Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DnPresident said:
You should not be showing a click mis-match...I just added some and all were correct. MSN compares with the Parked numbers... Make sure you entered the correct URL on your MSN ad.

The URL is correct.

I am contacting MSN to see what their response is first.

Based on their response I will contact parked if needed.

Thanks.

•••
This is a question for Donny or anyone else who may be able to help me--

For the past few months I would Google search the phrases "Las Vegas Strip Loft" and "Las Vegas Strip Lofts" and my domains LasVegasStripLoft.com and LasVegasStripLofts.com would be in the top 10 results. This was searching with and without quotes. During my first few weeks at Parked, this remained the same. Now, for the past 10-12 days, both domains have been removed from Google results. This is a major concern to me. Why would my domains be deleted from Google results after be moved to Parked? As I said, for months these domains were indexed and appeared in the results but things changed after moving them to Parked servers. Why would this happen? And has anyone else experienced this when Google searching your names?

•••
Varon said:
Gil, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but that is exactly the "end" I had mentioned earlier. Is Yahoo selling off.. thats the big question. If there is a sell... its going to be 100% Microsoft.

It's true a merger would be undesirable as provider competition would decrease (among many other things) but IMHO there are even worse scenarios than that.

For instance, what if high powered strategists at Yahoo decide they don't see a future for this strange parking business, and opt for a 'harvesting' strategy - maximize short-term gain and forget about the medium and long term?

I don't think that's what's my detailed parking stat comparisons tell me right now, but reading the statements coming from Yahoo I have to say such a scenario doesn't seem inconceivable and is obviously worse than a merger with Microsoft.

•••
rickkumar said:
Also parked visitor counts from yesterday and today don't match the MSN counts on some domains. I guess I will wait for the final updated numbers to show up before checking up with parked, may be parked didn't capture them all in raw stats.

Does anyone else see the visitor count mis-match?

Thanks.

I see big discrepancies between clicks in Adwords and visits shown
at Parked. A little bit is to be expected but I'm talking 25-35 %
difference.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

•••
.mobi example

Could someone post an exmaple of a .mobi parked with Parked.com? Thanks. I'd like to view the layout.

•••
rickkumar said:
Also parked visitor counts from yesterday and today don't match the MSN counts on some domains. I guess I will wait for the final updated numbers to show up before checking up with parked, may be parked didn't capture them all in raw stats.

Does anyone else see the visitor count mis-match?

Thanks.

I'm seeing a mismatch on one of my domains as well. On one domain today Parked is showing 16 when I should be seeing close to 70. I know that isn't a large number of visitors, however looking at it in terms of percentages, I have almost 80% missing. I will be contacting a third party first as well.

On another note, I was on a roll the last few days, great numbers, increasing RPC's and RPM, then ASK delayed and I got creamed. 30% reduction. OUCH! Take the good with the bad I guess.

•••
Carlton said:
Could someone post an exmaple of a .mobi parked with Parked.com? Thanks. I'd like to view the layout.

motel discounts dot mobi :gn: .....Not sure why .mobi is different lander than the other extensions.

•••
DnPresident said:
motel discounts dot mobi :gn: .....Not sure why .mobi is different lander than the other extensions.
Thanks DN.

•••
•••
DnPresident said:

Congrats DN, this is the first 1-click lander for a .mobi that I've seen at Parked.

Most of mine are still at Sedo, but if somebody could confirm MotelDiscounts is using the Yahoo feed I should start moving them to Parked once Donny confirms things at Yahoo are stabilizing.

•••
Mobi Cheap said:
Congrats DN, this is the first 1-click lander for a .mobi that I've seen at Parked.

Most of mine are still at Sedo, but if somebody could confirm MotelDiscounts is using the Yahoo feed I should start moving them to Parked once Donny confirms things at Yahoo are stabilizing.

Thanks..
Enrollments dot mobi, "Refinancing Homes" and "Safety Jobs" are a few more

You can confirm by whois NS

•••
abcproductions said:
This is a question for Donny or anyone else who may be able to help me--

For the past few months I would Google search the phrases "Las Vegas Strip Loft" and "Las Vegas Strip Lofts" and my domains LasVegasStripLoft.com and LasVegasStripLofts.com would be in the top 10 results.

The domain is still listed in google. It just captured new content when it last indexed your page - thus your drop for some search words.

And you need to fill out the meta description by the looks of it. By doing that you can specify the most appropriate search keywords for your domain.

•••
Hello Donny,

I have read this thread till page 43, reading the rest would remain real long I think.

I have some questions.

You said Yahoo is deciding whether there is shown a 1 oder 2-Click-Page. How does this work? Are you sending the url to them, they decide it and you build the page this way? Yahoo itself doesnt build the sites isnt it?

When viewing a parked site there are the categories. Can you say how the listelement or keywords are ordered? Relevance isnt it only it seems to me. Is it ordered for highest clickprices?

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
Do you all like Parked.com because it allows arbitraging?

•••
I like Parked because it's got fantastic support, it pays out twice a month like clockwork (I've gotten every single payment *early*) and for the most part, my domains have done well there. There's some blips recently that I hope will eventually be smoothed out, but overall, it's a winner. And yes, I do arbitrage on a few domains.

•••
I also had a situation yesterday where I lost about 25% of my clicks between Google and Parked on one domain (and I'm talking 550 clicks in Google and only 400 visitors showing in Parked). It is troubling when that happens. I've had it happen a time or two in the past and Donny's said it's just something that goes wrong every once in a while and it's not entirely accurate to measure clicks vs. visitors.

FYI, for all of you obsessed on 1clicks (and I used to be one). My most profitable domain suddenly changed from a 1click to a 2click. It happens sometimes per Donny, and sometimes it switches back. My CTR is now HIGHER than it was and my EPC is up a bit also. So I see why Donny said that they always use 2clicks themselves. I'm sure it varies niche to niche, but it was interesting.

•••
netmeg said:
I like Parked because it's got fantastic support, it pays out twice a month like clockwork (I've gotten every single payment *early*) and for the most part, my domains have done well there. There's some blips recently that I hope will eventually be smoothed out, but overall, it's a winner. And yes, I do arbitrage on a few domains.

I 2nd that!!!

The program overall is bar none one of the TOP parking programs that are in the industry.

Options of adding HTML content, meta's, the customer service, the ongoing improvements of the program, the list goes on and on.

•••
domainpark said:
I 2nd that!!!

The program overall is bar none one of the TOP parking programs that are in the industry.

Options of adding HTML content, meta's, the customer service, the ongoing improvements of the program, the list goes on and on.

I totally agree. I've tried almost every parking program...nothing has ever come close to parked.com. Simply put...parked.com is the best place to park your domains... :imho:

•••
mrizos said:
I totally agree. I've tried almost every parking program...nothing has ever come close to parked.com. Simply put...parked.com is the best place to park your domains... :imho:

Only if they accept me, owning 1,350 domains and was rejected couple of months back

:yell:

•••
HiSoC8Y said:
Only if they accept me, owning 1,350 domains and was rejected couple of months back

:yell:

PM Donny

If anyone can help someone get in hes the one to speak to.

•••
HiSoC8Y - Yeah, PM that Donny guy. He can help. :)

Donny

•••
Donny said:

Donny

lol

Sure Donny can help *Hoping*, will see ;)

•••
Donny said:

Donny

Now thats FUNNY!!!!!

Good Luck HiSoC8Y

•••
madpoet said:
I also had a situation yesterday where I lost about 25% of my clicks between Google and Parked on one domain (and I'm talking 550 clicks in Google and only 400 visitors showing in Parked). It is troubling when that happens. I've had it happen a time or two in the past and Donny's said it's just something that goes wrong every once in a while and it's not entirely accurate to measure clicks vs. visitors.

Well, if it's just something that goes wrong someone must know what the
problem is. I was comparing my Adwords vs Parked stats for Sunday and
one domain in particular: Adwords - 942 Parked - 868 That cost me about
$25 in revenue + whatever I paid Adwords for the clicks.

A couple other domains:
Adwords - 156 Parked - 124
Adwords - 676 Parked - 609

Right now I'm in the process of comparing the numbers for an entire month
to see if it's a blip or a trend.

Perhaps Donny could shed some light on this issue?

Thanks...

•••
Packrat - Your account manager can always provide this information to you, but in this case send me the domain via PM, and I'll send you a breakdown of what we received and what we counted for the day. If you have a few domains that's fine, but one is easier as I can give more detailed information.

Also remember that we are in PST mode just as Google and Yahoo are. I will say that everybody I have given this information to runs to Google or MSN asking for a refund. But there is always a first for something.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back