Dynadot

Park,io insane inflated auction prices

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
been watching them for a while ..what are yer takes guys on why or how most names end up with insane overvalued auction prices? mostly .io

tons of examples I saw..but just today

.io

vending
mondo
brigade

around 700 each

I mean is it all just endusers who want the names bad and have no clue about values ... newbie domainers who have no clue at these prices they'll never make profit? or experienced domainers on some bad medication twisting reality for them

what's up with dat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
don't concern yourself with why or how others spend their money.

if domains you consider worthless are selling for high 3 figures, then that is a net positive for you as a domainer because the end users will see your offerings as a good deal in comparison.

not to mention the possibility of domain resale prices rising in general which again is a net positive for domainers.

so this is a non issue imo.

•••
People are betting that .io prices skyrocket. I noticed that some of the domains bought for $700 are now priced to sell in the $30k range. It’s more a gamble than an investment strategy at this point.

dont get me wrong I'm big fan of io

have 100 of actually similar quality ones or better...but mine will not get 3k..like this butterscotch crap... but yer right maybe it is investors who have no clue about values

•••
don't concern yourself with why or how others spend their money.

if domains you consider worthless are selling for high 3 figures, then that is a net positive for you as a domainer because the end users will see your offerings as a good deal in comparison.

not to mention the possibility of domain resale prices rising in general which again is a net positive for domainers.

so this is a non issue imo.

posts on np are not concerns or issues..they are discussion topics.. so that's what this is

no more no less ;)

•••
posts on np are not concerns or issues..they are discussion topics.. so that's what this is

no more no less ;)

Sorry maybe my tone seemed aggressive.. didn't mean to attack you or anything.. I was just trying to say that its not a bad thing if people speculate on extensions. its a net positive for domainers at the end.
at the very least this can break the perceived taboo of paying 4 figure (or higher!) amounts for domain names regardless of how their bet/investment turns out for them financially.

I think domainers should learn a thing or two from NFT community. over there, when they see people paying 5 figures for buying NFTs of emojis, they encourage that sort of spending. because at the end of the day, an emoji selling for 5 figures makes their art work priced at low 4 figures a great deal/investment.

•••
But that happens at godaddy all the time with dot coms too.

gaslandthemovie for $15,250

hungrygirlporvida for $7,747

Smithcommonsdc for $3,400

or dot org

tcktcktck for $ 4,150

and my absolut favourite of last year was:

blagblagblag for $5,642

That can not be real... who pays that much money for such crap?

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back