Domain Empire

"Packers.io" Need some professional advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SriRanga

Established Member
Impact
Dear friends,

Recently I purchased a .io domain from namecheap (packers.io). Later I found that various trademarks have been registered for multiple industries in USA for the word "Packers". I'm a newbie domainer and I intend to sell this domain upon striking some good deal.

My question is - "Packers.io", being a generic keyword;

- Can I ignore the registered trademarks and sell it freely?
- If I manage to sell the same, Should I worry if the buyer uses this domain if he infringes any IP rules (after purchasing from me) ?
- Worse, should I consider to drop the domain to avoid any possible risk?

Presently, the domain is not parked anywhere and not used with any webhost.

I'm a resident of India. Kindly advice me...

Appreciate your kind response and Many thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as you aren't trying to profit from someone else's trademark you are fine. Parking a domain can be considered profiting from someones trademark.

It's a generic word so if you were to put up a 1-2 page mini-site and have content that has nothing to do with the fields that the trademark is in you should be fine.

Just make sure any kind of affiliate or other ads you might put on there have nothing to do with the trademarks.

•••
@ulterios, many thanks for the reply.

I donot have any intention to create a site or display ads on it, and neither I'm interested in generating small revenue through parking the same.
I just want to sell the domain at premium price to the interested buyer. Would I be in trouble for my intention to sell ?

Thanks

•••
You are most welcome.

You should be fine as long as when you are listing the domain for sale you aren't saying anything about the fields the Trademarks are in.

Just stay away from anything that could be taken as copyright infringement. No pics that will get you in trouble, etc.

If I had it i would put up some kind of 1-2 page site that had something completely opposite of what the trademarks are in.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back