Dynadot

Opinion on if i messed up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
Haptictecnology .com Was just in the godaddy auction and I backed out at 260 bucks. I was just wondering if I screwed up by not buying I feel like i did,however I don't know how high the other bidder would have went on it. I haven't bought any domains yet other then a hand reg. So i wanted my first purchase to be something good i feel like i messed up i would like to hear opinions

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you got the domain right?
You did the right thing.
For what is a hapitc????

•••
I think if you couldn't afford to go any further then you made the right choice, on the other hand I think the winner got a good deal.

•••
Did you write domain name right, because Im trying to check this domain you wrote and it is not even registered?

•••
He means HapticTechnology.com, it ended for $270

•••
What does "haptic" means? Well it is technology domain and it is 8 years old but I dont see some good value in this domain. I think that seller get a way bigger offer then I would expect as seller so good job for him and also good job for you because for 270$ you can buy a way better domain name (only my opinion)

•••
i spelled it wrong at first (haptic technology) i backed off of it i could have went higher i can afford to buy it i just didn't know if i should have spent more

•••
For example: for 270$ I would sold you my domain 17 years old, only 7 letter including "video" in it and it cover huge gaming area and others area also so you can find here some good domains for that amount of money, be a smart buyer dont hurry with buying :)

•••
well haptic technology is supposed to be really big in the future i was planning on sitting on it for a few years

•••
8 letters* - my mistake I dont know how to count :P

•••
Great domain and great price. I wish i knew about it.

•••
•••
•••
i know i just want my first real good one i have a few decent hand reg but nothing really good imo ill just wait i guess. I hand reg haptictek lol nothing compared to haptic technology though

•••
lol, its okay, i bid on it too but there will always be others...

•••
Haptic is huge but a lot of the companies involved are big. It's an ok name... likely to be sold at profit to another domainer imho.

Probably worth more than 270 though.

You can never be too wrong not doing something financially. You can be wrong doing something though. If your gut says no.... go with it.

Go spend some of that money on beer and a burger...cheers me up.

Also any future sale occurs because of this event so it's irrelevant what happens going forward.

•••
Dont be sad, you will find a better one Im sure just dont give up searching and be careful :)

•••
Sometimes I get mad I lost a sale at auction but I get over it a few hours later...so far the ones I missed I dont see them sold so maybe it was a blessing in disguise :)

•••
I'm over it now it's spilled milk there will be more at least I know I wasn't chasing a crap shoot my judgement is getting better

•••
One thing you shouldn't do in this industry is have regrets on buying, selling, etc. There are always going to be cases where you should have done this or that but since you don't have a crystal ball and can't tell the future, don't let what could have been play with your mind.

You never know how much others bidders would have went up to so maybe he got it at a good price but you don't know his maximum. If you would have kept going and not knowing the other bidders max bid, it might have gotten to the point that you could have over paid. Since you don't know all the variables it's good to forget it and move on. There will always be more good names to bid on in the future.

•••
•••
No problem. I have had a couple of similar situations come up with myself and one I did let bother me a bit. Then one day I just said "Fu_k it", I am not gonna worry about it anymore. I went back after several months and the domain still didn't change owners or have something developed on it so I felt a little better knowing at least someone didn't get it and do a quick sell and pocket money that might have been mine.

•••
It's hard sometimes not to get caught up in the bidding but mastering the art of separating your personal feelings from a domain so you can stick to your limits will give you good foundations for the future. There's always another domain and another day and you will be the one to catch people sleeping!

•••
Good name, and a good price. But I wouldn't cry in my beer over it, Like you said, no telling how high the other bidder might have gone.

Sometimes you lose an auction, and see the winner still unsuccessfully trying to sell the name years later. Other times, you win the auction and the name sits in your portfolio forever.

Don't look back, there are always new opportunities.

•••
OK. I had to Google it :) I think you would have made money on that domain using the strategy you outlined. Could you find an interested buyer today? Maybe. Your domain selection has come a long way since we PM'd each other. You should never regret a possible missed opportunity. There will be other domains coming down the pike. Which might have different or better attributes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back