Dynadot

.biz One word .biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Are these ever worth buying? Are they worth anything?

I know this is a general question, but would love any thoughts or feedback...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a super one-word .BIZ like "SEX.BIZ" there might be some modest value. But unless the word is a killer, I would think not.

•••
Category killer type domains have good value even in .BIZ. In general though .BIZ is not a good place to be investing.

Brad

•••
.biz has the lowest profile (and publicly reported aftermarket sales) among the .US, .info, and .biz trifecta. That being said, .biz has 2 million + global registrations. And I see notable numbers of local businesses using .biz. Quality one and two word .biz domains are good investments for business-specific purposes: real estate, marketing, consumer products, etc.

.BIZ do not flip as easily in the domainer market as do .us and .info. So whether or not .biz will be a good investment depends on 1. how long you intend to hold, 2. the quality of the domain you're considering, 3. the robustness of the market described in the domain.

An indication of that last factor is to type the domain into google as in "Boston Homes", and then count how many Google advertisers are purchasing ads for that particular search phrase. If it's 2 or 3 ads, then that may be a weak market. If you have many ads, then the market interest is apparently pretty hot, and your resale and/or monetization options are likely better.

•••
You might as well go for a BZ there's a lot of good keywords left..

•••
Develop it

If the domain is a keyword where you could sell something it would be a good buy for long term development but not a quick flip.

•••
I have someone.biz and I'm going to sell it for Low XX$.
Only super premium keywords cost something in this extension.

•••
If the domain is a keyword where you could sell something it would be a good buy for long term development but not a quick flip.
I tested Fruitcake.biz (the cake) with developing it and it ranked pretty well in Yahoo (top 5) for fruitcake. It did pretty well around the Holidays, but now I have lost my ranking for some reason....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back