IT.COM

discuss Overpriced domain sellers being called out.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonathan MacDermid

Socially CorporateEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

If anyone is up for a laugh then check out the following site.

https://globalpressclub.com/toyu-to...value-3000-only-brandbucket-com-exposed/3184/

If I was one of the companies being mentioned on the site, I would be going ape right now that some barely literate web designer has put this together and that uneducated people may actually believe it.

The same site claims that 4L.com (not a 4L domain but actually "4L.com") is only worth £2,400.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We've seen similar articles posted by this writer on the Global Press Club website.

Her English usage and writing style are so poor that any native English speaker will dismiss the article after one or two sentences! It's unreadable! These articles are simply, poorly executed click bait!

This is the third paragraph: LOL!

Domain Name Markets selling stones and rocks on the price of Diamonds

Last edited:
•••
I puked just after reading the first paragraph.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone would dismiss it actually.

Silly stuff..

•••
If you can stomach, reading down past the trashing of the domain brandables business right next to their touting of their great domain appraisal business you get to this gem:

"A domineer is one who engages in domineering which is the web-based marketing business of acquiring generic Internet domain names for the purpose of monetizing them through their use primarily as an advertising medium."

Ummm no, the definition of a domineer is this:

Screenshot-2018-4-17 domineer - Google Search.png

Last edited:
•••
If you can stomach, reading down past the trashing of the domain brandables business right next to their touting of their great domain appraisal business you get to this gem:

"A domineer is one who engages in domineering which is the web-based marketing business of acquiring generic Internet domain names for the purpose of monetizing them through their use primarily as an advertising medium."

Ummm no, the definition of a domineer is this:

Show attachment 85596

Love it.. lol:xf.smile:

•••
My take is that it is an attempt to rank for a few keywords... TOYU.com, Brand Bucket, ???

Now the motive for why he/she/they is doing this is a whole other issue...

(By the way, google the image/avatar of the "author" of the article.)

•••
Thank you for your post @Jonathan MacDermid

That is a very poor article.

Thumbs down on the article.

•••
•••
My take is that it is an attempt to rank for a few keywords... TOYU.com, Brand Bucket, ???

Now the motive for why he/she/they is doing this is a whole other issue...

Think I know why. The domain is listed on Afternic for $20,000 so they may be hoping someone would make an offer if their brand name is being affected.
Funny thing is according to their logic the domain has an estibot value of $1113 so they are “selling stones and rocks on the price of Diamonds” 😋

Last edited:
•••
:ROFL:

"Worthless was worthless from the get go. But events move even worthless right off the table to oblivion."

"Please you MUST add up each and every expense. Yes, garbage counts."

"Worthless is worthless and a risk beats worthless"

Epic - "When I buy a domain for $15 I don’t count it as a $15purchase. I count it as a $150 purchase because I am buying and looking at it as a 10 year purchase. So when I see a domineer with 1000 worthless domains and he is broke and does not know what to do I just wonder why he does not dump every one of them? Keep your best 10 IF you really even have a best 10. But a portfolio with 1000 domains to me is a guy with a $100,000 worth of spending power and he does not know how to use that power."

Last edited:
•••
How do I get on this list? What a badge of honour.

•••
I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago because I found one of my names on there - now I wish I didn't give them the attention.

•••
Be careful not to buy your domains by force..

Robbery – legal definition of robbery

Robbery: The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation.

Robbery is a crime of theft and can be classified as Larceny by force or by threat of force. …

The penalty for robbery is always more severe than for larceny but Penalty for Domain Robbery is not paid by BrandBucket.com or other Domain markets who are selling over-priced domain names and business names, Infect they Earn Hot Dollars for it

Ok well obviously this is fear mongering so everyone runs out and gets their domain appraisal.

The professional domain appraisal of Global Press valuates your domain name based on multiple factors and provides a complete overview of your domain’s worth.

ORDER NOW FOR 100 USD ONLY.

•••
Pity that comments are closed there. I would expose this pile of crap.

•••
I understand English, I can read English...the language they use on that website is not English O_o

•••
If you read all the way to the bottom they give examples of all categories at BB.
Why would they put t/o/y/u/ in place of children and arts? Are they just trying to rank in google if someone searches for that keyword?

categories listed below are classic example of 3rd class non-sense domains on brand bucket.

TOYUdren & Pets
TOYU & Entertainment

•••
My English and grammar are horrible. I still feel like I lost a few brain cells trying too read that.

•••
Well.. There are dozens of articles regarding Mediaoptions.

All the articles have the same content.

https://globalpressclub.com/tag/mediaoptions-com/

Q/u/i/l/t dot com valued at $800
B/R/B dot com valued at $1150
T/w/i/s/t dot com valued at $4400
C/1 dot com valued at $1100
Z/K dot com valued at $11500

LMAO:xf.grin::xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
i would be pissed if someone hijacked my picture to used and be associated with this crap

it's a made up article, from a made up person (most likely the owner of the site) BS

•••
•••
just a poorly done bait site

•••
Looks like a link farm site. Google is too smart these days and will downgrade your SEO if you link to it.

•••
Seems like they are trying to sell an appraisal service lol.

"The professional domain appraisal of Global Press valuates your domain name based on multiple factors and provides a complete overview of your domain’s worth."

"The domain and website appraisal of Global Press provides a good estimate of your website’s worth."

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back