NameSilo

One risk you would take to achieve mid 5 fig or 6 fig sale

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Domain Monk, Jun 11, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Domain Monk

Domain Monk Mindful Domaining VIP

90% of domainers would never had a mid 5 figure or six figure sale, what's that one risk you would take to achieve it? if it comes from the one who has achieved that figure would be great.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. hawkeye

hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Turning down an offer to hold out (hope) for a better offer.

3. skshogun

skshogun Established Member

Buying that name for high 4 figures or more when the opportunity comes.

4. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

It may sound a bit boring (sorry), but I want to introduce the concept of "calculated risk". On an aggregated level I personally don't do extremely risky things in domaining, and have no desire to do so.

Many domainers will never sell all of their domain names. The entire portfolio must offer possibilities to realize a healthy mix of small, medium, and large sales, over different periods. The calculated risk consists of making good estimates for your domains in each category and their probability of return. The total annual renewal costs are an "acceptable risk", even if you have to wait one or two decades before a domain gets sold for the amount you're mentioning in the original question.

5. lambo.com

lambo.com 445.com VIP

We are all buying beasts for the market so make sure you know your difference between and ass, a mule, a donkey, a horse, a race horse and a Champion where you can sell the semen for lots of money.

6. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

I've turned down several offers recently ranging from high xxx to mid xxxx for names. Yes, having the cash to put into other names would be nice but the offers were not even a fourth of a reasonable number.

7. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

i agree if you always take a 4 figure amount you will never see a 5 figure, you have to be willing to hold out. :)

8. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

or falabella. Miniature horses.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice