Domain Empire

Opinion on if i messed up

NameSilo
Watch

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
Haptictecnology .com Was just in the godaddy auction and I backed out at 260 bucks. I was just wondering if I screwed up by not buying I feel like i did,however I don't know how high the other bidder would have went on it. I haven't bought any domains yet other then a hand reg. So i wanted my first purchase to be something good i feel like i messed up i would like to hear opinions

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make yourself feel better by spending $260 on the best 10 - 15 closeout domains you can find and know that the combined worth is probably more than HapticTechnology and your chances of a sale are 15x greater.

And by the way, you didn't "let it go" for $260, you didn't know what the winners max was for the name, could've been twice that and if the bids were proxy, and being a tech name, it probably was.

•••
Thanks stub, I been studying hard it took me a little bit to understand what a good domain is, if it wasn't for you and the other great domainers on this forum i would be a lost puppy, so i thank you all and i'm very grateful for all the advice and knowledge that i have received

•••
@stub Exactly, you might be glad you missed out so you have the cash to invest in the better domain.

•••
I'm not mad that I didn't get it anymore. there will plenty more names to get mad about lol I'm looking forward to stealing something out of the auction in the future or buying a better one. iIwill check out the closeouts and see what they have to offer.

•••
It's just like the others have said, don't stress on it too much. Look at this thread for example. Half the people here didn't even know what the term meant. As others have said, the nice thing about domaining is that there will be another dozen just like that dropping or expiring in the next week. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll find something just as good. That one just wasn't meant to be! :)

•••
Don't focus on the $260 / $270 angle. $270 is what it sold at because the buyer wasn't bidding against anyone else at that level. If you had kept bidding the price could have gone up much further because the buyer could also bid against you.

That something I realized when I used to buy on ebay and saw something go for just over what I was willing to pay - my backing out of the auction and it going for a bit over my price meant nothing - the person who won could have been prepared to pay twice the amount it went for.

•••
I am happy to own haptic.science. Sometimes the ngtld just fits the industry better.

•••
Never mind I'm with u on that too

•••
I am happy to own haptic.science. Sometimes the ngtld just fits the industry better.
I just bought haptics.me and haptics.co last week, so it'd be nice to add a .com to my little collection.

Your domain sounds like a natural fit for a new gtld, though!

•••
I just bought haptics.me and haptics.co last week, so it'd be nice to add a .com to my little collection.

Your domain sounds like a natural fit for a new gtld, though!

Thanks! I think I was one of the first people on NP to read the post about .science. So I managed to register some pretty nice ones, I think.

Meanwhile, I think haptics.co and haptics.me are also good extensions!

•••
I noticed that this company immersion owns haptic.com, hapticfeedback.com, hapticsforhealthcare.info, haptic.biz, haptic.info, haptics.info, medicalhaptics.info and points them all to their own site.

Here are some of their domains: http://www.statsnode.com/reverse-whois/e-708366-429104a679884c51/

(sorry this thread is way off-topic)

•••
Who knows one more bid and you would have owned the domain, which they could sell for quite a lot of money.

OR

You would have bid 10 more times getting the domain into the $700 range, win the domain, and "haptics" is dead in 3 years replaced with "Kinetrics" as the popular terminology.

•••
That was a good domain indeed, but I normally don't prefer auctions. I am up for hand registering .coms using gd coupons. Think about other good keywords in that technology and see if they are available to hand reg. If you liked that exact keyword so much, I have a suggestion - sending you a PM.:lookaround:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back