poll Outbound email sales conversion

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

100 Emails Sent

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 1-2 Sales

    21 
    votes
    77.8%
  • 2-4 Sales

    2 
    votes
    7.4%
  • +5 Sales

    2 
    votes
    7.4%
  • +10 Sales

    2 
    votes
    7.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

coinosis

Established Member
Impact
207
Curious what rate fellow domainers are converting on outbound emails for every 100 (doesn't have to be literally but for simplicity of percentage sake) emails sent?
Also methodology for lead finding and email format, if you care to share?

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Domain names exists many decades, and still general public has no clue about the value. My last case was a NYC construction company who replied to my outbound email "what's the offer" when I replied my exact number in mid $x,xxx range, the representative had to ask if I meant US dollars. When i asked if they are looking for a new website, or just to redirect the domain to the their current website, he replied, he was considering to rebrand. I asked him for his best offer, no reply ever since. Bottom line... domain names are still undervalued and people / companies expect to pay 50 bucks at most. My vote would be 0-1 sale per 100 emails sent.

You are right, one year ago an agent of a billion company (Market Cap $50B) wrote me about purchase my premium 3L.co and offered $300, i countered with x xxx, he returned with $500 and wrote that it is their max budget, because they do not have money :xf.confused:
 
Last edited:
3
•••
I've had a pretty good success rate doing outbound sales.
The first thing I learned is that using the WHOIS record is the worst way to contact someone. It is usually linked to an old email or its linked to the companies IT guy who cares less that you have the "perfect domain" for his company.
What the WHOIS is good for however, is seeing what other domains the registered email is connected to. (I use domain index not sure if every whois service lets you check that or not).
ex: If i see that an auto parts site owns a bunch of car part domains and is using them as redirects, and lets say i own cartire.com or carmuffler.com, I know I have a chance of selling it to them, not at a premium obviously but a sale is a sale.

The Second thing I learned is that getting in touch with the "right guy" is easiest by using social media sites. Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter etc. has been the easiest method of direct contact for me.It makes you real, you look less like a spammer. So yeah change your profile picture to make it more professional, no one wants to buy a domain from a guy chugging a PBR with his shirt off at a music festival. lol sorry bruh and PLEASE don't contact a C.E.O. if you FB name is "Anthony LovingMyBoo Williams" or some other weird thing like that. This is a business so be professional.

And Third getting someone on the phone is the easiest way to make outbound sales. PERIOD. The rejection hurts a bit more, but you can express yourself more freely and explain why this domain name is perfect for them etc. etc.
The worst that can happen is they can say no, or the owner is 107 an doesn't understand "the crazy internet" (true story).

Oh and maybe I should of mentioned this first, your name has to be good. Hello! Read that sentence again. If I am the owner of Car.com why the hell would I want to buy The-Car.net from you. I wouldn't and I would be the 200th person that ignored your email.
 
2
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back