting an upward trend and have said that it appears we have hit "bottom" and are on the rebound.

•••
Seabass said:

Yes I agree that the economy is part of the problem. The bigger part is still a mystery that no one seems to have found out yet!

BTW I have a situation that I can´t seem to resolve when adding content to my domains which is the following:

I want to leave a space of about 10 only at the top. Problem is when I put 10 on Cell Spacing it gives the spacing on all 4 sides (top + bottom and both sides). Is there a way to do this? Anyone?

•••
If you're using a table, just insert an extra row/cell on top with a height of 10px.

•••
I've been a little under the weather the past 3 days, I've had a temperatur from 101 and 102 back to normal, it's been up and down. Been to the doctor twice this weekend. Going to attempt to answer some PM's, not sure how far I'll get. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Donny

•••
Hey Donny, take care of your health first and don´t forget to listen to your wife. They (wives) usually are more alert when it comes to health. Take Care!

BTW Netmeg thanks for your tip. I´m gonna start working on it now!

•••
new to this

I am new to all this and have several domains at parked.com. Can you ad google adsense to these pages and how do you get a 1-click lander?

thanks

•••
Hope you feel better soon Donny

•••
markmar10 said:
I am new to all this and have several domains at parked.com. Can you ad google adsense to these pages and how do you get a 1-click lander?
thanks

Good luck getting an answer on adsense...I asked a few pages back and got no answer. There is nothing on their website mentioning this either.
Do we need to submit a trouble ticket for this "question"?

•••
texasgamer said:
Good luck getting an answer on adsense...I asked a few pages back and got no answer. There is nothing on their website mentioning this either.

I can answer this! the easiest way to get a one click lander is to go to a parking provider that uses a adsense feed. see here at parked well they use that feed from that upstart company yahoo. They have this super great technology that makes it a one click or a two click lander. good domains = 1 click and not so good = 2 click and downright crappy = SEDO

Hope this helps :)

•••
No... you cannot add adsense to your parked.com pages. It is not supported.

•••
Donny said:
I've been a little under the weather the past 3 days, I've had a temperatur from 101 and 102 back to normal, it's been up and down. Been to the doctor twice this weekend. Going to attempt to answer some PM's, not sure how far I'll get. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Donny

If you need anything...let me know Donny! :)
Hope you feel better soon!

•••
I want to leave a space of about 10 only at the top. Problem is when I put 10 on Cell Spacing it gives the spacing on all 4 sides (top + bottom and both sides). Is there a way to do this? Anyone?

Hit your Enter/Return key X number of times at the top of the Content window to create as many blank lines as you want. Highlight the hard returns and apply "Paragraph" formatting. Then begin typing, pasting content, or inserting HTML/table/images below that. I have found that if I make subsequent changes to the domain, ie changing keyword, custom template, etc., I need to again apply "Paragraph" formatting to the hard returns to maintain the forced blank space above visible content.

Last edited:
•••
texasgamer said:

Yahoo determines what is a 1click vs. a 2click. It has to do with how many advertisers there are for the keytword phrase that they think is relevant for your page. This is determined initially by your domain name. Changing the keyword phrase in the Parked control panel will NOT change your page from a 2click to a 1click. Parked CANNOT change your page from a 2click to a 1click. So choose your domain names carefully. Also, per Donny, they themselves always use 2click because they have better revenue with them. So don't be obsessed with a 1click.

•••
Varon said:
No... you cannot add adsense to your parked.com pages. It is not supported.

Is it OK to link from one Parked site to another? My own, of course :)

•••
hey donny an idea when we can use the templates like computer.com and mustangranch.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back