Dynadot

Opensea.com is in the upcoming Great Domains auction at Sedo (will it sell?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The latest Great Domains auction starts at Sedo today and there are some heavyweight names on the list. PrivateEquity.com, VentureCapital.com and Soft.com to name a few. One of the names on there is OpenSea.com, Opensea.io is home to the large NFT marketplace that has been in the news all year for many reasons. OpenSea logged […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Apart from the obvious potential target it has a dictionary meaning which is body of water outside of territorial waters and not enclosed by land - suppose someone who is interested in becoming a pirate might make a cheeky bid......

They some have some really domains up for sale this time around as well.....

Last edited:
•••
They some have some really domains up for sale this time around as well.....
Wakey wakey Nick 😅

I'm surprised they've decided to auction opensea.com, seems a bit rushed, if they don't get the publicity they require it's potential might not be realised...

•••
Wakey wakey Nick 😅

I'm surprised they've decided to auction opensea.com, seems a bit rushed, if they don't get the publicity they require it's potential might not be realised...
I gave up coffee 11 days ago - so struggling with the mornings :xf.grin:

Do you reckon they reached out to them prior to sticking it up for auction and offered it for sale privately?

Would of seemed the sensible thing to do before putting it up for auction....

•••
Can't wait to see what happens with the opensea domain

•••
You'd be pretty stupid to bid on this one. :banghead:

•••
They are just trying to entice the .io to reach out or " HEY.....come out a "BUY YOUR EMD .com"

Foolish....the owner should just let it sit until "They Come" to talk ....

Owner would be better off listing it on OS marketplace as a NFT for (25K ETH) and let them buy their own name from their own site, now that would Marketing and Winning at the same time. For both parites
(** Assuming current owner has owned prior to .io TM**)

This auctioning on SEDO is stupid! For this name.

No company is going to compete for market share with that name and the volume of sales OP is doing,

Last edited:
•••
No company is going to compete for market share with that name and the volume of sales OP is doing,

"Open Sea" is a rather generic term, but the sales listing is rather transparent.

In my view someone would be silly to spend a massive amount of money on this, then use the term in the same field. That is a recipe for disaster.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The reserve is really low.
If it will sell under $3 million USD, I will be kind of disappointed.

•••
The reserve is really low.
If it will sell under $3 million USD, I will be kind of disappointed.

lol well u can start being disappointed now

•••
lol well u can start being disappointed now

The term "opeansea" is very generic, like "goodsky".
If the owner doesn't use it for NFTs, then there is no real case for a TM.
I don't think a UDRP is valid here unless the use case is for NFTs.

This is just an opinion.
*This is not a legal advice.

Last edited:
•••
The term "opeansea" is very generic, like "goodsky".
If the owner doesn't use it for NFTs, then there is no real case for a TM.
I don't think a UDRP is valid here unless the use case is for NFTs.

This is just an opinion.
*This is not a legal advice.

I was talking about yer 3mil price

•••
I was talking about yer 3mil price

The 3 million price is not that far fetched.
I can imagine quite of a bidding war lol B-)

•••
Outside of trademarks and fuss, people will probably hate me for saying this, but this domain is high thousands / 5 figure territory. Not 6 or 7 seven figures

IMO

•••
3m Bargain for opensea com

In August, digital marketplace OpenSea recorded over $3.4 billion in transactions across 1.67 million non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In July, its sales reached $325 million, following less than $150 million in June. The exponential growth corresponds to a shift in NFT content being auctioned, which may impact the development of digital strategies by brands and sports entities.

3.4 Billion !!

•••
3m Bargain for opensea com

In August, digital marketplace OpenSea recorded over $3.4 billion in transactions across 1.67 million non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In July, its sales reached $325 million, following less than $150 million in June. The exponential growth corresponds to a shift in NFT content being auctioned, which may impact the development of digital strategies by brands and sports entities.

3.4 Billion !!

Maybe fine for Open Sea, the NFT business, but I don't see them paying in that range

As for anyone else starting a different Open Sea ...save the fish charity, a waterpark, a retailer, or whatever ...I'm going with nah. We'll see what happens

Last edited:
•••
Outside of trademarks and fuss, people will probably hate me for saying this, but this domain is high thousands / 5 figure territory. Not 6 or 7 seven figures

IMO
Depends on whos buying!

Only a Fool l would allow .io to acquire under $1M LOL
OpenSea racked in a record $3.4 billion in transaction volume in august alone

Though yes outside the .io its not a 7 fig name, but really whos going to use now that it known as the World Wide NFT Billion dollar marketplace/

Edit: as I type this I get an email from OpenSea for my OS account just now lol

Last edited:
•••
Maybe fine for Open Sea, the NFT business, but I don't see them paying that much

They will, they know the the vaule, and they,their team, their customers, PAY much much more for NFTs daily...look up there wallet address contract, if you'd like to know how much Ethereum they currently hold

Last edited:
•••
They will, they know the the vaule, and they , their team, their customers, PAY much much more for NFTs daily.

We'll see. If it is them and they pay a 7 figure number, I'll eat my hat

Last edited:
•••
We'll see. If it is them and they pay a 7 figure number, I'll eat my hat

Deal lol

and i'll eat mine IF they don't and I Bet my hat, when/if deal is made, they pay using eth, not cash or a split of the 2

•••
OpenSea dot com is generating a decent amount of traffic, around 9k this month.

•••
OpenSea dot com is generating a decent amount of traffic, around 9k this month.

Yeah, ofc it does :)
"> 9k" in excess of 9,000, probably a lot more than 9K.

Probably a lot of Opensea users mistakenly believe the business is on .com and afterwards realize it is on .io and other users just type in the .com address.
When I first heard about Opensea NFT marketplace in the news I google searched the .com version.
Upgrading from .io to .com might theoretically triple or quadruple or more their daily NFT sales.

•••
OpenSea is registered in 424 extensions per DotDB.com

•••
Yeah, ofc it does :)
"> 9k" in excess of 9,000, probably a lot more than 9K.

Probably a lot of Opensea users mistakenly believe the business is on .com and afterwards realize it is on .io and other users just type in the .com address.
When I first heard about Opensea NFT marketplace in the news I google searched the .com version.
Upgrading from .io to .com might theoretically triple or quadruple or more their daily NFT sales.

If you buy this domain you are basically making a play to sell it to one specific end user, who is likely aware of the auction anyway.

The term is not nearly as valuable for any other use really. Outside that it is just a quality two word brand .com.

If you use the traffic or domain for TM related things you are likely going to run into issues very quickly.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back