Dynadot

discuss Outbound is important! Yes it is..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Having a large portfolio of great domain names is excellent.
However, I believe that reaching out to the right end users is also necessary instead of waiting for them to come to you which may or may not happen.

While it is always a plus to let the other party approach, there would be times when instead of coming to you, they have gone with the alternative domain name.
There are a number of people I know who are running companies with 6-7 individuals who just buy and sell domain names for them. A team of 3 acquiring and 4 members reaching out to end users to sell.
And a lot of those sales are in 5-figures.

So yes, I believe that reaching out to end users and explaining them what difference will the domain name make to their business is definitely important to get the cash flowing and multiplying.

What are your views on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how is it that inbound inquiries result in bigger sales ? Isn't it the other way around ?

It puts the seller in a better negotiating position. They approached you so you have the power of saying no.

•••
Can one of the successful outbound people share a basic template for these kinds of emails? I've had my fair share of 'hi you own a similar name. Want to buy 'thiscrappyname.com''? I can't imagine this works. Personally I have had some response with longer, more detailed emails including one 'surefire' offer which led to a bungled negotiation and me losing the x, xxx offer. How do you structure the email? Do you follow up when they don't answer after 3 emails (but have viewed your email repeatedly)? Do you include a price in the initial offer?
I've read a lot of the advice here on np but haven't been able to find anything that specific. Maybe no one wants to reveal their secrets, and that's understandable. But any help in this area would help me out for sure...
i havent done much outbound, and as yet havent sold via this method, but i would think it's prob best just to be direct, "are you interested in owning abc.com, and would you be willing to negotiate a price?"

•••
Outbound is good to create demand. Outbound is good but spam people is not.

•••
Do people send outbound emails to alert people (who may be interested) that you are about to start an auction for your domain?

Also, when sending outbound emails for a specific domain you're trying to sell, I'm assuming you send to multiple people all at once.
When someone finally shows interest and offers a price, how do you know whether or not you should wait for another party to show interest? You could accept this offer of $1000 but a week later someone offers you $2000!

•••
Outbound is good, but getting the actual email address of the right end user is the main challenge of outbound marketing. Can someone advise on how to get the real email of the real end user/end buyer.

your post reminds me of a thread on here - i think its at the start of - completed domain name sales thread within the first couple of pages - a post by gene? when he kept sending flowers to the person who could put him in touch with the buyer or seller of a domain and it worked - a great post to read

•••
a domain name portfolio should fund itself after an initial investment - how long a domain name portfolio takes to recoup initial investment and be able to produce significant returns to cover future renewals depends on the quality of domain names purchased and the amount of quality domains purchased and the price at which the domains are purchased etc

but if a person purchases a handful of good quality domain names it won't take long before just one of those domains sells inbound or outbound which will enable the owner of the portfolio to extend the renewals of their portfolio by at least a year thus giving the owner of the portfolio a year of inbound time before they have to outbound etc

a portfolio doesn't have to be big to be successful

every domainer has to start at the beginning which involves initial investment and the ability to invest further eg renewals or sales preferably inbound

even one of the worlds greatest investors started either not a lot of money but is currently about 3rd richest person in the world -
warren buffett

ok so warren buys stocks and companies etc but his investing principles produce the greatest results

he buys well - avoids fees - and as long as he has bought well -

Long term his investments produce significant returns

but he allows time for his investments to mature

if warren was a domainer i reckon he would invest like rick s

•••
My favourite video about to topic : very to the point, lot of technical tools presented, very detailed..watch here

Thanks for sharing my video on this topic. If anyone has any questions about the video or outbound sales, please send me a message and I would be happy to help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back