NameSilo

Ownership of the never picked up name

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by bluebox, Oct 24, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. bluebox

bluebox Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Someone buys a name at Sedo (over a year ago). It stays at Sedo's escrow all this time and finally expires and you pick it up at Namejet.

Do you think the buyer has the right to demand you give it to them for free (or for small fee)?

I doubt they will bother contacting me but just curios how would you respond? Do you think they have any rights to that name?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Pierre Barnard

Pierre Barnard Top Contributor VIP

Ofcourse not.

3. bluebox

"Yes it took us some time to get off our ass but you have no right to sell OUR name. We paid $xxxx for it."

4. Jasper schilperoord

Jasper schilperoord Established Member

I don't think involvement of a third party brokering service makes any difference. After the domain expired they lost any rightfull claims to ownership of that domain.

5. bluebox

It's funny how some companies are unwilling to pay more than low $xxx for a name while other have no problem throwing away mid-$xxxx and not even bother using the name.
    Some have waaay too much money to burn.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice