NameSilo

Park,io insane inflated auction prices

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by alcy, Dec 28, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

been watching them for a while ..what are yer takes guys on why or how most names end up with insane overvalued auction prices? mostly .io

tons of examples I saw..but just today

.io

vending
    mondo
    brigade

around 700 each

I mean is it all just endusers who want the names bad and have no clue about values ... newbie domainers who have no clue at these prices they'll never make profit? or experienced domainers on some bad medication twisting reality for them

what's up with dat.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. tiletalk

tiletalk Established Member

its same with godaddy. all the best

3. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

I think it's way more rare on gd

I mean were talking io here... God knows I love io ... but it's not com like a lot of the gd stuff...

if its resellers they ll never make profit on these avg keywords at these prices... I know my io stuff

4. Gube

Gube 48hr.com VIP

It would be worth monitoring domains that got auctionned there to see how many of them turn into a parking lander (other than park IO ones), and how many end up developed (Plus if there are too different whois changes in the meantime, then it's a resale and that shouldn't be counted towards end users)

5. DuDD

DuDD Established Member

Com is also the dominant domain name extensions

6. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

madness continues..daily on namebio I see crazy prices for avg keywords... if those are reseller buyers I guess they should come to np for some lessons

no way Jose they are making profit at those prices

7. Lord Antares

Lord Antares Top Contributor VIP

I don't think so. Pretty much every domain is more expensive on godaddy than it would be anywhere else. If you look at expired auction, each domains gets anywhere from quite a bit more to a lot more. This is particularly noticeable with 4L.com domains because it's easier to determine their resale value.

Domains which would get $200 anywhere else get $500-600 on godaddy expired auctions. Pretty much every one I've seen gets higher bids on godaddy. I'm not even sure if it's entirely due to HD but I don't think they're legit.

But yes, park.io is insane. Prices are way too high for the .ios they have. Much higher for the same domains you would see on dynadot. This is why I never used that site and never will.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. Keith

Keith Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Because the house drives up the price to satisfaction. If they end up high bid, who cares. It only costs them the registration fee in the end which is peanuts. I thought this was obvious to everyone?!

9. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

u mean like mega fishy stuff everywhere? is that what u say should be obvious to all?

10. Lord Antares

But they might prefer to sell those domains rather than keep them. And they know the proxy bids, so no reason they should get the high bid too often.

Anyway, back when I did some research, I noticed some very fishy stuff about park.io, as far back as when they just started out. I think there's a good chance they're not an entirely honest business.

11. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

I once read on google somewhere the owner of parkio makes bout 100k per month profit.

12. Lord Antares

Yes. Significantly more now probably (that was like 2016 or something, from memory).

But there are some things about park.io which are hidden, things which aren't hidden with other domain marketplaces. I don't know anything conclusive or factual, so I won't discuss it.

13. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

yes that article was old.
    well gotta give it to the guy for pioneering some of the ideas .. that always makes money.. be it ebay..paypal and others... but fact remains these .io prices for the keywords they are almost all just a mismatch... to any sane reseller with io experience at least ...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  14. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

another day another crazy inflated sale on parkio

efile.,.,.,co for 3.5k

15. harshgupta

harshgupta Top Contributor VIP

if i end up dropping my c/l/ou/d/s .vc and it ends up on park.io its a 4 figure hit....but no one will pay xxx here, i am rather gonna keep it till things mature.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  16. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

not sure what its fetch

its kinda plural

but..parkio makes everything a hit so maybe yer right about that price

so they sell .vc there too yeah?

oh yea and orgasm..,io for over 1k today sale too

wouldn't fetch 100 here... and most resellers would take couple hundred offrs on it I'm sure..

17. harshgupta

harshgupta Top Contributor VIP

yeah they do sell .vc there .... and a whole lot of other stuff....

18. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Everything is inflating everywhere. stocks, crypto, domains, real estate etc.

19. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well our domain sales prices aren't inflating

this is why I made this thread to show u and me would sell for 50 what parkio sells for 1000

20. AEProgram

AEProgram Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

We need to adjust thing for inflation if ewe expect better results.

21. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

and she does it again..
    I hope u were not the poor soul who bought this.. cause if so then u can kiss any roi goodbye on this one...for 20 next lifetimes

Screenshot_20210320-100659_Chrome.jpg

22. J4wd

J4wd PeerIdeas.com Gold Account

Members here are wholesale buyers, not retail buyers. Let’s not confuse what we would pay for what the general public (and specifically business owners) would pay.

23. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

u have no guarantee or proof every single overpaid name sold there is not bought by reseller

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  24. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

oh man
    this just keeps happening daily

I cannot believe my eyes

something gotta be wrong

butterscotch.io 3.3k

wtf

it's basically all sale prices that people on np in sales thread for similar quality names never sell for even.half price.. myself included.

wth

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 5:27 AM
  25. J4wd

J4wd PeerIdeas.com Gold Account

People are betting that .io prices skyrocket. I noticed that some of the domains bought for $700 are now priced to sell in the $30k range. It’s more a gamble than an investment strategy at this point.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice